• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

wrongly quoting Bhagavad Geetha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sow.Happy Hindu said, that, part of your message were "perfect sentences from a right wing extremist". Technically she did not call you a 'right wing extremist'. Anyway, you got offended by Sow.Happy Hindu's comments. Fair enough. Honestly I don't see anything wrong with your getting offended. But 'right wing extremist' is not a personal comment. In return, you could have chosen some choicy phrases to address Sow.HH like 'brahmin basher'; Periarist; DK minion etc. But instead you chose to address Sow.Happy Hindu's caste of birth (what ever it may be) and her personal life. Sorry Sir, you did not maintain the decorum in that conversation. In my sincere opinion, you owe an apology to Sow.Happy Hindu. (You may wish to address her with some of the choicy general phrases as I mentioned before when you address her to apologise! I don't know about others, but that would seem perfectly alright in my opinion). Thanks.

Cheers!

First, am not sure why everyone is interested in asking someone like sbala to apologise to me (did i ask for it?).

Considering the violence endorsement, i pointed out the sentences with question marks to leave the possibility open abt whether or not it belongs to a right wing extremist.

Perfect sentence(s) from a right wing extremist (??)

Secondly, thanks Raghy for showing up what you really think or what you really are. So if someone mentions things abt

(a) inclusion of dalits to vedic schools, and
(b) doubts on the origin of the kanchi mutt and its endorsements for dharmashastras,

which ppl like you do not want to hear, they immediately get tagged with epithets like brahmin basher; Periarist; DK minion.

And yes, am grateful for the conversations on this forum so far - its been a good learning experience abt the Vox Pouli of the so-called brahmindom of Tamilnadu. So, the public sentiment of the masses in past was not misplaced afterall.

If there were cranks like EVR in the past, looks like such ppl got popular, not for what they themselves were, but for what they represented - something that was lapped up by the masses in the poverty rung. A point that is taken advantage of by politicians to this day.

Sow.Sri.Happy Hindu said:-

"Some town folk in kanchi talk abt how some certain particular relatives of a junior pontiff became rich suddenly. They can go to quite some length reg monetary issues. You might find their talk 'provocative' but you cannot stop them from saying what they observe.
Wrt the relatives of one junior pontiff, no matter how 'cultured' one is, perhaps some ppl cannot help converting that into capitalism as well (leading to the question - 'what really is culture then')."

Sow.Happy Hindu, I have a huge respect for your write ups mainly due to the research you carry out and the references you could provide to back up your claims. Sow.HH, are you planning to provide references for this? If you do not have references, I am sorry, I have to request you to consider kindly editing that part of the message, please. I am suggesting this to avoid upsetting many members who have a huge respect for the Kanchi mutt. I sincerely hope you would appreciate my concerns.Thank you.

Cheers!

Its not possible to record conversations and attach audio files as reference to the above. And sorry Raghy, am not editing the part out (as yet). But yes, you can find links on google abt the involvement of brothers in managing a rich institution..

Regards.

Last edited:
Ladies and Gentlemen of this Forum:
Ok, the time has come for all of us to do some introspection and stop this nonsense. Please, guys, let us get back to the original topic of this thread.
I have to agree with Nachi Naga. Nobody knows if he is really sbala700; therefore, let us refrain from calling him as such.
Nachi Naga: Just because people don't drag Iyengar Acharyas that does mean that there is a conspiracy going on against Smartha Acharyas!!
In any case, let us not drag the Acharyas into this; we will be hurting the sentiments of many of our members. Why don't we all stick to the issues and debate on it? If you care to look at the name of this thread, it is "wrongly quoting the Bhagavad Geetha". Let us get back on track.
Thank you very much all for your understanding.

[quote: Nachi Naga:
Are the Iyengar Acharyas any different from Smartha Acharyas? in upholding vedic sampradayam?Are the Iyengar Acharyas being dragged and ridiculed?Don't Iyengar Acharyas continue the very same practices of yore?Why simply target Kanchi Acharyas?Just because they are soft targets or what????It's really galling and when i hit a raw nerve,all hell has broken loose.Every tom dick and hari,is asking me to apologise!!!There are millions of clones like bala,but that does not mean,each and everyone is bala himself.For all you know,nacchinarkiniyan,himself using another handle,to post,as i see from my perspective,because,i am beginning to see the connection or lack of it,from erstwhile members here.I certainly am not accusing anybody here,but the alleged accusation is ' i am bala' posting under nachi naga.How ridiculous can anyone get. >>>end-quote]

Thanks Silverfox ji for your intervention.

Let us respect the sentiments of Vaishanavites, Smarthas, Madhvas, Saivatites and others.

We are here for unity of our community and not divide.

All the best

re

Dear all,

Just Forgive and Forget.The Human mind is very much prone to ups and downs and sometimes we may say things which we dont ever mean and regret it later.
How many of us have not fought with loved ones and said hurtful things whether directly or indirectly only to regret or forgive later?

Just try to think that all of us are Good but with little Bad in us...Lets not the little bad ruin the Good in all of us.

Lets move on and let bygones be bygones.

lots of love to everyone
renu

RK,

One of the greatest saints alive amongst us,has given a beautiful & wonderful explanation for this verse from Bhagavath Gita,

Ananyaaschinthayantho maamYe janaah paryupaasatheTheshaam nithyaabhiyukthaanaamYogakshemam vahaamyaham

I hope a saathvikam atma like you will enjoy it.

The Gita: "Hinduism as I know it entirely satisfies my soul, fills my whole being … When doubts haunt me, when disappointments stare me in the face, and when I see not one ray of light on the horizon, I turn to the Bhagavad Gita, and find a verse to comfort me; and I immediately begin to smile in the midst of overwhelming sorrow.
My life has been full of tragedies and if they have not left any visible and indelible effect on me, I owe it to the teachings of the Bhagavad Gita." (Young India: June 8, 1925)---->Father Of The Nation,Mahatma Gandhi.

nachi naga.

.... As regards caste,look at the hypocrisy of the members- the chennai swayamvaram as well bangalore swayamvaram,are ONLY for caste 'brahmin' hindus.In real life people indulge in jathi dharma only,but write utter utopian values,which has no relevance in absolute terms of living.I cannot but chuckle at the double standards being adopted here.

Hello Nachi, I wholeheartedly agree with the above sentiment. Hypocrisy is very ugly. Does not do any good to anyone. All our traditions value consistency among mano-vaakku-kaayam.

Now, do you want people to shed their hypocrisy by opening up to other castes also, or openly become castiest? I hope it is the former.

Thank you ...

re

Hello Nachi, I wholeheartedly agree with the above sentiment. Hypocrisy is very ugly. Does not do any good to anyone. All our traditions value consistency among mano-vaakku-kaayam.

Now, do you want people to shed their hypocrisy by opening up to other castes also, or openly become castiest? I hope it is the former.

Thank you ...

Nara,

Brahmin's are the most open hearted people who embrace change and are always forward looking.Regarding 'jathi' in our brahmin community,it's deeply embedded because of our mental conditioning as from which 'gothram' each one of us represent with their sub-sect 'shakas'.This is one of the most advanced scientific breeding techniques given by our fore parents,imo.Science today,argues that,genes and hereditary patterns of DNA,constitute a major part of an human'psyche'.When science and religious teachings co-mingle in this idea,it will be certainly a tall order,to shed genes aka caste in modern terminolgy to go away from our community.Assuming we do,the other caste members are NOT willing to bust caste,as it is in favor of them monetarily,politically,status wise..etc.

Again,i reiterate,that caste is only two,if one wants to differentiate amongst genders.Union or marriage takes place between these two species amongst normal human beings as natural order.Societies give color,caste,status,wealth and other such mundane tags to differentiate amongst ourselves,in my considered opinion and i am not in any hurry to shake the foundation or rock the boat .Who knows what's in future,maybe since world population is bursting,things will be homo-s only for a while(plz treat this line as joke).

nachi naga.

re

Ss,

nachi...

காலத்தி னால் செய்த உதவி நன்றி சிறுதுஎனினும்
ஞாலத்தின் மாணப் பெரிது...

தினைத்துணை நன்றி செயினும் பனைத்துணையாக்
கொள்வார் பயன்தெரி வார்

சிறுமையுள் நீங்கிய இன்சொல் மறுமையு்ம
இம்மையும் இன்பம் ஆகும்

அய்யா நான் கற்றாது கை மண் அளவு .

யாதும் ஊரே ; யாவரும் கேளிர் ;

தீதும் நன்றும் பிறர்தர வாரா ;

நோதலும் தணிதலும் அவற்றோ ரன்ன ;

சாதலும் புதுவது அன்றே ; வாழ்தல்

இனிதுஎன மகிழ்ந்தன்றும் இலமே; முனிவின்,

இன்னா தென்றலும் இலமே; ‘மின்னொடு

வானம் தண்துளி தலைஇ, ஆனாது

கல்பொருது இரங்கும் மல்லற் பேர்யாற்று

நீர்வழிப் படூஉம் புணைபோல, ஆருயிர்

முறைவழிப் படூஉம்’ என்பது திறவோர்

காட்சியின் தெளிந்தனம் ஆகலின், மாட்சியின்

பெரியோரை வியத்தலும் இலமே;

சிறியோரை இகழ்தல் அதனினும் இலமே.----

எட்டுத்தொகை நூல்களில் ஒன்றாகிய ..புறநானூறு. 192 -

நாச்சி நாக

....Who knows what's in future,maybe since world population is bursting,things will be homo-s only for a while(plz treat this line as joke).

Come on Nachi, I am trying to engage you in an honest discussion and you are being evasive. You are clearly unhappy with what you see as hypocrisy of some of the members here. What exactly is your position? Are you in favor people by abandoning caste or openly declaring their castiest feelings so that they are not hypocrites any more? Which is it? Hope you will favor me with a plain answer.

Cheers!

.... மாட்சியின்
பெரியோரை வியத்தலும் இலமே;
சிறியோரை இகழ்தல் அதனினும் இலமே.----

Hi Nachi, what பூங்குன்றனார் says would mean we should not be over awed by great acharyas, like say Bhagavat Ramanuja, or look down upon people who seem totally unlettered, may be like me, is it not? In fact it is more important (அதனினும் இலமே) not to put down the common folks.

Cheers!

re

Come on Nachi, I am trying to engage you in an honest discussion and you are being evasive. You are clearly unhappy with what you see as hypocrisy of some of the members here. What exactly is your position? Are you in favor people by abandoning caste or openly declaring their castiest feelings so that they are not hypocrites any more? Which is it? Hope you will favor me with a plain answer.

Cheers!

Nara,

I personally in my opinion do NOT believe in castes.In my personal life,i chose my life partner based on my engineering background.Incidentally she also happened to be a smartha brahmin like me,which is purely guru anugraham.

nachi naga.

re

Hi Nachi, what பூங்குன்றனார் says would mean we should not be over awed by great acharyas, like say Bhagavat Ramanuja, or look down upon people who seem totally unlettered, may be like me, is it not? In fact it is more important (அதனினும் இலமே) not to put down the common folks.

Cheers!

Nara,

கற்றதனால் ஆய பயனென்கொல் வாலறிவன்
நற்றாள் தொழாஅர் எனின்.

No fruit have men of all their studied lore,
Save they the 'Purely Wise One's' feet adore.

Explanation:

தன்னைவிட அறிவில் மூத்த பெருந்தகையாளரின் முன்னே வணங்கி நிற்கும் பண்பு இல்லாவிடில் என்னதான் ஒருவர் கற்றிருந்தாலும் அதனால் என்ன பயன்? ஒன்றுமில்லை.

What Profit have those derived from learning, who worship not the good feet of Him who is possessed of pure knowledge ?

nachi naga.

....I personally in my opinion do NOT believe in castes.

Thanks Nachi, we are making progress. You have no problem with mixing castes, am I right? So, would you join me in requesting that veg. NB's be included in CBE svyamvaram, only for those who don't mind, no compulsion.

Cheers!

தன்னைவிட அறிவில் மூத்த பெருந்தகையாளரின் முன்னே வணங்கி நிற்கும் பண்பு இல்லாவிடில் என்னதான் ஒருவர் கற்றிருந்தாலும் அதனால் என்ன பயன்? ஒன்றுமில்லை.

No Nachi, that is not what I said, only that the verse of பூங்குன்றனார் you quoted says we must treat both the exalted and the common equally.

மாட்சியின் பெரியோரை வியத்தலும் இலமே;
சிறியோரை இகழ்தல் அதனினும் இலமே.-

No need to get over awed by மாட்சியின் பெரியோர்.

Perhaps you have a different interpretation of this particular phrase, "மாட்சியின் பெரியோரை வியத்தலும் இலமே". If so, what would it be?

Cheers!

re

Thanks Nachi, we are making progress. You have no problem with mixing castes, am I right? So, would you join me in requesting that veg. NB's be included in CBE svyamvaram, only for those who don't mind, no compulsion.

Cheers!

Nara Ayya,

Vegetarian non-brahmins are far more rigid in achaarams,than Tamizh Brahmins in Tamizh Nadu,in my opinion.Some of the Chettiars,Pillaymars,..etc will put us to shame,sir.I have absolutely no problems in non-brahmins of the jathi variety to mingle,rate date mate.Brahmanan is one who knows Brahman especially the Nirgunam ulla Brahman,sir is my definition of Brahmin.So,there is no jathi involved in my definition,but practically,jathi exists.It's a long drawn process to inculcate this thought.It's definitely easier for jathi brahmin to grasp the nuances of our ancient religion and practices.This is a fact.A catch 22 situation,really.

nachi naga.

....I have absolutely no problems in non-brahmins of the jathi variety to mingle,rate date mate.

Alright Nachi, we are almost there, will you join me and request the organizers to include them in CBE swayamvaram?

Cheers!

re

No Nachi, that is not what I said, only that the verse of பூங்குன்றனார் you quoted says we must treat both the exalted and the common equally.

மாட்சியின் பெரியோரை வியத்தலும் இலமே;
சிறியோரை இகழ்தல் அதனினும் இலமே.-

No need to get over awed by மாட்சியின் பெரியோர்.

Perhaps you have a different interpretation of this particular phrase, "மாட்சியின் பெரியோரை வியத்தலும் இலமே". If so, what would it be?

Cheers!

Nara,

Back to topic of the thread,lest we get chided.

For Sanga Tamizh Illakiyam a ready reckoner maybe this link ???? ????????? - ????? ???????????? (Tamil Wikipedia)

ekam sastram devaki-putra-gitam
eko devo devaki-putra eva
eko mantras tasya namani yani
karmapy ekam tasya devasya seva (Gita-mahatmya 7)

In this present day,people are very eager to have one scripture, one God, one religion, and one occupation. So therefore, ekam sastram devaki-putra-gitam: let there be one scripture only,one common scripture, for the whole world—Bhagavad-gita. And Eko devo devaki-putra eva: let there be one God only for the whole world—Sri Krishna. Eko mantras tasya namani: And one hymn, one mantra, one prayer only—the chanting of His name: Hare Rama Krishna. Karmapy ekam tasya devasya seva: And let there be one work only—the service of the Supreme Fountainhead of God.

nachi naga.

Back to topic of the thread,lest we get chided.

Oh, we have come a long way to worry about this. Do you agree with பூங்குன்றனார் you quoted, or was it just for fun and you did not really mean it?

Cheers!

re

Alright Nachi, we are almost there, will you join me and request the organizers to include them in CBE swayamvaram?

Cheers!

Nara,

Here you go,I second your opinion.Let our organiser's decide accordingly as per majority wishes of our members.

sarva-dharman parityajya
mam ekam saranam vraja
aham tvam sarva-papebhyo
moksayisyami ma sucah

Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reaction. Do not fear.

That surrender will save him from all kinds of sinful reactions, for the Lord personally promises to protect him.

The above verse is all about sama-darshinam or sama-drishti.NO one is excluded,as it's for lokak-kshemam.

nachi naga.

Oh, we have come a long way to worry about this. Do you agree with பூங்குன்றனார் you quoted, or was it just for fun and you did not really mean it?

Cheers!

It's my life that i quoted dear Nara.Sages like பூங்குன்றனார்,are hallmarks of our Tamizh society.

nachi naga.

Here you go,I second your opinion.Let our organiser's decide accordingly as per majority wishes of our members.

Majority is made of one member at a time. If you are ready to join me, then say so without any equivocation. Just say it, that you would like NBs to be included. You were quite hard on the hypocrites, don't be one now.

Cheers!

It's my life that i quoted dear Nara.Sages like பூங்குன்றனார்,are hallmarks of our Tamizh society.

Agree with him or not dear Nachi, if you meant what you quted, then you must have sama dharshanam between great acharays and common people. Did you mean what you quoted or was it just for fun?

re

Majority is made of one member at a time. If you are ready to join me, then say so without any equivocation. Just say it, that you would like NBs to be included. You were quite hard on the hypocrites, don't be one now.

Agree with him or not dear Nachi, if you meant what you quted, then you must have sama dharshanam between great acharays and common people. Did you mean what you quoted or was it just for fun?

Nara,

I am with you Nara and join you.

Of course i have the same respect for all.Love All Serve All,is the Lord Shiva Sutra,a panacea for all evils in society.

nachi naga.

I am with you Nara and join you.

Thanks Nachi, thanks for putting up with my questions. I am glad you reject the caste system and would like the organizers to include others as well. Now I call upon others also join in with this request.

Cheers!

Sow.Sri.Happy Hindu said :-

"thanks Raghy for showing up what you really think or what you really are. So if someone mentions things abt

(a) inclusion of dalits to vedic schools, and
(b) doubts on the origin of the kanchi mutt and its endorsements for dharmashastras,

which ppl like you do not want to hear, they immediately get tagged with epithets like brahmin basher; Periarist; DK minion."

I condemned Sri.Nachi Naga for taking up the debate to the personal level; in that respect, I said, if he made some general comments and general name calling, it would have been okay (okay to debate upon).

Anybody who reads just about half a dozen messages from me would know who I am; what my principles are; it does not have to take 400 plus mesages from me. Honestly, I did not want to debate in this forum. If I really wish to debate, I can take both points 'a' and 'b' apart in the above quotation. But, I just don't care. I accept your judgement about me. Thank you.

"....something that was lapped up by the masses in the poverty rung."

I know what poverty was; that too poverty in youth (இளமையில் வறுமை). I know of the days when my total 'ஸ்தாவர ஜங்கம சொத்து மதிப்பு' (value of all properties) was less than Rs.5 (indian Rupees five only). I did not accept any nonsense even at that situations.

To cause a social reform, the reformist should get the people to think. Sri.Kannadasan did that; Sri. Subramaniya Bharathi did that. I can only think of very few persons who could do that. In my personal level, I have done such reforms. Sure, I have been called names; I have been judged by others. I will be judged in the future too.

Sow.Sri.Happy Hindu, in a different thread, you have mentioned that you may not be replying to my posts if directed to you. Kindly feel free not to reply to this post. In fact, I am not posting any questions at all. Wish you all the very best.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back