• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

17.5 crore bribe to rain ' God' !! KN govt pays tax to god!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

ShivKC

Karnataka government to perform pujas for rains at the cost of Rs 17.5 crore - The Times of India

In a self-proclaimed atheist chief minister Jagadish Shettar headed BJP government, a sum of Rs 17.5 crore is going to be spent to offer prayers in temples across the state to invoke Gods for rains to counter the worst drought and scarcity of drinking water seen in the last 42 years.

On Friday, muzarai (religious endowment) department issued a circular to all its 35,000 temples across the state to hold special pujas to propitiate rain gods. The pujas comprising Varuna Mantra, Jalabhisheka and Parjanya Japa will be held on July 27 and August 2.

Defending the government's stand in seeking divine intervention, Poojary said: "I strongly feel God can only help us from nature's fury. The pujas are being held not just for the welfare of people but also livestock, who are worse hit. I am confident that the special pujas will bring prosperity to the entire state in the coming days." Poojary said he will also appeal to churches and mosques in the state to conduct such special prayers for rains.

It is not just Poojary who is superstitious. He seems to be following the footsteps of his predecessors -- Es En Krissnaiah Setty and VS Acharya -- in the BJP government. The height of superstitions came to the fore when Setty as muzrai minister in 2008-09 ordered daily puja, distribution of Tirupati laddus and Ganga jal in all government temples for the welfare of BJP government and Yeddyurappa. An embarrassed Yeddyurappa had the order withdr

In the circumstances, it is time all TN leaders, including JJ, MK and others should do political yagna to receive water by Cauvery.

மத்தியில் காங்கிரஸ் அரசு விளையாட்டுத்துறையில் 40000 ஆயிரம் கோடிக்கும், 2ஜி அலைக்கற்றை ஊழலில் 1,80,000 கோடிக்கும், ஆதர்ஷ் அடுக்குமாடி குடியிருப்பில் பல்லாயிரம்கோடிக்கும், (இது இதுவரை தெரிந்தது...தெரியாதது எவ்வளவோ...) மேலும் கசாப் பாதுகாப்பிற்க்கு பல ஆயிரம் கோடி செலவு செய்து மக்கள் வரிப்பணத்தை வீண்டித்துக்கொண்டிருக்கிறது.

சேதுசமுத்திரம் திட்டம் மூலம் எத்தனை ஆயிரம் கோடி டி.ஆர்.பாலுவால் ஊதாரித்தனமாக செலவிடப்பட்டது.

அதை வைத்துப்பார்க்கும்போது இது ஒன்றும் பெரியது இல்லை.

கோவிலுக்கு செலவிடுவது பெரும்பான்மை மக்களின் நம்பிக்கைக்குறிய ஆலயங்களுக்குத்தான்.

அதில் தவறு இருப்பதாக தெரியவில்லை.

Should public money (tax money) be used for this kind of puja?

But then again it is probably a drop in the bucket of waste in public money.

மக்களின் வரிப்பணம் எங்கெல்லாம் ,எப்படியெல்லாம் வீணடிக்கப்படுகிறது சில உதாரணங்கள்...

அனைத்து அரசு அலுவலகங்களிலும் அரசு ஊழியர்கள் அவரவர் இஷ்டத்துக்கு வேலைக்கு வருகின்றன. சிலர் மாலை 4 மணிக்குக்கூட வந்து கையெழுத்து இட்டுச்செல்கின்றனர். இதுவெல்லாம் வரிப்பணத்தை வீணடிக்கும் செயல் இல்லயா?

ஒரு அமைச்சர் அவரது துறைசார்ந்த அரசு அலுவலகத்துக்கு வரும்போது ஊழியர்கள் காலைமுதலே அவரவர் வேலையை கிடப்பில்போட்டுவிட்டு அமைச்சரை வரவேற்பு நிகழ்ச்சியில் பங்குபெருவதில்லையா?

ஆலயங்கள் அனைத்தும் (ஒருசில சிரிய கோவில்கள் தவிர) தனது உண்டியல் பணத்தை அரசுக்குத்தான் கொடுக்கின்றன. திருத்திக்கொள்ளவேண்டும்...அரசு எடுத்துக்கொள்கின்றது.

அது மட்டும் வேண்டும் . வருணபூஜைக்கு அரசு கொடுப்பது மட்டும் எப்படி குற்றமாகும்.

இதுபோல் சர்சுகள், மசூதிகள் மூலம் அரசு தனது வருவாயை பெருக்கிக்கொள்ளாமுடியுமா?

கொள்ளு என்றால் மட்டும் வாயை திறப்பதும், கடிவாளாம் என்றால் வாயை மூடிக்கொள்வது மட்டும் எந்த வகயில் நியாயம்?

நியாயத்தைக் கேட்கும் பைத்தியக்காரன் ஹிந்து மட்டுமே....எதிலும் நியாயமாக இருக்கவேண்டும் என்று நினைக்கும் பைதியக்காரனும் ஹிந்து மட்டுமே....

Last edited:
Belief or no belief, the money was collected from the temples; only a tiny negligible portion is spent on a dharmic activity. Isn't it better than subsidy to haj pilgrims from government funds, not collected from mosques?

Karnataka government to perform pujas for rains at the cost of Rs 17.5 crore - The Times of India

In a self-proclaimed atheist chief minister Jagadish Shettar headed BJP government, a sum of Rs 17.5 crore is going to be spent to offer prayers in temples across the state to invoke Gods for rains to counter the worst drought and scarcity of drinking water seen in the last 42 years.

On Friday, muzarai (religious endowment) department issued a circular to all its 35,000 temples across the state to hold special pujas to propitiate rain gods. The pujas comprising Varuna Mantra, Jalabhisheka and Parjanya Japa will be held on July 27 and August 2.

Defending the government's stand in seeking divine intervention, Poojary said: "I strongly feel God can only help us from nature's fury. The pujas are being held not just for the welfare of people but also livestock, who are worse hit. I am confident that the special pujas will bring prosperity to the entire state in the coming days." Poojary said he will also appeal to churches and mosques in the state to conduct such special prayers for rains.

It is not just Poojary who is superstitious. He seems to be following the footsteps of his predecessors -- Es En Krissnaiah Setty and VS Acharya -- in the BJP government. The height of superstitions came to the fore when Setty as muzrai minister in 2008-09 ordered daily puja, distribution of Tirupati laddus and Ganga jal in all government temples for the welfare of BJP government and Yeddyurappa. An embarrassed Yeddyurappa had the order withdr

Dear Memebrs,

You may call it as supersition or something else. Still there are certain fundamental belief in these things. During my college days (1976 - 79) there was an "Upanyasam" by Shri Keeran (who was very famous) on Mahabaratham. ON the first day he mentioned that during the course of description of one particular chapter there will be rain on that day. He has also mentioned on the very first day that the specific chapter will come either on 7th or 8th day.

There were lot of college students (I studied at Annamalai University - Chidambaram) attending the Upanyasam. As such Tamil Nade was not famous for frequent rains. Exactly on that 8th day, there was rain during the Upanyasam which I have personally witnessed.

Hence, if the Government spents a little portion of the amount for Varuna Jabam and if it really benefits the society then nothing like that. Even if there are no rains subsequently, the money was spent (if at all they really spend the money religiously) only for temple which indirectly going to benefit the people. At least with these sort of Poojas, they may expect more number of people to visit the temple.

So let us welcome the step in this direction.

Venkat K

எம்மதமும் சம்மதம் என்று சந்தோஷமாக எல்லா ஹிந்துவும் அவனவன் வீட்டில்,அலுவகலத்தில்,வறவேற்ப்பறையில் என்று எங்குபார்த்தாலும் எழுதிவைப்பவன் ஹிந்து மட்டுமே...

ஏன் நிறைய ஹிந்து வீட்டில் ஏசுவின் படமும் , திருமறையின் (கொரானின்) எழுத்துக்களும் நான் பார்த்திருக்கிறேன்.

ஆனால் ஒரு கிறிஸ்தவர் வீட்டிலோ,முஸ்லிம் வீட்டிலோ நம் கடவுள் படங்களை நான் பார்த்தது இல்லை.

இந்துக்கோவில்களிலிருந்து வரும் வருமானத்தின் ஒரு சிறிய பகுதி வருண பூஜைக்காக செலவிடுவதில் தப்பில்லை மட்டுமின்றி யாரும் இதுபற்றி கேள்வி எழுப்ப உரிமையில்லை.

ஒட்டுமொத்த சமுதாயத்துக்கும் கவலைப்படுபவன் இந்து மட்டுமே...கர்நாடகத்தில் மழை பொழிந்தால் இங்கு காவிரிக்கு தண்ணீர் கிடைக்கும்.

அவர்களின் பூஜாபலன் நமக்கும் கிடைக்கும்...

Last edited:
This statistics is for the year in 2002. Today's revenue will be fifty times this:

"As per data received from the Revenue Section of Tourism and Temples, Government of Karnataka, and published by the Art of Living Foundation in Arsha Vidya Newsletter of Decemeber 2003, Hindu Temples received a total of 391.4 Crores Rupees during the five-year period 1997 to 2002, which was “spent” as follows:-

Temple Expenses - - - - 84.0 Crore (21.46%)
Madrassa Haj - - - - 180.4 Crore (46%)
Church - - - 44.0 Crore (11.24%)
OTHERS - - - - 83.0 Crore (21.2%)
TOTAL 391.4 Crore

As can be seen only a little over one fifth of the Temple revenues are being utilised for the Temples’ work.

I think one should not justify some wrong because somebody did some wrong elsewhere. Wrongs are always wrongs. The competition will accumulate wrongs of mountains. Wrongs should be eliminated one by one instantly and I am afraid it is ridiculous to go by seniority. To be successful the policy should be to deal with the latest first and no wrong doer need be given breathing time because this is democracy.

ஐயாருரான் சாருக்கு விசு ஸ்டைலில் ஒரு பதில் :

தப்பை தப்புன்னு நினைச்சாத்தான் தப்பே ஒழிய .... தப்பில்லைன்னு நினைச்சா தப்பே ஆனாலும் தப்பில்லை தான்...

கர்நாடக அரசு வருணபூஜைக்கு 1.75 கோடி ஒதுக்கியது தப்பே இல்லை.

ஐயாருரான் சாருக்கு விசு ஸ்டைலில் ஒரு பதில் :

தப்பை தப்புன்னு நினைச்சாத்தான் தப்பே ஒழிய .... தப்பில்லைன்னு நினைச்சா தப்பே ஆனாலும் தப்பில்லை தான்...

கர்நாடக அரசு வருணபூஜைக்கு 1.75 கோடி ஒதுக்கியது தப்பே இல்லை.

Nobody can guaranty for 'Return' in this investment...So we have to take this as public stunt...

TVK

1. The 'event' is executed with a tiny portion of money donated by the public to temples.
2. I think, even the AIDMK officials did a homam in trichy for water from mettur.
3. All government expenses is a waste because the return on investment, without exception, is negative. But everybody connected - politicians, contractors benefit a lot. In that sense, it does benefit some.
4. An event or programme like 'satyameva jayate' is worthy of consideration as far as roi is concerned. The producers have made about 15 crores, the ngos got about 4 crores (donations from watching public).
5. Calling the function a stunt is not in good taste.

Nobody can guaranty for 'Return' in this investment...So we have to take this as public stunt...

TVK

TVK
Mr. TVK,
You have knack, your humour antagonizes someone. What you say may be fact, and in this case is true, is going to win you wrath of the "anything in Hinduism" goes gang.
Sorry.

This statistics is for the year in 2002. Today's revenue will be fifty times this:

"As per data received from the Revenue Section of Tourism and Temples, Government of Karnataka, and published by the Art of Living Foundation in Arsha Vidya Newsletter of Decemeber 2003, Hindu Temples received a total of 391.4 Crores Rupees during the five-year period 1997 to 2002, which was “spent” as follows:-

Temple Expenses - - - - 84.0 Crore (21.46%)
Madrassa Haj - - - - 180.4 Crore (46%)
Church - - - 44.0 Crore (11.24%)
OTHERS - - - - 83.0 Crore (21.2%)
TOTAL 391.4 Crore

As can be seen only a little over one fifth of the Temple revenues are being utilised for the Temples’ work.

என்ன கொடுமை சார் இது....

There was a report that shettar took oath in the name of god - perhaps atheists have their own gods!

I am a bit amused by the expression - self-proclaimed atheist shettar, self proclaimed yogi ramdev, self proclaimed swamy nityananda; it sounds they give the titles themselves.

In an answer to a student under RTI, the PMO has said that there is no document or record of the title 'mahatma' given to gandhi, in government archives. So who gave the title? self-proclaimed?

self-proclaimed atheist chief minister Jagadish Shettar

In an answer to a student under RTI, the PMO has said that there is no document or record of the title 'mahatma' given to gandhi, in government archives. So who gave the title? self-proclaimed?

i admit... i opened a thread in the name of gandhi, referring a book, and subsequent url from newyork times. i was flooded with mails to my inbox asking me to refrain.

mahathma salutation!. even i dont know any thing about it, and all i know is, my fifth standard school text glorified him.

but then i dont want to talk about that old gujju bhai.. wanna keep myself safe from the ban button being pressed here!!

Is it a miracle? Heavy rains lash Karnataka after prayers

Proof of the pudding is in the eating! or just coincidence; take your pick

This incident may make the most hardened atheists think twice. On the very day 34,000 temples across Karnataka started conducting special prayers to seek rainfall in the parched state, heavy rains lashed coastal parts of the state and Bangalore.

The Karnataka government had announced that special prayers would be conducted at 34,000 temples in Kanataka in two phases. The first phase started today while the second will be held on August 2.The state government, facing the prospect of a severe drought this year, is spending a whopping Rs 17 crore on these prayers. Each temple has received an allocation of Rs 5,000.Meanwhile, heavy rains have hit the coastal belt of Karnataka and Malnad region. It has been raining heavily in Bangalore since Friday morning.However, key areas of North Karnataka, which are facing their worst drought in the last 42 years, are yet to receive adequate rainfall.

Incidentally, the government's initiative to conduct prayers had been criticised severely as many felt that the government was spending money unnecessarily.

Is it a miracle? Heavy rains lash Karnataka after prayers - Rediff.com India News

Proof of the pudding is in the eating! or just coincidence; take your pick

This incident may make the most hardened atheists think twice. On the very day 34,000 temples across Karnataka started conducting special prayers to seek rainfall in the parched state, heavy rains lashed coastal parts of the state and Bangalore.

The Karnataka government had announced that special prayers would be conducted at 34,000 temples in Kanataka in two phases. The first phase started today while the second will be held on August 2.The state government, facing the prospect of a severe drought this year, is spending a whopping Rs 17 crore on these prayers. Each temple has received an allocation of Rs 5,000.Meanwhile, heavy rains have hit the coastal belt of Karnataka and Malnad region. It has been raining heavily in Bangalore since Friday morning.However, key areas of North Karnataka, which are facing their worst drought in the last 42 years, are yet to receive adequate rainfall.

Incidentally, the government's initiative to conduct prayers had been criticised severely as many felt that the government was spending money unnecessarily.

Is it a miracle? Heavy rains lash Karnataka after prayers - Rediff.com India News

My apology Mr. Sarang LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back