Tamil Brahmins
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

A thought on Respect and Civility

0 Not allowed!
    This post is the result of a few things on this forum and outside this forum.

The primary aim of this forum is to provide a platform wherein one can have a talk (debate) on various topics under the sun in a civil manner whereby one respects the views of others - however and whatever it might be.
    At the same time we are not here to talk bad about other communities, religions or individuals however one views them to be.
    This is not the place for that.

Having a vigorous debate does not mean you can start calling other members, individuals or communities by name.
    The primary requisite of any debate is that one shows respect towards the views of others and counters them in a decent way. And most def in a civil way.

There are three ways to maintain this decorum.
    1. Ensure that you always maintain a cool and show respect to others, however argumentative or heated the debate might be.
    2. Stay away from discussions where you cannot hold your emotions.
    3. Do not encourage such posts by posting your views or try to counter them. We all know very well when someone is playing the fool. Ignore them and they will keep quiet after a while. By actively countering such posts/members, you are only giving them fodder for more stupidity on their part.

If you think and if you believe you are here on a crusade to uphold some belief that you hold dear and in that crusade if you cannot show restraint in your views and show tolerance towards other members, communities and religions, please leave the site.

should you choose to leave, I am very grateful for your participation in the time you have been here, but a line has to be drawn where you start respecting the guidelines of this website and also start respecting other members of this forum.

For those who caste a doubt on this site, this site has always and will always be a Brahmin forum. However that does not mean topics not related to site will be removed or moderated. And most importantly there will not be any censor of topics that question a few fundamental things. Only when we understand our history and past, we can move forward.
    And that sums up another aim of this forum - A repository of information and a vast knowledgebase.
    Last edited by praveen; 11-01-2015 at 11:12 AM.
    Contact - Guidelines

Since i do not read all the posts, if you need to bring something to my attention report the post or send me a message with the link.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you for providing us this forum. I for one is very thankful, it has provided me with with valuable information.
    Last edited by prasad1; 12-01-2015 at 07:22 PM.
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Respected Sir,

Honestly differences between people will always exist. My policy is to note down offensive comments and tackle them on the open, just politely ask the members an explanation for what they said at the 'correct opportunity'. Recently I was asked to report on someone, to report against someone is my last choice, I would not do that unless I have lots of grievances and in this case, I didn't have any major grievance. Nevertheless to comply with the request, I had to report. I would urge members that reporting always enhances our differences, whereas we want to co-operate with each other more. So I request members to keep this as the last resort.

Thank you,

JR
    Last edited by JR; 12-01-2015 at 07:20 PM.
    Sarvam Sri Krishnarpanamastu!
    Jai Shri Ram!
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by JR View Post
    Recently I was asked to report on someone, to report against someone is my last choice, I would not do that unless I have lots of grievances and in this case, I didn't have any major grievance. Nevertheless to comply with the request, I had to report.
    Thank you for bringing this out in the open.

It seems that there is some sort of "grapevine gang" grouped based on the replies and patbacks mutually given and taken, and who take the pm option to weild some sort of "majoritarianism" attitude. There are more groups that I have noticed but not touching upon since it is not worthwhile. While, groups are but natural, and it is their prerogative, it seems childish and immature given that it is an open and anonymous forum. More so when the gang rile upon an individual for some perceived stand.

I would also urge members not to give in to such gang requests but to use rationale.

Thank you.

TCK
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Right. Brahmins are known for choice of words and they have a style of saying 'no' romantically. Yet words are not transparent or unchanging; they vary in colour and content according to times they are received or read. Yet the finesse should be discernible. One of the distinct qualities of a Brahmin is his language. Those who have problems in this should read and reread the story of Hanuman
    கற்றது கை மண் அளவு, கல்லாதது உலகளவு.
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    hi

we may not like many threads....just ignore them.....no need to give all comments for all threads....its my opinion....i read

all the threads....but i reply very limited....
    asato maa sadh gamayaa, tamaso maa jyotir
    gamayaa, mrityor maa amritham gamayaaa..
    om shanti, om shanti, om shanti...upanishad
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    The best is to have fun and not take anything too seriously.

After all how long do we live for?

Dont keep anything at heart and just learn to co -exists and start a new chapter daily.

Someone who does not think like me need not be my "enemy"..he/she can be my "opposite" friend.

In fact its nice to have a friend who is our polar opposite. Imagine if everyone in the world thought alike..it would be so boring.

So just have fun and be happy.

From time to time there is bound to be garam masala and action scenes..it is all part of the Movie called TB forum.
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by renuka View Post
    The best is to have fun and not take anything too seriously.
    It is easy to do this when one does not value anything.

People who cherish something can, will, and does take some things seriously.

Even this thread is a result of the owner taking the issue of civility seriously.
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb To develop the social status of Tamil Brahmins

0 Not allowed!
    Tamil Brahmins are treated very badly in TamilNadu in terms of Education,Job opportunities and also the social respect given. I think this is because we do not unite and help each other
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by கால பைரவன் View Post
    It is easy to do this when one does not value anything.

People who cherish something can, will, and does take some things seriously.
    What is the Value of Zero if there is no One?

What is the value of One if there is no Zero?

Even Hero today might be Zero tomorrow.

Value for today..de-valued for tomorrow.

What is there to cherish when there is no guarantee for even a tomorrow?

Just live for the day and be happy for we may never see tomorrow.
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast