• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

420 explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as advaitha M M,Two words are necessary to perceive everything made up of the brahman-atman living entity. But perhaps the two words are necessary so that one can perceive what hasn’t been perceived before. Perhaps one cannot comprehend the oneness of everything without starting off with two distinct words to reflect the initially perceived object subject duality. But once again, preempting any dualistic interpretation,lets refer to the beginning and say simply, In the beginning this world was simply what is existent—one only, without a second. Shastras counter the sense of priviliege and birthright that the upper echelon of society have felt entitlement owing to divine sanction.In fact as per divine sanction everyone is the same because atman & brahman are the same.Equating atman and brahman is all encompassing as in advaitha but it is challenging indeed to impose social hierarchies with such a proposal.If self appraised individuals of shastras,suggest brahman & atman are seperate then a role for the priestly class and other class like vaishyas,kshatriyas,shudras can be legitimised.Thereby priestly class can be ordained as interpreters of brahman.But advaitha did not result in mass awareness of equality,instead a caste system ie jathi system is in place,in Indian polity.

sb

>>bhagwan took 10 avatars - each different.<<

Errrrr M M ,isn't it nine avatars the tenth is awaited as Kalki .Kali Yugam started Jan 23 3102 and now we are Jan 24,5111 Kali Yugam and the total Kali Yugam is 432 000 Years.I think you posted about Yugams already from the little book of Mahaswamigal.

sb

But advaitha did not result in mass awareness of equality,instead a caste system ie jathi system is in place,in Indian polity.

Sir,

Advaitha is a philosophy...a path to divinity.

Whatever was 'equality' (or the sense of it) was designed by those of wanted to retain the reigns of ruling and power. Advaita is not responsible for any of that in any way. Advaitha is a path to God.

Let us not mix up points of philosophy with social stuff.

re

Sir,

Advaitha is a philosophy...a path to divinity.

Philosophies ultimately shape social way of life.Our advaitham was intelligently grabbed or the lord himself incarnated in communities of jewish people as Brahmaa or Brahman aka Abraham which in turn gave them Yahway aka nirguna brahman.Which Christ propounded and became a personal god and Christanity came into being.Similiarly Islam with Allah aka nirguna brahman,guru as prophet mohd...etc..there is no jathi or castes,equality is practiced with great fervour.

Whatever was 'equality' (or the sense of it) was designed by those of wanted to retain the reigns of ruling and power. Advaita is not responsible for any of that in any way. Advaitha is a path to God.
This is what Adi Shankara expressed and created five head quarters to spread advaitham.Therefore we still have our vedantham as hinduism now.The ability to understand how inextricably god is intertwined with us and viceversa is important piece of the puzzle of life.

Let us not mix up points of philosophy with social stuff.
Its already a heady mixture.I am not creating anything new.:thumb:.

sb

In brown:

Philosophies ultimately shape social way of life.Our advaitham was intelligently grabbed......there is no jathi or castes,equality is practiced with great fervour.

Philosphers may be social thinkers. In the past, they have influenced societies profundly, even changed it. But time and again they have remained helpless in face of men in arms who enforce stuff by way of violence and mental violence (greek world, arab world, early christian world..).

This is what Adi Shankara expressed and created five head quarters to spread advaitham.Therefore we still have our vedantham as hinduism now.The ability to understand how inextricably god is intertwined with us and viceversa is important piece of the puzzle of life.

My post was about 'equality, ruling and power. But you are saying this is what Adi Shankara expressed...i am not able to understand the connotation or what you wish to convey clearly....but i want to clarify that Sri Shakara Bhagawatpada created the mutts to preserve hindusim, advaitam and the way to God. He was a monk. Shankaracharyas are monks, they are not into worldy pursuits such as ruling and power...their path is divinity, they are not into controlling anyone or anything...they are into preserving their own sampradayas...it seems to me that you are making statements of the disconnected kind...

H H

Religion and politics are inextricably intertwined,whether its between Kings,Queens & sages,saints,Monks or Politicians and religious orders.May not be in obvious fashion,but its a subtle form of an alliance.

sb

sesh!
summannu sollittu - bhagavan confusion'a clear pannalainnu alattikatheengo.

regards

sesh!
summannu sollittu - bhagavan confusion'a clear pannalainnu alattikatheengo.

regards
MM sir,
sila neram irrelavent subject pathi inge pesaranga.....subjectkum
threadukkum sambandhme illammal pesaranga......koncham vidhanda
vadam mathiri irukku....

regards
tbs

illenna - avar kadavul yen confusion'a clear pannalennu kettar - athukku pathil

H H
Religion and politics are inextricably intertwined,whether its between Kings,Queens & sages,saints,Monks or Politicians and religious orders.May not be in obvious fashion,but its a subtle form of an alliance.
sb

Yep...but if you notice even in the past it was the martial nobility / rulers that sought spritiual guidance of the hymn-makers / sages. And when they needed protection, the men in arms in turn acted as their protector groups...that way they became part of each other's social set up...it was a symbiotic relationship.

But here we are talking about acharyas who in this kali yuga have a far more complex and difficult role to perform...esp, because in this yuga the rulers (politicians) are their enemies, not protectors...

>>Yep...but if you notice even in the past it was the martial nobility / rulers that sought spritiual guidance of the hymn-makers / sages. And when they needed protection, the men in arms in turn acted as their protector groups...that way they became part of each other's social set up...it was a symbiotic relationship. <<

True,this is what we can read and understand,but who is to know for sure what exactly happened,isn't it?

>>But here we are talking about acharyas who in this kali yuga have a far more complex and difficult role to perform...esp, because in this yuga the rulers (politicians) are their enemies, not protectors...<<

When Bhagavan Sathya Sai Baba & Ammachi shared the dias and projected close proximity with Shri Mu Ka of DMK,i was pleasntly surprised as well as happy.Becoz Shri Mu Ka is a virulent brahmin baiter and has a history of tormenting sathvic souls for their piety.The only commonality is both gurus are non-brahmins by birth,which must have come to the calculation of the wily politician.Personally i love both the gurus,as they are pure love.

Regarding your request in the oral tradition thread.This is the second time,you have mentioned about me distracting the initiator of the thread or being irrelevant to topic.Slowly i am beginning to get a hazy picture of people here,and sooner or later their persona gets created in a subtle form based on their writings.In a public forum,all sorts of comments are bound to be there,to which the thread initiator has reacted.I sort of understood,the angst and why i created such an angst.But i always stand corrected,if thats what is wanted.Some people are immature,no matter how much exposure,experiance,well read and articulate they are.

sb

Slowly i am beginning to get a hazy picture of people here,and sooner or later their persona gets created in a subtle form based on their writings.
Spot on... people here develop a comfort zone and any disturbances are viewed skeptically, but that is natural, isnt it?

Last edited:
SS
>>Spot on... people here develop a comfort zone and any disturbances are views skeptically, but that is natural, isnt it?<<

Whatever is happening is the good.

sb

ellarum mature aiyitta apparam - eppadi time pass pannarthu

From Garuda Purana :

1.4.37-8 perfect brahmacaris attain Brahmaloka, perfect grhasthas Prajapatiloka, perfect vanaprasthas Saptarsiloka, perfect sannyasis the imperishable region (Brahman).

From the above,we can infer,that our rishis did not have latitude or longitude in the galaxies that they visualised.But i am confident,there is a parallel universe.

sb

The Garuda Puranam view on brahmanyam or brahminhood (as those that attain brahmaloka) also seems to be shared by Brahma Sutra.

Its interesting to see the number of lokas:
a) Brahmaloka
b) Pitruloka
c) Prajapatiloka
d) Saptarsiloka
e) Indraloka
f) Pretaloka
g) Bhuloka
i) Martyaloka
j) Narakaloka
k) Bhuvarloka
l) Suvarloka
m) lokas of kinnaras, yakshas, vasus, gandharvas, etc..

Then there are yog traditions that beleive all the lokas are within us and by identifying them within us, they are 'attained'....

H H

>>Then there are yog traditions that beleive all the lokas are within us and by identifying them within us, they are 'attained'...<<

I like the yoga tradition,which seems more plausible and scientific.danks.

sb

re

H H

>>My post was about 'equality, ruling and power. But you are saying this is what Adi Shankara expressed...i am not able to understand the connotation or what you wish to convey clearly....but i want to clarify that Sri Shakara Bhagawatpada created the mutts to preserve hindusim, advaitam and the way to God. He was a monk. Shankaracharyas are monks, they are not into worldy pursuits such as ruling and power...their path is divinity, they are not into controlling anyone or anything...they are into preserving their own sampradayas...it seems to me that you are making statements of the disconnected kind...<<

Shri Shankara Bhagavath Pada drank molten lead and walked locked doors,becoz he attained non-duality or personification of advaitham.Shankara Bhagavath Pada was incarnation of Siva himself who could split himself by incarnating himself, as Maya too, the 'chandala' with four dogs one and at the same time.But gave appearance as 'monk' whose mother tongue was samskritam.Similiarly Guru Raghavendra is an incarnation of Lord Hanuman as Vayu Putra,and i believe when the Mughal King brought a plate of chopped mutton,Guru Raghavendra transmuted mutton into halwa to the astonishment of the Islamic Mughal King.Which is what Bhagavan Sathya Sai Baba does transmutes or tranforms things by his iccha shakthi.

sb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back