• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

பிராமண பாஷை யில் "ஓய்"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brahmin wives guard their men from all evil elements.

First on the hit list are husbands friends of many years.
Generalization! Not true always. :nono:

Many of Ram's classmates and their families are good friends of mine! In fact, there is a Christian family which Ram knows

for five decades and they are very friendly with me. In fact, we stayed with them in Calcutta, for four days, last year. :cool:

From the various comments,views, suggestions made by most of the members of this forum,we have to sum up that we do not want to call ourselves as BRAHMINS as most of us prefer only IR/IC connections to bury deep our culture and everything that goes with brahmins in the cremation ground. Let us pray this tribe grow in multiple.

Most of the Brahmins are mute spectators...For them it is not an earth shattering event that Tamil Brahmins demise is going to be in a few years from now...We do not have much hope beyond this 21st Century in any case unless drastic action is taken by the Community to mitigate the alarming increase in IC & IR marriages, moving away from tradition & mixing with one and all in the name of modernism!

From the various comments,views, suggestions made by most of the members of this forum,we have to sum up that we do not want to call ourselves as BRAHMINS as most of us prefer only IR/IC connections to bury deep our culture and everything that goes with brahmins in the cremation ground. Let us pray this tribe grow in multiple.

stock-photo-gokarna-india-mar-brahmins-prepared-for-cremation-relative-unidentified-elderly-313112606.jpg
Narasimhan Sir,
I do not belong to the category of the "most" you refer to.. I adhere to our customs, to the best of my ability. I have been doing the Santhyaa vanthanams for the 53 years without break.My sons are also having the practice.I am a life member of the Tamilnadu Brahmins' Association and associating with them in all their good work.

I am very proud to to be a brahmin.

I do sincerely believe there are a lot of members like me in this forum but they may be silently watching everything.

Last edited:
Narasimhan Sir,
I do not belong to the category of the "most" you refer to.. I adhere to our customs, to the best of my ability. I have been doing the Santhyaa vanthanams for the 53 years without break.My sons are also having the practice.I am a life member of the Tamilnadu Brahmins' Association and associating with them in all their good work.

I do sincerely believe there are a lot of members like me in this forum but they may be silently watching everything.

Dear Sri yesmohan, That's good...However watching silently may not help us..We need to make youngsters aware of the threat to our community...Let us spread this message to every nook & corner..

Narasimhan Sir,

hi

i agreed....our tribe TB culture will not destroy so soon....may be some modifications....may be come back in some other form....

in the world many tried to destory jewish/judaism.....even millions of jewish died during WW2...still Isreal survived in hardship....

i think jewish and TBs are god's fav....still has to face many difficulties....i recollect bhafavad gita's promise words.....

YADA YADA HI DHARMASYA GLANIR BHAVATI BHARATA....ABHUTHAANAM ADHARMASYA THADATMANAM SRIJANYAHAM....

hi

i agreed....our tribe TB culture will not destroy so soon....may be some modifications....may be come back in some other form....

in the world many tried to destory jewish/judaism.....even millions of jewish died during WW2...still Isreal survived in hardship....

i think jewish and TBs are god's fav....still has to face many difficulties....i recollect bhafavad gita's promise words.....

YADA YADA HI DHARMASYA GLANIR BHAVATI BHARATA....ABHUTHAANAM ADHARMASYA THADATMANAM SRIJANYAHAM....

Yes. True.

A this juncture,it is enough if all play the role of an encouraging guiding force within the family circles;need not preach

with others in the community as it is not cherished and perhaps end in distaste and aversion.

Who wants guidance of seniors?

Youngsters want to be left alone to live life on their terms.

They will evolve their own religeous codes for living based on their past knowledge and new experiences.

These may turn out to be better than those we are trying to pass on to them and forcing them to conform to.

Let us avoid indoctrination of the new generation and not thrust our outmoded ideas and ,rituals and customs .

Let us avoid indoctrination of the new generation and not thrust our outmoded ideas and ,rituals and customs .

If what your fellowmen are practicing is outmoded what rituals and customs would you recommend for the younger generation...I guess it is not an easy task

I try to avoid most rituals and do not practise any by choice .

Nor I would I like to pass on or recommend any ritual to be practised to another generation.

I do not sport any caste signs. I do not find out the caste of anyone I transact with.

I do not have a poonool.

I wore a borrowed one for my wedding as it was an arranged one .

I used it couple of times when I am compelled to sport one for wedding of my children to advertise my brahmin identity

I am tamil to the extent I learned the language as my mother tongue and went to a tamil school where I live.

Talking brahmin tamil mixed partly with hindi I have passed on to my next generation.

I celebrate festivals like diwali both north indian and south indian way morning and evening.

Navrathri , I go for ravan dahan on dussehra.

These festivals I observe .

I prefer my next generation to decide for themselves how much of brahmin customs/rituals they should observe.

I try to avoid most rituals and do not practise any by choice .

Nor I would I like to pass on or recommend any ritual to be practised to another generation.

I do not sport any caste signs. I do not find out the caste of anyone I transact with.

I do not have a poonool.

I wore a borrowed one for my wedding as it was an arranged one .

I used it couple of times when I am compelled to sport one for wedding of my children to advertise my brahmin identity

I am tamil to the extent I learned the language as my mother tongue and went to a tamil school where I live.

Talking brahmin tamil mixed partly with hindi I have passed on to my next generation.

I celebrate festivals like diwali both north indian and south indian way morning and evening.

Navrathri , I go for ravan dahan on dussehra.

These festivals I observe .

I prefer my next generation to decide for themselves how much of brahmin customs/rituals they should observe.
We ourselves not knowing anything we could not guide / recommend anything whether it is ritual or any other subject for that matter.
The present generation people respect those who are exemplary in their Character and conduct and having friendly interaction with them.
They may not like mere advices / dos / don'ts.

We ourselves not knowing anything we could not guide / recommend anything whether it is ritual or any other subject for that matter.
The present generation people respect those who are exemplary in their Character and conduct and having friendly interaction with them.
They may not like mere advices / dos / don'ts.

Most of men follow mother's advice on rituals and tradition as she is associated with sacrifice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back