• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

A very Unusual Hindu wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if anyone of you had seen the episode of Look who's talking with Niranjan.

Ok the host Niranjan Iyengar is gay..and the episode where he was interviewing Fawad Khan..LOL...you should have seen how excited Niranjan was..sitting on a sofa and talking with all smiles ..giggling with Fawad.

Well Fawad is not gay ..he is married..very good looking guy BTW and Niranjan clearly looked very excited on the show!

It was nice to see BROMANCE!

Last edited:
Dear Renuka,

Very sadly so these days. But it has the scope to go beyond physical attraction.

I believe nature approves pairing that complement each other because that is what can produce synergy in relationship and you learn something new.

Sravna...in another thread you had replied to a girl who asked what do TB males look for in a relationship and you answered 'fairly good looks" in your reply.

How is this possible if there is NO attraction?

You have contradicted yourself.

BTW there is nothing wrong with physical attraction..that forms the basis for a deeper union of mind and soul.

Sravna...in another thread you had replied to a girl who asked what do TB males look for in a relationship and you answered 'fairly good looks" in your reply.

How is this possible if there is NO attraction?

You have contradicted yourself.

BTW there is nothing wrong with physical attraction..that forms the basis for a deeper union of mind and soul.

Dear Renuka,

I have never ever dismissed physical aspects totally. But they should not be the sole criteria on which decisions should be made when there are non physical aspects also. If made, they are likely to be either shortsighted or immoral.

Dear Renuka,

I have never ever dismissed physical aspects totally. But they should not be the sole criteria on which decisions should be made when there are non physical aspects also. If made, they are likely to be either shortsighted or immoral.

So I guess its ok to be partially immoral by not dismissing physical aspects totally?LOL

Sravna...half truth = untruth.

So I guess its ok to be partially immoral by not dismissing physical aspects totally?LOL

Sravna...half truth = untruth.
Renuka,

What I mean is take the totality. In fact ignoring physical aspects implies one is not practical.

Last edited:
Renuka,

What I mean is take the totality. In fact ignoring physical aspects implies one is not practical.

Therefore you agree that one should NOT ignore physical aspects.

Ok next is..so how are you so sure that a gay person is ONLY attracted to physical aspects?

What if he also looks for some non physical aspects like love,compassion and intelligence in another gay?

Just becos majority of the world are heterosexual that does not mean homosexuals lack finer thinking capacity or only have physical attraction in their minds..they too do not chase after every Tom,Dick and Harry..they too choose who they find some compatibility.

The world makes rules according to what is prevalent..for example the using Left Hand is made to be sound as rude..reason? becos majority are right handed.

I am right handed myself but now I have began to use both left and right hand to accept things and give things..I feel both are my hands..why do I need to differentiate left from right?

Left is not lesser than right..its not rude..its not less auspicious ..its just made up by the majority who are right handed.

Do we differentiate our eyes?

Do we say I will only use my right eye to see and not use my left eye?

We dont.

Like wise we need to drop prejudice that something different from us is immoral or wrong etc.

Dear Renuka,

If one is looking for just compassion, love and is attracted by finer aspects of another person, the relationship is friendship or something that would be in any way be considering bodily attraction. Only when the attraction is bodily attraction it becomes a homosexual relationship.

Agree?

Dear Renuka,

If one is looking for just compassion, love and is attracted by finer aspects of another person, the relationship is friendship or something that would be in any way be considering bodily attraction. Only when the attraction is bodily attraction it becomes a homosexual relationship.

Agree?

Dear Sravna,

Lets rephrase that:

If one is looking for just compassion, love and is attracted by finer aspects of another person, the relationship is friendship or something that would be in any way be considering bodily attraction. Only when the attraction is bodily attraction it becomes a heterosexual relationship.

This theory applies for both homosexual and heterosexual.

BTW Sravna...most of us are married..surely there is element of physical relationship in marriage...none of us are doing Pooja for spouse and keeping them in a prayer room! They are also being used left right centre!LOL

Dear Sravna,

I have a spiritual test for you...lets say I place you in a submarine full of gay sailors who have not seen a new male for a long time and looking for a new catch ... could you use spiritual powers to change them to heterosexual?

BTW they all are good looking like Chip N Dale club performers...extremely intelligent too.

I chose to put you in a submarine cos its underwater and spiritual powers could be dampened by it.

Dear Sravna,

I have a spiritual test for you...lets say I place you in a submarine full of gay sailors who have not seen a new male for a long time and looking for a new catch ... could you use spiritual powers to change them to heterosexual?

BTW they all are good looking like Chip N Dale club performers...extremely intelligent too.

I chose to put you in a submarine cos its underwater and spiritual powers could be dampened by it.

Dear Renuka,

Spiritual power starts from relatively easily destructible to indestructible. So its effects also vary from relatively difficult to influence to always influencing.

I really do not know where in the spectrum my power lies and where it will end.

It is easier to be not influenced than trying to influence.

BTW spiritual energy is not dampened by water. It is something that rises above it.

Renukaji,
This is all hypothetical.
The gay people are not sexual predators. They are human.
Secondly they may not have any contact with Sravanaji at all.
Sexual orientation is not a disease, that can be cured.

http://www.who.int/bulletin/volumes/92/9/14-135541/en/

Moreover, recent surveys demonstrate that homosexual behaviour is a widely prevalent aspect of human sexuality. Over the last half century, several classification systems, including the ICD, have gradually removed diagnoses that once defined homosexuality per se as a mental disorder. These changes reflect both emerging human rights standards and the lack of empirical evidence supporting the pathologization and medicalization of variations in sexual orientation expression.

Then again if a sexually active hetrosexal person is put in this kind of situation say for 6 months, even they may change.

Renukaji,
This is all hypothetical.
The gay people are not sexual predators. They are human.
Secondly they may not have any contact with Sravanaji at all.
Sexual orientation is not a disease, that can be cured.

http://www.who.int/bulletin/volumes/92/9/14-135541/en/

Then again if a sexually active hetrosexal person is put in this kind of situation say for 6 months, even they may change.

Agreed Prasad Ji...
I am just trying to get Sravna's opinion on this and letting my imagination run wild too...boy I should be a XXX movie director!LOL Ok more than this I would be banned!

You would be surprised to know or may you might already be knowing Dr Mehmet Oz (known as Dr Oz) the famous Cardiothoracic surgeon and talk show Doc in USA had landed in some controversy by citing that homosexuality can be cured.

But taking into account he being Turkish by race and a Muslim...though he says he is into Sufism and transcendental meditation..may be being Muslim he still felt Homosexuality is abnormal.

Yes...I agree orientation can change..in fact a good friend in school had Lesbian tendencies as a teen and she used to behave a bit unnaturally predatory at times with girls..but now she is married to a male and has children.

I also know some married females who after divorces became lesbians cos they lost faith in males.

So its actually hard to determine the cause.

Last edited:
Dear Renuka,

Spiritual power starts from relatively easily destructible to indestructible. So its effects also vary from relatively difficult to influence to always influencing.

I really do not know where in the spectrum my power lies and where it will end.

It is easier to be not influenced than trying to influence.

BTW spiritual energy is not dampened by water. It is something that rises above it.

See I knew you would give a rather "safe" answer cos a submarine full of Chip N Dale type of guys...might be hard to resists!LOL

Just kidding.

I had a friend who was in the NCC, and during training when they attended camps, boys helped out each other to soothe their raging physical needs - I was told. This is all private and nobody talks about it.

likening gays to "barbarians" who "need to be educated" and "disciplined.
In 2007 the American Psychological Association assembled a task force to study the effectiveness of this approach. After spending two years sifting through the available research—it evaluated eighty-three studies back to 1960—the group concluded that there was scant evidence that sexual orientation could be changed. What's more, it found that attempting to do so could cause depression and suicidal tendencies among patients. Based on these findings, in 2009 the APA voted to repudiate reparative therapy by a margin of 125 to 4.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/side-effects/201108/curing-homosexuality

Dear Sravna,

Genesis 18 19& 20 talks about some what similar situation

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bi.../?search=Genesis+19&version=NIV&interface=amp

I had read this long back when I was much younger...I found it strange that homosexuality is viewed harshly but incest with father and daughter was fine!LOL

[h=3]Lot and His Daughters[/h][FONT=&quot]30 Lot and his two daughters left Zoar and settled in the mountains, for he was afraid to stay in Zoar. He and his two daughters lived in a cave.31 One day the older daughter said to the younger, “Our father is old, and there is no man around here to give us children—as is the custom all over the earth. 32 Let’s get our father to drink wine and then sleep with him and preserve our family line through our father.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]33 That night they got their father to drink wine, and the older daughter went in and slept with him. He was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]34 The next day the older daughter said to the younger, “Last night I slept with my father. Let’s get him to drink wine again tonight, and you go in and sleep with him so we can preserve our family line through our father.” 35 So they got their father to drink wine that night also, and the younger daughter went in and slept with him. Again he was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]36 So both of Lot’s daughters became pregnant by their father. 37 The older daughter had a son, and she named him Moab[g]; he is the father of the Moabites of today. 38 The younger daughter also had a son, and she named him Ben-Ammi[h]; he is the father of the Ammonites[i] of today.[/FONT]

One of the very popular and top IT Companies in India, which has equally opportunities employer as motto, has a forum to redress grievances of Lesbians and Gays and Homosexuals in their organization.

What do you call this? A degeneration in our corporate culture/standard? or broad-mindedness as americans call it?

I had read this long back when I was much younger...I found it strange that homosexuality is viewed harshly but incest with father and daughter was fine!LOL

Lot and His Daughters

30 Lot and his two daughters left Zoar and settled in the mountains, for he was afraid to stay in Zoar. He and his two daughters lived in a cave.31 One day the older daughter said to the younger, “Our father is old, and there is no man around here to give us children—as is the custom all over the earth. 32 Let’s get our father to drink wine and then sleep with him and preserve our family line through our father.”
33 That night they got their father to drink wine, and the older daughter went in and slept with him. He was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.
34 The next day the older daughter said to the younger, “Last night I slept with my father. Let’s get him to drink wine again tonight, and you go in and sleep with him so we can preserve our family line through our father.” 35 So they got their father to drink wine that night also, and the younger daughter went in and slept with him. Again he was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.
36 So both of Lot’s daughters became pregnant by their father. 37 The older daughter had a son, and she named him Moab[g]; he is the father of the Moabites of today. 38 The younger daughter also had a son, and she named him Ben-Ammi[h]; he is the father of the Ammonites[i] of today.

Spirituality can make it a sin but has no cure! Sodamy act to punish those who commit the Sin of Sodom - Gonnorrhea was the result of sin of Gomorrah! It had a cure in Pencillin discoverd in 1942 by Flemming Nothing to do with Hopes of spiritual Popes who criminalised them thinking that will controll these sins! In fact Spiruality destroyed those cites with fire and brime storms but that is no cure !

Dear RR ji,

Long back here in Msia there was a case where after world war 2 many families were separated and siblings too got lost becos of war.

A chinese couple both orphans married each other..they grew old together had many kids too.

Then I dont know how but eventually they found out that they are actually bro and sis who were separated during the war!

They got a shock of their lives and the husband became a Buddhist monk and the wife became a Buddhisht nun.

Poor things...they did not know they were bro and sis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back