• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Time For Brahmins To Change At Least in Marriages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ref. post #98 of XLR8R

Dear XLR8R ji

!. I am almost like you.I have spent nearly 60 years from birth in north alone. Since I was in a metro , I hardly felt any restriction on me . perhaps in smaller towns or

countryside it could be a lot worse.Of course right to education we took for granted And as brahmins ,we were expected to learn by going thru formal methods and it was

expected of us. But I do not think I relished school or the discipline it involved. I still think they were wasted years. Of course late in college days there was a measure

of freedom to study and do much else that youngsters desired to do_Of course I collected three decent degrees professional and upto post graduate. But whether I

learnt anything is doubtful.Most of what I learnt I did not use in my professional career. Also these degrees did get me a decent job though.

2. Your thinking of harmony in marriage is an idealistic concept. All would like harmonius relationship. In a marriage it requires two to tango.. What starts as a great

start to partnership slowly changes over a period at best to mutual tolerance and giving space to each other to do their own things.It is not an issue of preferring

anyone else to wife. One does not reject one half of mankind[the other sex] if one is married.One comes across many and sharing at work space or at intellectual or

friendship level with persons of other gender is hardly ruled out.

3.The pressure on parents after retirement due to children of late marriages can limit choices for children in education and finding the right matches. most like to get

the children fully educated and married before retirement if possible. The pressure on children is also more also on account of parents retirement.

4As for finding a match oneself, it is a challenging task . It calls for initiative , capacity to make oneself presentable,interesting and also bond with an unknown person

It requires proficiency in facebook,sms,whatsapp, besides having the self confidence and courage to approach and seek the company of a girl . most fail in this simple

thing.It is like swimming. One has to simply jump into water and learn to get by.lol

4. Once you are in a forum like this , you might understand the mindset of the conservative kind . It might be an experience by itself . But it will incerease your resolve

to keep your distance from the older generation perhaps.lol

5. It is wise to keep a distance from older generation and retain what is absolutely necessary of rituals they practise and thinking on religion and concentrate to meet the challenges

of work and day to day living largely as the majority do around you.

This forum should attract the youth in large numbers .
A large number of young boys and girls refer frequently visit other sections for getting useful and precious information on slokas, prayers and rituals. Only the arm chair atheists and self styled 'i believe in advaita' type have scant respect for our dharma. This is not new, and followed by dissenters all the time. No worry.

One must visit any temple in any part of india to see the devotion exhibited by the youth. Our dharma does not prohibit bhakti for self benefits of the right kind.

Some seniors have been doing this for ages, and have a huge archive of written and borrowed material, facilitating easy regurgitation.

I could not understand why some discussion on younger vs senior emanated.
Is it for the reason that some discussion by seniors are so elaborate and run to several 'paras' with a lot of references which all,otherwise could have been explained in crisp manner.

Mr. Krish 44, You have said about your personal career period-wise. Good I compare with mine I started my carrier at 19 in Nilgiris as an ordnance Factory Apprentice , much before the apprenticeship Act came in 1961
I served in Nilgris for 4 years , upto 1956 & moved to Poona Factory, served for 10 years & finally to Jabalpur , served for 25 years before Retirement in 1991
Living in Chennai ( I prefer to call as Madras only ) from 1995.
My marriage was , as in those days to the same level of Lower middle class &Completed Silver Jubilee (50 years )My children , 3 in number married in time & begot 2 each & started with middle level, grown steadily to a Rich level enjoying their life in other nations & we too enjoy touring to their places.They Fully, I repeat Fully spend for us & find fullest Joy
I am not deviating from the TOPIC.No doubt days have changed, you may call it NOT FOR GOOD. But I feel it is the attitude of elders / who must ensure the MOTTO of Give & Take in that You should be the Giver Move freely with young women & Men & capture their attention & help them in every possible way, I mean both physical/ mental They all could be expected to come round & all can ensure Happy life. Avoid Arguments & go with the Wind/ You Win .
A. Srinvasan

I am surprised by the above post - i don't know whether it is Renuka or Veteran. Whoever it is I wonder which part of India they are coming from ! Or from which century

Some of us belong to the last century.

By mistake we have stumbled into the next century.

Rajrajamani ji -find a time machine which can take us back to the old century.

we were better off then.

I too was born in the last century before indis's independsnce and brought up in traditinal environment. Having worked in India, USA,Singapore before settling in Australia I am aware of the happening among our community around the world. You do need a time machine - not to go backwards but forward without losing touch of our culture and value systems but not clinging to practices that have no relavance to Vedic culture.

When TBs become nomads going from country to country , they shed many traditional practices and give up on many rituals/ They try to retain what they consider

of value relating to their TB background.

But their next generation born and brought up in a foreign country will not relate much to what their parents still cling to from india and they get absorbed there.

All this vedic culture and practices will die with the parents.

Some seniors have been doing this for ages, and have a huge archive of written and borrowed material, facilitating easy regurgitation.

My comment referred to, is not to hurt the feeling of any body in the forum ; it is only my personal opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back