• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Songs..... Beautiful TAMIL songs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this song..it was one song with longest kissing scene ever.I remember rewinding this song so many times when I saw it.

Oh my Dear!!!

You know what Renu, just reading your prelude and even before seeing the youtube link, I thought loudly - it might be 'Om Namaha' song! Look, your link does not indicate the song, right?

When I saw the song - oh dear!! Renu, sorry to say or I happily say you will live for hundred years!! You know what Renu, do you believe in கருநாக்கு? Ok, I do have karunakku! Black spots on my tongue!!! Very rare to see!!

Love you dear
Valli

Oh my Dear!!!

You know what Renu, just reading your prelude and even before seeing the youtube link, I thought loudly - it might be 'Om Namaha' song! Look, your link does not indicate the song, right?

When I saw the song - oh dear!! Renu, sorry to say or I happily say you will live for hundred years!! You know what Renu, do you believe in கருநாக்கு? Ok, I do have karunakku! Black spots on my tongue!!! Very rare to see!!

Love you dear
Valli

Yes valli..dont know why my link didnt show the song title.
Hey if you are going to bless me that I will live for 100 years.. you better bless me that I can pull off a kiss like that till age 100!!! LOL

BTW Valli..this age 100 thing doesnt hold good all the while.
I once had a patient aged 97 and she was so scared of her gastritis condition that she thought she was going to die.
I normally tell my patients "dont worry you will live to 100 years "but in her case how was I to tell her you will live to hundred when she was 97(Imagine telling a person you have only 3 years to live!!!)

Dear Friends

I like this beautiful song பார்த்த முதல் நாளே உன்னைப்பார்த்த முதல் நாளே from the movie 'வேட்டையாடு விளையாடு'.

‪Paartha Mudhal song - Vettaiyaadu Vilaiyaadu‬‏ - YouTube

Cheers!

yes. i was amazed how they could run so far, and sing too, without being short of breath. great stamina, those kollywood actors have :)

yes. i was amazed how they could run so far, and sing too, without being short of breath. great stamina, those kollywood actors have :)[/QUOTe

Mr.Kunjuppu sir,

i always think that the way these people sing, dance, run and fight, they must
be very healthy and they will never get any disease like cardiac failure, asthma,
diabetes etc. But what we actually see is something different. See Banupriya,
a good dancer and Nalini and others, they have become very fat nowadays.
Many die of cardiac arrest. ( I may be wrong, but this perhaps is due to lot of
drinking, late nights etc etc .)

Yes they do drink very very heavily. That was apparently the cause of the late Ravichandran sir's death according to his relatives. Its just an occupational hazard of being in the film industry it seems.

amala, NRR,

while lifestyle has a lot to do with early death, many things are also due to fate or the decision of the man above.

most of the actors live well and to ripe long years. and many of these have a good drink and what not.

it is whaat one's body can handle and upto each one to realize their limits.

Last edited:
Ewww Nagarjun!! Yikes!! lol, so who is the heroine? Looks like Roja?

Dear Amala

The heroine is called Girija. She acted only in very few films.

Did you see that move Amala - Idhayathai Thirudathae? It was a super duper hit!!

Kind regards

dear valli,

dedicated to you and yours, for all the 'likes' :)

sometime 1950s, there was a short story in kumudam called 'kalir kalir'. i remember my mother reading it, and one of those rare occassions, recommending it to me.

even though i was an avid reader of kumudham, kalki and vikatan, i let this recommendation pass.

later this short story was made a movie with MR Radha & e.v.saroja. again mummy went to see the movie, leaving me at home, as i was starting the phase, of no indian movies, only english ones.

this song, sung by TR Mahalingam, the namesake to the flutist, but much more a sane guy, i think, is one of the classicest tamil songs of modern times. to me, it touches the heart, and speaks of forlorn love, which you dear lady, will not know, for having experienced it in real life.

best wishes and hope you enjoy....here is கோடி கோடி இன்பம் தரவே

Dailymotion - Kodi Kodi Inbam Tharave - Mahalingam - a Sports & Extreme video

ps.. never figured mummy's fascination with this story. never had a chance to quizz her in later years. one of the unexplained mysteries of our relationships to be taken to my grave .... :(

thanks to our sri lankan cousins, we have a healthy lively well supported light music scene. there are music groups dime a dozen, and on any particular weekend you would find a concert or a jam session somewhere in the vicinity of toronto.

we are extremely lucky that way, and yours truly finds himself very fortunate to be an appreciative audience in this crowd.

one of the noteworthy participants is a young man, whom we know as navalan.

a very bright young chap, with a regular job in IT (all these guys and gals have good daytime jobs), whose labour of love is tamil music, and who when i last saw was still single, late twenties, and very handsome (hint hint here :) )

navalan is a percussionist at large, but his real skill is mimickry.

he sang this song, which is a weird duet - one of the greatest tamil movie pop song. switching voices between csj and the drunkard sivaji so seemlessly that none of us would know the difference, had we not watched him do it. great stuff navalan!

from பாவை விளக்கு, another story, if i remember right, serialized in kalki of the early 60s.

வண்ண தமிழ் பெண்ணொருத்தி sung by c.s.jayaraman

i have a friend, who though hating MK, loves MK's bil CSJ and calls him the best மாயான பாகவதர் - for csj's voice does have such built in pathos that he is incapable of singing any happy songs.

csj, a great voice, developed through classical carnatic music, when carnatic music stuck to its roots ie tamil, before the elitist tambrams hijacked it with the thanjavur thirumurthis. my opinion.

here is வண்ண தமிழ் பெண்ணொருத்தி .. for your pleasure. please enjoy. thank you.

Vannathamizh Pennoruthi - Hits of C S Jayaraman - Lyrics, Paadal, Paattu Varigal, Movie, Padam, Youtube Video, Songs, Geetham - Guruvin Inbaminge

Dear Kunjuppu

Thank you for your lovely posts. I have Aadavantha Deivam now at the top of my list of movies to see :) When I see that movie I will remember you and your mother, definitely!

I am sorry for you regarding the last bit of your post (not able to ask your mother the reason).

Kind regards

Dear Friends

Here is a beautiful song from the movie களத்தூர் கண்ணம்மா - Ammavum Neeyae - Song - YouTube

This song is very special to me :)

I particularly love the first few lines -

அம்மாவும் நீயே அப்பாவும் நீயே
அன்புடனே ஆதரிக்கும் தெய்வமும் நீயே
முருகா முருகா முருகா முருகா

Kind regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back