• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Atrocities towards Women

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Sravna,

I have to agree with Krish ji...one can NOT separate sex from spirituality.

Sex is the union of the bodies..spirituality is the union of the mind.

The Atma is the witness in both these unions which go hand in hand.

For that matter spirituality can not be separated from anything.

Spirituality is Madhuram..its the essence of sweetness that pervades entire existence.

Sravna..have you realized you tend to divorce spirituality from everything mundane?

Why do you feel spirituality stands apart from the rest of the world?

It is not correct...hence even sex is liberating..suffused with spiritual notes that takes ones into the heights of ecstasy.

Sex is the only act in the world where Ahamkara does not increase..all other actions lead to increase of Ahamkara.
One is lost in the act..the mind ceases to exist finally...its divine..its bliss..its liberating... Its not Neti Neti!

Spirituality as I said is very much like Madhura Ashtakam .

Why should it only be Adharam Madhuram Vadanam Madhuram Nayanam Madhuram Hasitam Madhuram |
Hrdayam Madhuram Gamanam Madhuram...

Maithunam too should be Madhuram!

hi

really...wow...but i didn't see in the MADHURASTAKAM.....

hi

really...wow...but i didn't see in the MADHURASTAKAM.....

Aiyo TBS garu,

Its not there yaar in Madhurasthakam...I was just telling Sravna...just as in Madhurashtakam everything is Madhuram..therefore in Spirituality, Maithunam too should be Madhuram.

Dear Renuka, Shri Vaagmi,

My view is this:

Sex is an act of creation and for that reason it can be considered holy but the act itself is neither holy nor unholy. .

Something that is neither Holy nor Unholy is Spiritual.

Spirituality is that which goes beyond the polar of opposites.

Conclusion: SEX =SPIRITUALITY.

Something that is neither Holy nor Unholy is Spiritual.

Spirituality is that which goes beyond the polar of opposites.

Conclusion: SEX =SPIRITUALITY.

Nice interpretation..!!

For people who are looking at the world through the prism of........

Now is it spiritual sex...... or physical sex.........???

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice interpretation..!!

Now is it spiritual sex...... or physical sex.........???

Dear Sir,

Frankly speaking the greatest sex organ is the MIND.

It is the mind that translates any act in this world as pleasure or pain.

In Spirituality one needs to transcend this state of pleasure and pain.

In some forms of sex for example Sadomasochsim(S&M) one converts pain into pleasure.

If we dwell deeper in this we would realize that even Tapas is a form of Spiritual S&M..where one undertakes ugra tapasya that converts pain into spiritual pleasure.

The end product is both pathways release endorphins the feel good hormone for the mind.

So whether sex is physical or spiritual...the end result is the same.

Entire existence is nothing but a Cosmic Orgasm.

Dear Renuka,

Sex is the highest bliss that lack of self control can give. Since there is a purpose to sex the the lack of control is natural just like lack of control over emotions is natural and has a purpose. When you go beyond the emotions and the desire for sex, it is logical that you derive greater bliss.

So sex cannot be equated with spirituality just because the experience is blissful.

Dear Renuka,

Sex is the highest bliss that lack of self control can give. Since there is a purpose to sex the the lack of control is natural just like lack of control over emotions is natural and has a purpose. When you go beyond the emotions and the desire for sex, it is logical that you derive greater bliss.

So sex cannot be equated with spirituality just because the experience is blissful.

Dear Sravna,

Do you know almost every muscle in the body is exercised in the act of physical union?

Its not a lack of self control..in fact its a rhythmic display of perfect control.

So whether sex is physical or spiritual...the end result is the same.

Entire existence is nothing but a Cosmic Orgasm.

Doctor Mam,

Goal of physical sex is orgasm...

but the goal of spiritual sex is not orgasm I think.......

In that case, why restriction......??

Now is it restricted or unrestricted....?

Most members of the forum may be sex minded but not physically conditioned IMHO

Why should they think of restricted or unrestricted sex?

They can act their age and not worry about linkage between spiritualism and sex.

They can leave it to youngsters.

Youngsters should be bothered about such things.

But youngsters think of sex and not spiritualism.

So this discussion is not of much use to anyone.

Best this thread is closed.

This statement of "Most of the members of this Forum may be sex minded but not physically conditioned" from a member is highly ridiculous.

I strictly object to this.

How can a member judge others they are not physically conditioned.

Does he has knowledge about the physical condition of each and that way most.....?

We know each other only through our postings

Such statements does not make any sense IMHO

And what is wrong in discussing spirituality

It all lies in the eyes of the beholder

Those who are averse to spirituality and crime are free to skip the thread

If am the thread opener, I would like to continue the thread

I recommend the thread opener to continue to propel the thread, till the desired goal is reached, I mean a solution.

And there may be interruptions, interpretations, derailing, etc etc in between.

Most members of the forum may be sex minded but not physically conditioned IMHO

Why should they think of restricted or unrestricted sex?

They can act their age and not worry about linkage between spiritualism and sex.

They can leave it to youngsters.

Youngsters should be bothered about such things.

But youngsters think of sex and not spiritualism.

So this discussion is not of much use to anyone.

Best this thread is closed.

Dear Krish ji,

Why should this thread be closed?

In fact only now this thread is taking off.

As long as Sravna was talking about spirituality and only spirituality this thread was not all that active.

When sex and spirituality was brought in...its more active now.

Baser instincts like sex too are part and parcel of spirituality after all its Baby Ko BASE Pasand Hain!LOL

Last edited:
Doctor Mam,

Goal of physical sex is orgasm...

but the goal of spiritual sex is not orgasm I tihink.......

In that case, why restriction......??

Now is it restricted or unrestricted....?

Dear Sir,

The goal of sex is not orgasm..its for continuation of species..Orgasm is the reward for being in the cosmic play for God to continue His presence in the Universe.

And as we know the microcosm mimics the macrocosm..therefore for a simple act of sex a human is rewarded with an orgasm...so try to imagine if a person becomes liberated from this ocean of samsara..what reward would be waiting?

That is why I said entire existence is a Cosmic O!

What we know in simple physical relationships are just small doses...some want a Mega dose..so they choose to go all out to get liberated.

Coming to restriction..why should there be restriction as long as the physical body exists?

Body is the temple for spirituality...a temple should have fine arts too...so physical sex is a fine art..we are Temples of Fine Arts.

Dear Folks,

Let us see spirituality at work. All those who think that positive thoughts can be effective in bringing rape and other violence under control, focus your energy towards making that happen. Let us see the statistics after 2 months.

Dear Sravna,

Your previous attempts of climate control did not really produce results of any Kabali Box Office collections.

Also some previous letter to Modi post about using spiritual powers to bring down corruption did not really Swachh Bharat....dont you feel its time for you to face reality that nothing has worked?

I thought spirituality was in full bloom in this thread with talk of sex by senior citizens

Body practising sex are being called Temple of Fine Arts.

What next?

I thought spirituality was in full bloom in this thread with talk of sex by senior citizens

Body practising sex are being called Temple of Fine Arts.

What next?

Increase of sales for a Pfizer drug company product!

Dear Sravna,

Your previous attempts of climate control did not really produce results of any Kabali Box Office collections.

Also some previous letter to Modi post about using spiritual powers to bring down corruption did not really Swachh Bharat....dont you feel its time for you to face reality that nothing has worked?

Dear Renuka,

Temperature control was a success and temp was 1 c below historical averages in the past 3 months for chennai. I believe global warming can also be brought under control.

I plan to initiate efforts and put in more time on pressing problems and the present effort is such a one.

Dear Renuka,

Temperature control was a success and temp was 1 c below historical averages in the past 3 months for chennai. I believe global warming can also be brought under control.

I plan to initiate efforts and put in more time on pressing problems and the present effort is such a one.

Dear Sravna,

The 1 C below the average...how can you be so sure it was becos of you?

That can happen in nature too without any active intervention.

You need to provide evidence Sravna.

Dear Renuka,

Temperature coming under control is good and similarly crimes coming under control is also good. As as long as good keeps happening there is nothing more important that needs to be done. But still I do plan to corroborate my theory with evidence to give the needed credence.

Almost 100 rapes are reported to happen in India everyday. If it comes down to at least 50 in 2 months and then further and further down, that I think would be strong evidence.

Doctor Mam,

You are entitled to your opinion.

But here I would like to share Mr.Morgan's interview with Dalai Lama and his replies which are
more pertinent.

Excerpts:

MORGAN: Do you ever feel temptation when you see a woman?

DALAI LAMA: Oh, yes, sometimes see people. Oh, this is very nice. But then thinking—thinking it's a real job, then feel, too much problem—

(LAUGHTER)

DALAI LAMA: Too much dirty things like that.

This is why the Dalai Lama doesn't date. Does the 14th Dalai Lama really think sex is "dirty"? Well, as the saying goes, it is when it's done right. But I don't believe he meant "dirty" as much as messy. Not necessarily physically messy. Though surely he knows having sex can lead to contracting or transmitting diseases like chlamydia, gonorrhea, genital warts,syphilis, pelvic inflammatory disease, herpes or HIV. (Well, he may not be familiar with all STD's.) But he sees the bigger problem: Sex is psychologically messy. Emotionally messy. (See my prior posts.) Even dangerous. This is why there is really no such thing as the oxymoron "safe sex." Sex always entails some risk, either physically or emotionally. Sure, we can and do try to minimize the risks in various ways. But, as the Dalai Lama suggests, sex and romantic love is not particularly conducive to peace of mind. Sex complicates life. And can be the source of immense suffering. As well as pleasure. As we all know, sex and romantic love tend to wreak havoc with our emotions, not unlike a bipolar roller coaster ride, taking us to both the heights of ecstasy and depths of despair. Sexual love can feel like having been infected with some exotic virus or possessed by some erotic spirit or demon. Soon after meeting the beloved, the classic symptoms ensue: anxiety, sleeplessness,agitation, appetite disturbance, obsessive longing,compulsive calling, alternating elation and apprehension and countless other little signs lovers learn to live with. This potent state of intoxication is the polar opposite to psychological serenity. Daimonic passions like eros or lust tend to undermine one's peace of mind.

Courtesy:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...d-spirituality-why-the-dalai-lama-doesnt-date

Lekin Payasam Bhi Madhuram Hain Na?

pAyasam is just pAyasam. It is not madhuram. It just tastes madhuram.

Sex is not by itself the brahmanubhavam. But sex may lead to near brahmanubhavam by a"as near as possible while remaining within the bodies" or "almost there" sAyujyam (between two souls). This is what the learned people of that branch of faith claim. Only this much can be written in this forum lest it will become explicit material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back