• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

6 - Senses...!! HUMAN vs ANIMALS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, with some utterly butterly question...!!

Two days back I was reading a book called "Clinical neuroanatomy", This question came from that topic...!!!

How come we have only 6 senses (6 arivugal) ??

what are they?? How it has been distinguished..???

why not more than 6??

Animals vs Humans - senses????

is that a concrete report for humans are having six senses ONLY (arivugal)???

Regards
Ashok

I have posted long back about this in this forum. Copy pasting it again for easy reference:

ஒன்றறி வதுவே யுற்றறி வதுவே

இரண்டறி வதுவே யதனொடு நாவே

மூன்றறி வதுவே யவற்றொடு மூக்கே

நான்கறி வதுவே யவற்றொடு கண்ணே

ஐந்தறி வதுவே யவற்றொடு செவியே

ஆறறி வதுவே யவற்றொடு மனனே

நேரிதி னுணர்ந்தோர் நெறிப்படுத் தினரே என்கிறார்,
தொல்காப்பியர்.

ஓரறிவுயிர்:

மெய்யினால் உணரும் உணர்வுடைய புல், மரம் முதலியவற்றை ஓரறிவு உயிர்களாகக் கூறுவர்.

ஈரறிவுயிர்:

மெய்யினால் உணர்ந்து கொள்வதுடன் வாயினால் உணரும் சுவை உணர்வுடையவைகள் ஈரறிவு உயிர்களாகும்.

சங்கு, நத்தை, அலகு, நொள்ளை என்பனவும் கொள்ளலாம் என்பது இளம்பூரணர் கருத்து.

மூவறிவுயிர்:

தொடுதல், சுவைத்தல் என்ற இரண்டு உணர்வுடன் மூக்கினால் உணர்ந்து கொள்ளும் திறன் படைத்தவைகள் மூவறிவு உயிர்களாகும்

சிதலும், எறும்பும் உற்றுணர்வும் நாவுணர்வும் மூக்குமுடையனவாதலால் மூவறிவுயிராகும்.

நான்கறிவுயிர்:

தொடுதல், சுவைத்தல், நுகர்தல் என்ற மூன்று உணர்வுடன் பார்த்தல் திறன் படைத்தவைகள் நான்கறிவுயிர்களாகும்.

நண்டிற்கும் தும்பிக்கும் செவியுணர்வு ஒழித்து ஒழிந்த நான்கு உணர்வுகளும் உள.

ஐயறிவுயிர்:

தொடுதல், சுவைத்தல், நுகர்தல், பார்த்தல் என்ற நான்கு உணர்வுடன் கேட்டல் திறன் படைத்தவைகள் ஐயறிவுயிர்களாகும்.

மாவும் மாக்களும் ஐயறி வினவே.
மாவென்பன நாற்கால் விலங்கு. மாக்களெனப்படுவார் மனவுணர்ச்சியில்லாதவர்.

ஆறறிவுயிர்:

ஐந்து அறிவோடு பகுத்தறிவும் திறன் படைத்தவன் மக்கள் பகுத்தறியும் திறன் அற்றவர்களை மாக்கள் என்று அழைப்பர்.

தொல்காப்பியர் மரபியலுள் ஒன்று முதல் ஆறறிவு படைத்த உயிரினங்களின் இயல்பையும் அவ்வுயிரினங்கள் தொடர்பான

மரபு வழிப்பட்ட பெயரினங்களையும் ஆராய்ந்து பல அரிய உண்மைகளைக் கூறுகிறார். இச்செய்திகள் மூலம்

தொல்காப்பியரின் உயிரியல் அறிவு தொடர்பான சிந்தனைகளை விளங்கிக் கொள்ள முடிகிறது.

அறிவியல் வளராத பல்லாயிரம் ஆண்டுகளுக்கு முன்னர் உயிர்களின் இனம், பெயர், பாகுபாடு, அறிவு போன்றவை குறித்து

ஆராய்ந்து தெளிவாக உணர்த்திய தொல்காப்பியனாரின் புலமை வியப்புக்குரியது.

Ref: Post #2

The post is condensed form

தொல்காப்பியம் வெளிப்படுத்தும் உயிர்ப் பாகுபாடுகள் – உ. சண்முகசுந்தரி.

From Yahoo answers:

MIT researchers have shown that animals do appear to dream, and their dreams seem to replay events that occurred while

they were awake. To show this, they recorded distinctive brain activity that occurred when rats ran in a circle while awake.

The identical brain activity occurred while the rats were asleep!
icon3.png

How about animals that are able to detect impending earthquakes... Do they have the extra sixth sense ...You may like to go through attached video-YouTube. It is about a dog that senses a impending earthquake in California..It looks like animals have stronger sensitivity ...They are able to detect minute changes in air pressure or vibration...

Last edited:
I am afraid we are giving too much credit to Animals without knowing them. In property fights, they are worse than us. I have observed this in their chorus barking on the streets. "You have no visa, no passport and above all we are son of the soil" and so on so forth. Crow invites other crows only as a security. It would not allow others to hit its prey! Whether it is Western disturbance or Eastern Wind, Southern heat or Northern cold, the Met dept dumps you like a hot pot. We are living on His mercy, whether you know before hand or even if you are a visionary.

I have posted long back about this in this forum. Copy pasting it again for easy reference:

ஒன்றறி வதுவே யுற்றறி வதுவே

இரண்டறி வதுவே யதனொடு நாவே

மூன்றறி வதுவே யவற்றொடு மூக்கே

நான்கறி வதுவே யவற்றொடு கண்ணே

ஐந்தறி வதுவே யவற்றொடு செவியே

ஆறறி வதுவே யவற்றொடு மனனே

நேரிதி னுணர்ந்தோர் நெறிப்படுத் தினரே என்கிறார்,
தொல்காப்பியர்.

ஓரறிவுயிர்:

மெய்யினால் உணரும் உணர்வுடைய புல், மரம் முதலியவற்றை ஓரறிவு உயிர்களாகக் கூறுவர்.

ஈரறிவுயிர்:

மெய்யினால் உணர்ந்து கொள்வதுடன் வாயினால் உணரும் சுவை உணர்வுடையவைகள் ஈரறிவு உயிர்களாகும்.

சங்கு, நத்தை, அலகு, நொள்ளை என்பனவும் கொள்ளலாம் என்பது இளம்பூரணர் கருத்து.

மூவறிவுயிர்:

தொடுதல், சுவைத்தல் என்ற இரண்டு உணர்வுடன் மூக்கினால் உணர்ந்து கொள்ளும் திறன் படைத்தவைகள் மூவறிவு உயிர்களாகும்

சிதலும், எறும்பும் உற்றுணர்வும் நாவுணர்வும் மூக்குமுடையனவாதலால் மூவறிவுயிராகும்.

நான்கறிவுயிர்:

தொடுதல், சுவைத்தல், நுகர்தல் என்ற மூன்று உணர்வுடன் பார்த்தல் திறன் படைத்தவைகள் நான்கறிவுயிர்களாகும்.

நண்டிற்கும் தும்பிக்கும் செவியுணர்வு ஒழித்து ஒழிந்த நான்கு உணர்வுகளும் உள.

ஐயறிவுயிர்:

தொடுதல், சுவைத்தல், நுகர்தல், பார்த்தல் என்ற நான்கு உணர்வுடன் கேட்டல் திறன் படைத்தவைகள் ஐயறிவுயிர்களாகும்.

மாவும் மாக்களும் ஐயறி வினவே.
மாவென்பன நாற்கால் விலங்கு. மாக்களெனப்படுவார் மனவுணர்ச்சியில்லாதவர்.

ஆறறிவுயிர்:

ஐந்து அறிவோடு பகுத்தறிவும் திறன் படைத்தவன் மக்கள் பகுத்தறியும் திறன் அற்றவர்களை மாக்கள் என்று அழைப்பர்.

தொல்காப்பியர் மரபியலுள் ஒன்று முதல் ஆறறிவு படைத்த உயிரினங்களின் இயல்பையும் அவ்வுயிரினங்கள் தொடர்பான

மரபு வழிப்பட்ட பெயரினங்களையும் ஆராய்ந்து பல அரிய உண்மைகளைக் கூறுகிறார். இச்செய்திகள் மூலம்

தொல்காப்பியரின் உயிரியல் அறிவு தொடர்பான சிந்தனைகளை விளங்கிக் கொள்ள முடிகிறது.

அறிவியல் வளராத பல்லாயிரம் ஆண்டுகளுக்கு முன்னர் உயிர்களின் இனம், பெயர், பாகுபாடு, அறிவு போன்றவை குறித்து

ஆராய்ந்து தெளிவாக உணர்த்திய தொல்காப்பியனாரின் புலமை வியப்புக்குரியது.
Gr8 and thanks.

I am sorry I have a syndrome: To think differently. When very thick dark rain-bearing clouds gather to make it look like an approaching dusk, the birds make noises perhaps to warn their flock. Again after the clouds burst open and the Sun reappears or even if it is a 'monkey-marriage' the birds make noise as if to announce a day break. Maybe they do not have the so called sixth sense to understand the vagaries, but the other senses must be working very good - more power to less senses!

What about dreaming , Imagination ... etc.,

6 senses are having only human beings???

I am quite sure even animals dream..when I was young I had a dog who used to bark and make even cute doggy whines in his sleep.
I guess my dog used to dream.

The best is seeing an animal sense a paranormal entity.
They are the best at this especially dogs.

For those who have seen paranormal entities and have seen dogs reacting to it will understand what I am saying.

For those who feel paranormal entities do not exists might not understand what I am saying but don't despair..may be you might get lucky enough tonight at 12 midnight and get a a visit from some பேய், பிசாசு, பூதம் tonight!!!

....​
Dogs in Kerala might be more active, because there are Vishnu MAyA temples owned by many families in that state!
And, I know a few persons living there, who describe their 'பேய் encounter
episodes'! :scared:

Note: I had been to Thrissur recently and saw a lot of Vishnu MAyA temples maintained by different families.

Vishnu MAyA is the son of Lord ShivA and Devi PArvathi. He is bestowed with 'Sudharshana chakram' to destry evil spirits!!
Wikipedia has more info. about Vishnu MAyA .... :ranger:

Last edited:
Dogs in Kerala might be more active, because there are Vishnu MAyA temples owned by many families in that state!
And, I know a few persons living there, who describe their 'பேய்
encounter episodes'!
scared.gif

Lots of things are very active in Kerala.
Shakila is a living proof!!

So besides பேய் encounters there is another important பிசாசு, there and its the Kadhal பிசாசு!!

kaadhal pisase kaadhal pisase
aedho sowkiyam paravaillai
naanum awasthaiyum paravaillai

thanimaigaL paravaillai thavippugaL paravaillai
kanavennai koththi thindraal paravaillai
iravugaLum paravaillai himsaigaLum paravaillai
ippadiyE seththu ponaal paravaillai

kaadhal pisase (love love) kaadhal pisase (love love)

Last edited:
How do we correlate with VISHNU MAYA temple with Active dogs..?????

And, I know a few persons living there, who describe their 'பேய் encounter
episodes'! :scared:

Note: I had been to Thrissur recently and saw a lot of Vishnu MAyA temples maintained by different families.

Vishnu MAyA is the son of Lord ShivA and Devi PArvathi. He is bestowed with 'Sudharshana chakram' to destry evil spirits!!
Wikipedia has more info. about Vishnu MAyA .... :ranger:

Lots of things are very active in Kerala.
Shakila is a living proof!!

NO COMMENTS...!!!

So besides பேய் encounters there is another important பிசாசு, there and its the Kadhal பிசாசு!!

aedho sowkiyam paravaillai
naanum awasthaiyum paravaillai

thanimaigaL paravaillai thavippugaL paravaillai
kanavennai koththi thindraal paravaillai
iravugaLum paravaillai himsaigaLum paravaillai
ippadiyE seththu ponaal paravaillai

Mam, The male singer (PISASU), killed the language like anything, he pronounces PARUVAAYILLAI, I use to laugh whenever I listen this song...

Yes of course, LOVE is also a sense ..!!!

God Vishnu MAyA is supposed to drive away evil spirits. And Kerala seems to have lot of these!!

And dogs can sense the presence of evil spirits. That is the point! :laser:

You can not believe, in my native place, my grand father house has a cock almost 7 - 8 years old, very healthy & looks so nice. My grand father passed around 9 O clock in the night, and the cock also died at round 9:30...

SENSE ...!!!

For those who have seen paranormal entities and have seen dogs reacting to it will understand what I am saying.

For those who feel paranormal entities do not exists might not understand what I am saying but don't despair..may be you might get lucky enough tonight at 12 midnight and get a a visit from some பேய், பிசாசு, பூதம் tonight!!!

Mam, The male singer (PISASU), killed the language like anything, he pronounces PARUVAAYILLAI, I use to laugh whenever I listen this song...

Yes of course, LOVE is also a sense ..!!!

You know I like how Udit Narayan sings Tamil Songs...I loved the PARUVAAYILLAI part.
Its so cute.

You know there is always a cute twist to a non native speaker singing any song.
I like hearing Sanskrit Bhajans sung by western devotees too.Its really cute.

BTW you are acting innocent about Shakila Madam??LOL

You can not believe, in my native place, my grand father house has a cock almost 7 - 8 years old, very healthy & looks so nice. My grand father passed around 9 O clock in the night, and the cock also died at round 9:30...

SENSE ...!!!

I believe you..have seen many cases like this.
Two years ago one relative died and his beloved healthy dog died the next day.

You know I like how Udit Narayan sings Tamil Songs...I loved the PARUVAAYILLAI part.
Its so cute.

You know there is always a cute twist to a non native speaker singing any song.
I like hearing Sanskrit Bhajans sung by western devotees too.Its really cute.

BTW you are acting innocent about Shakila Madam??LOL

Why this KOLAVERI ????? :)

KOLA - VERI ----> SENSE ...???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back