• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Atrocities towards Women

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Renuka,

I agree that reforming someone is not easy but is possible when the person is shown a more fulfilling alternate way of life. Environment plays a major role in sustaining any changes in the person and that is the reason it is important that changes should happen at a societal level.

Doctor Mam,

I beg to disagree.

What do you mean by reformation...??

And if that is the case, the very purpose of managing prison by the Government spending lot of moeny is defeated.

There may be exceptions, but not mostly as reported.

Dear Sir,

Reformation very seldom takes place in the true sense.

The true test of reformation only starts when one is thrown back into his old lifestyle environment and habits.

Mostly after entering prisons come out super charged and their status in the crime world goes up and they became feared.

We do not have to even cite examples of crime...lets take forum for example...when I first joined forum I was very meek and well behaved....now I have my own squad and fire away bullets of words.

So its all environment influence.

In prisons that have meditation,yoga,satsang etc..temporarily Annachis in prison might turn pussy cat and meek..once out of prison back to old life environment...the fire of their past burns again.

May be out of 100 only one might reform.

After all even in Geeta, Lord Krishna says..that out of the thousands that strive to know Him..hardly even one succeeds!LOL

Last edited:
Dear Sravna,

Is Spirituality the underlying cause for Terrorism?

After all Jihadis and ISIS members are under the impression that they are upholding spirituality.

Therefore its just a matter of time where other forms of spirituality too turn violent.

Last edited:
We do not have to even cite examples of crime...lets take forum for example...when I first joined forum I was very meek and well behaved....now I have my own squad and fire away bullets of words.

You are really great to have established a meek squad and fire away bullets into the air and not on the targets...lol

But does it serves any purpose except earning more 'thumps on', just a thought. :)

And what is the very purpose of ones existence in this Forum?

For me it is thirst for knowledge......

Last edited by a moderator:

You are really great to have established a meek squad and fire away bullets into the air and not on the targets...lol

But does it serves any purpose except earning more 'thumps on', just a thought. :)

And what is the very purpose of ones existence in this Forum?

For me it is thirst for knowledge......

How can we shoot targets? We need the targets too. We can only shoot in the air so that the targets remains alive!LOL

Both the shooter and the target need each other to survive in Forum.

We have to admit that we all love some amount of conflict and opposing reaction.

I usually do not think of motive or purpose even in Forum for Geeta says...Karmanyevadhikaraste Ma Phaleshu Kadacana(You are only entitled to work but not the fruits of it).

So I have no desire or motive..its just my work/duty to lead the squad!LOL

How can we shoot targets? We need the targets too. We can only shoot in the air so that the targets remains alive!LOL

Both the shooter and the target need each other to survive in Forum.

We have to admit that we all love some amount of conflict and opposing reaction.

I usually do not think of motive or purpose even in Forum for Geeta says...Karmanyevadhikaraste Ma Phaleshu Kadacana(You are only entitled to work but not the fruits of it).

So I have no desire or motive..its just my work/duty to lead the squad!LOL

That is fine.

But you will have to agree that there are rebel members who were tamed into docile after joining the Forum

Dear Sravna,

Is Spirituality the underlying cause for Terrorism?

After all Jihadis and ISIS members are under the impression that they are upholding spirituality.

Therefore its just a matter of time where other forms of spirituality too turn violent.

Dear Renuka,

You can call spirituality as terrorism when you think that it can tame violence. In that sense spiritual energy is a super violent energy

Dear Sravna,

Are you really saying this?

This is how a Jihadist thinks!LOL

Dear Renuka,

The truth in simple terms is spiritual energy removes the force out of violence and violence which is employment of force cannot happen. because of this.I think spiritual energy is a neat solution to many problems plaguing the society. Our society is degrading because we no longer think we need to act in a fair way to others and worse still use underhand and forceful tactics to achieve our objectives. There is a dire need for a solution and this is what spirituality will provide.

To set the record straight, spirituality can never be the cause of terrorism. It is the provincial interests that lie at the roots of problems.

Last edited:
Some Godmen from india effectively combine spirituality with rape and sell it as a package to women devotees.

Lots of women get lured with sermons on spirituality given by these God men , get invited to the personal inner chambers of ashram to get raped.

Women enjoy spirituality followed by rape.

Some of them are facing court cases .

Spirituality has got a bad name.

Spirituality may not promote terrorism but definitely entice women.

Some Godmen from india effectively combine spirituality with rape and sell it as a package to women devotees.

Lots of women get lured with sermons on spirituality given by these God men , get invited to the personal inner chambers of ashram to get raped.

hi

sex and spirituality are both sides of same coin......even spirituality can attain through sex...

Dear Shri Krish,

The situation is similar to what science is in. Science can be put to good use or bad use by practitioners. That is the case with spirituality. Some godmen are blinded by fame and name and are tempted to misuse them. But spirituality itself is not to be blamed.

How do you separate and label some spiritualist as good and others as bad?Spirituality and sex are interlinked.

Women turn to spirituality to escape from real living and some even enjoy sex if it is offered by spiritualists as they find it holy also.

How do you separate and label some spiritualist as good and others as bad?Spirituality and sex are interlinked.

Women turn to spirituality to escape from real living and some even enjoy sex if it is offered by spiritualists as they find it holy also.

Dear Shri Krish,

The only link between sex and spirituality is that it is only when you rise above the desire for sex, real spirituality is attained.

Spirituality cannot be separated as real or unreal. Many can feel spiritual or even holy while having sex. Do you remember the tamil writer who got into mess by talking about some caste where there was the practice of women not begetting children getting into sex with strangers during a festival and men obliging them as a religeous [ Read spiritual?] duty.?

Spirituality cannot be separated as real or unreal.

Many can feel spiritual or even holy while having sex.

Do you remember the tamil writer who got into mess by talking about some caste where there was the practice of women not begetting children getting into sex with strangers during a festival and

men obliging them as a religeous [ Read spiritual?] duty.?

Dear Sravna,

I have to agree with Krish ji...one can NOT separate sex from spirituality.

Sex is the union of the bodies..spirituality is the union of the mind.

The Atma is the witness in both these unions which go hand in hand.

For that matter spirituality can not be separated from anything.

Spirituality is Madhuram..its the essence of sweetness that pervades entire existence.

Sravna..have you realized you tend to divorce spirituality from everything mundane?

Why do you feel spirituality stands apart from the rest of the world?

It is not correct...hence even sex is liberating..suffused with spiritual notes that takes ones into the heights of ecstasy.

Sex is the only act in the world where Ahamkara does not increase..all other actions lead to increase of Ahamkara.
One is lost in the act..the mind ceases to exist finally...its divine..its bliss..its liberating... Its not Neti Neti!

Spirituality as I said is very much like Madhura Ashtakam .

Why should it only be Adharam Madhuram Vadanam Madhuram Nayanam Madhuram Hasitam Madhuram |
Hrdayam Madhuram Gamanam Madhuram...

Maithunam too should be Madhuram!

Last edited:
Dear Shri Krish,

By real I meant one is able to practice spirituality which is its essence. Sometimes people think they are spiritual but are not able to maintain their self control often.

Something is felt as holy when the feelings are not for the physical aspects.

If someone's spirituality is consummate he does not have the desire for sex. A normal person cannot conquer the need for sex just like he has not conquered his emotions. Sex is a natural act. By itself, it is neither dirty nor holy

Dear Sravna,

I have to agree with Krish ji...one can NOT separate sex from spirituality.

Sex is the union of the bodies..spirituality is the union of the mind.

The Atma is the witness in both these unions which go hand in hand.

For that matter spirituality can not be separated from anything.

Spirituality is Madhuram..its the essence of sweetness that pervades entire existence.

Sravna..have you realized you tend to divorce spirituality from everything mundane?

Why do you feel spirituality stands apart from the rest of the world?

It is not correct...hence even sex is liberating..suffused with spiritual notes that takes ones into the heights of ecstasy.

Sex is the only act in the world where Ahamkara does not increase..all other actions lead to increase of Ahamkara.
One is lost in the act..the mind ceases to exist finally...its divine..its bliss..its liberating... Its not Neti Neti!

Spirituality as I said is very much like Madhura Ashtakam .

Why should it only be Adharam Madhuram Vadanam Madhuram Nayanam Madhuram Hasitam Madhuram |
Hrdayam Madhuram Gamanam Madhuram...

Maithunam too should be Madhuram!

Renukaji,

A good post. There is a school of thought in Hinduism which considers the sexual act as an essential part of worship.

Their belief is that the entire process of sexual union including the pre and post act indulgence is an effort to get as close as possible to sAyujyam state.

For them maithunam is just a pAyasam in which madhuram is the dissolved, all pervading, enjoyable brahmanubhava.

Dear Renuka, Shri Vaagmi,

My view is this:

Sex is an act of creation and for that reason it can be considered holy but the act itself is neither holy nor unholy. Many consider the act alone in isolation from other aspects that constitute the male female relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back