• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

420 explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

s007bala

420th explanation

OM POORNA MADAH POORNA MIDAM
POORNAAT POORNA MUDACHYATE
POORNASYA POORNA MAADAAYA
POORNA MEVAA VASHISHYATE
OM SHANTI SHANTI SHANTIHI

THAT IS un-explainable. THIS (CREATION) IS ALSO un-explainable.
FROM THAT un-explainable (I.E. BRAHMAN ONLY) THIS un-explainable HAS COME OUT (CREATION)
BUT EVEN THOUGH THIS un-explainable HAS COME OUT OF THAT un-explainable
YET THAT un-explainable REMAINS un-explainable ONLY.

(i.e. Brahman remains unaffected, retains His/Her/Its fullness and completeness.)

sb :)

Last edited:
Sai Baba

Sat sangatwe nis sanga twam,
Nis sangatwe nir moha twam,
Nir mohatwe nis chala tattwam,
Nis chala tattwe jivan mukti.
(Sanskrit sloka)

Good company leads to detachment;
Detachment makes one free from delusion;
Freedom from delusion leads to steadiness of mind;
Steadiness of mind confers liberation.

Actually i have written truth without realising..:)

sb

re

There is no absolute truth... only perceptive reality...

Which is un-explainable,as, if absolute truth is explainable or perceptive reality,it would have been explained already by now..

1. pragyAnam brahma - Brahman is pure consciousness.
2. aham brahmAsmi - I am Brahman.
3. tat tvam asi - Thou art that (Brahman)
4. ayamAtmA brahma - This atman is Brahman

sb:hail:

Which is un-explainable,as, if absolute truth is explainable or perceptive reality,it would have been explained already by now..

The fact that is unexplainable could also be construed to mean that there is only perceptive truth... we take it as we want to believe it...

1. pragyAnam brahma - Brahman is pure consciousness.

Then this consciousness is different in you and me in that it perceives differently... if it were the same, then why should it manifest differently?

2. aham brahmAsmi - I am Brahman.

Negative. We are not brahman. Can we create an universe? We are not even able to come to a common conclusion as to what "truth" is...

3. tat tvam asi - Thou art that (Brahman)

"tat" refers to brahman, "tvam' again refers to brahman; so, brahman is brahman... what could be inferred from this?

4. ayamAtmA brahma - This atman is Brahman

No, athma is not brahman; it is just athma... brahman is the superset...

it has been explained, but we do not know.

we go after theory, only practice takes one there.

An honest query - then why do we not practice? I see that there are so many learned members here and everywhere, but only a few practising... This kind of hypocrisy is what compels to lead away from the truth...

very true Seshji...very-very true...perhaps because talking is easy but doing is tuf...its a case of NATO (No Action Talk Only)....

Maybe USA - United Sensless Action...khe khe

sb

P.S.I was Sureswaracharya associate in previous birth and i still did not get it then nor now :(

re

haha...

this is becoming like msn or yahoo or icq chat...

yes, bala-ji...did you get that thru nadi and who was sureswaracharya and who were you as an associate? Interesting....

H H amma & Shri Seshadri,

Yes thru Nadi.120% feminine intuition.Superb.Bolo Amma Ki Jai.Sureshwaracharya was the first Jagathguru of Shringeri Peetham.Of course Nadi gave a veritable list.

sb:angel:

Last edited:
>>No, athma is not brahman; it is just athma... brahman is the superset...<<

To give an example.Air is same everywhere as Vayu.Do we differentiate Vayu as,UAE Vayu or India Vayu Or USA Vayu...the brahman in which we reside and the brahman which resides in us is also called as bhagavan...explanation varies from people to people....if there is a specific loka as Kailasham,Vaikundam,Brahma Lokam...Heaven,Hell...Jannath..don't you think our ancients would have given us the latitude and longitude of the place..its a consciouness which exists....there is no particular form or place confining this consciousness..its all prevalent as omnipotent omniscient...

sb

>>No, athma is not brahman; it is just athma... brahman is the superset...<<

To give an example.Air is same everywhere as Vayu.Do we differentiate Vayu as,UAE Vayu or India Vayu Or USA Vayu...the brahman in which we reside and the brahman which resides in us is also called as bhagavan...explanation varies from people to people....if there is a specific loka as Kailasham,Vaikundam,Brahma Lokam...Heaven,Hell...Jannath..don't you think our ancients would have given us the latitude and longitude of the place..its a consciouness which exists....there is no particular form or place confining this consciousness..its all prevalent as omnipotent omniscient...

sb

Examples do not ratify the cause always; you are trying to explain something that cannot be proved - by using perceptive means...

Consciousness,is a feeling,to realise.Not an object to perceive.Sugar is an object,which when tasted thru our senses,perceives to be sweet.Only if we taste our motor mechanism prompt us,the memory of sweet.There is subtleness here.As the consciousness gets rarer and rarer,duality ceases to exist and its all non-dual.

sb:)

Consciousness,is a feeling,to realise.Not an object to perceive.Sugar is an object,which when tasted thru our senses,perceives to be sweet.Only if we taste our motor mechanism prompt us,the memory of sweet.There is subtleness here.As the consciousness gets rarer and rarer,duality ceases to exist and its all non-dual.

sb:)

realization too is perception, not of the senses, but of the mind...

>>you are trying to explain something that cannot be proved<<

Which is why,i tried to explain the Shanthi Mantram,as "Un-Explainable".Mine probably is the 420 th explanation Poornamadah Poornamidam........

sb

>>realization too is perception, not of the senses, but of the mind... <<

Mind is part of Consciousness.Consciousness exists without mind also.Just as gravity existed without Newton laws formulations for us now.

sb

no no what SB said is correct.

HHDSwamiji says,

To say "ER COGITO ERGO SUM"... "I think therefore I'm " is not a complete picture..

" I'm..... therefore I think" is the complete one.

These are all just theories...

The athma gains an identitiy with the body... this combined force is the mind... without the body the mind cannot exist... but the athma can...

Your example, in my opinion, does not fit the picture...

Mind is that which is run by both the athma and the body... it is a resultant of both... that is why consciousness can exist without mind...

The "I" is aware of itself only through the physical body (in whatever form)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back