• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

wrongly quoting Bhagavad Geetha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nara

....I have absolutely no problems in non-brahmins of the jathi variety to mingle,rate date mate.

Alright Nachi, we are almost there, will you join me and request the organizers to include them in CBE swayamvaram?

Cheers!

nachi naga

re

No Nachi, that is not what I said, only that the verse of பூங்குன்றனார் you quoted says we must treat both the exalted and the common equally.

மாட்சியின் பெரியோரை வியத்தலும் இலமே;
சிறியோரை இகழ்தல் அதனினும் இலமே.-

No need to get over awed by மாட்சியின் பெரியோர்.

Perhaps you have a different interpretation of this particular phrase, "மாட்சியின் பெரியோரை வியத்தலும் இலமே". If so, what would it be?

Cheers!
Nara,

Back to topic of the thread,lest we get chided.

For Sanga Tamizh Illakiyam a ready reckoner maybe this link ???? ????????? - ????? ???????????? (Tamil Wikipedia)

ekam sastram devaki-putra-gitam
eko devo devaki-putra eva
eko mantras tasya namani yani
karmapy ekam tasya devasya seva (Gita-mahatmya 7)

In this present day,people are very eager to have one scripture, one God, one religion, and one occupation. So therefore, ekam sastram devaki-putra-gitam: let there be one scripture only,one common scripture, for the whole world—Bhagavad-gita. And Eko devo devaki-putra eva: let there be one God only for the whole world—Sri Krishna. Eko mantras tasya namani: And one hymn, one mantra, one prayer only—the chanting of His name: Hare Rama Krishna. Karmapy ekam tasya devasya seva: And let there be one work only—the service of the Supreme Fountainhead of God.

nachi naga.

Nara

Back to topic of the thread,lest we get chided.

Oh, we have come a long way to worry about this. Do you agree with பூங்குன்றனார் you quoted, or was it just for fun and you did not really mean it?

Cheers!

nachi naga

re

Alright Nachi, we are almost there, will you join me and request the organizers to include them in CBE swayamvaram?

Cheers!
Nara,

Here you go,I second your opinion.Let our organiser's decide accordingly as per majority wishes of our members.

sarva-dharman parityajya
mam ekam saranam vraja
aham tvam sarva-papebhyo
moksayisyami ma sucah

Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reaction. Do not fear.

That surrender will save him from all kinds of sinful reactions, for the Lord personally promises to protect him.

The above verse is all about sama-darshinam or sama-drishti.NO one is excluded,as it's for lokak-kshemam.

nachi naga.

nachi naga

Oh, we have come a long way to worry about this. Do you agree with பூங்குன்றனார் you quoted, or was it just for fun and you did not really mean it?

Cheers!
It's my life that i quoted dear Nara.Sages like பூங்குன்றனார்,are hallmarks of our Tamizh society.

nachi naga.

Nara

Here you go,I second your opinion.Let our organiser's decide accordingly as per majority wishes of our members.
Majority is made of one member at a time. If you are ready to join me, then say so without any equivocation. Just say it, that you would like NBs to be included. You were quite hard on the hypocrites, don't be one now.

Cheers!

Nara

It's my life that i quoted dear Nara.Sages like பூங்குன்றனார்,are hallmarks of our Tamizh society.

Agree with him or not dear Nachi, if you meant what you quted, then you must have sama dharshanam between great acharays and common people. Did you mean what you quoted or was it just for fun?

nachi naga

re

Majority is made of one member at a time. If you are ready to join me, then say so without any equivocation. Just say it, that you would like NBs to be included. You were quite hard on the hypocrites, don't be one now.

Agree with him or not dear Nachi, if you meant what you quted, then you must have sama dharshanam between great acharays and common people. Did you mean what you quoted or was it just for fun?
Nara,

I am with you Nara and join you.

Of course i have the same respect for all.Love All Serve All,is the Lord Shiva Sutra,a panacea for all evils in society.

nachi naga.

Nara

I am with you Nara and join you.
Thanks Nachi, thanks for putting up with my questions. I am glad you reject the caste system and would like the organizers to include others as well. Now I call upon others also join in with this request.

Cheers!

Raghy

Sow.Sri.Happy Hindu said :-

"thanks Raghy for showing up what you really think or what you really are. So if someone mentions things abt

(a) inclusion of dalits to vedic schools, and
(b) doubts on the origin of the kanchi mutt and its endorsements for dharmashastras,

which ppl like you do not want to hear, they immediately get tagged with epithets like brahmin basher; Periarist; DK minion."

I condemned Sri.Nachi Naga for taking up the debate to the personal level; in that respect, I said, if he made some general comments and general name calling, it would have been okay (okay to debate upon).

Anybody who reads just about half a dozen messages from me would know who I am; what my principles are; it does not have to take 400 plus mesages from me. Honestly, I did not want to debate in this forum. If I really wish to debate, I can take both points 'a' and 'b' apart in the above quotation. But, I just don't care. I accept your judgement about me. Thank you.

"....something that was lapped up by the masses in the poverty rung."

I know what poverty was; that too poverty in youth (இளமையில் வறுமை). I know of the days when my total 'ஸ்தாவர ஜங்கம சொத்து மதிப்பு' (value of all properties) was less than Rs.5 (indian Rupees five only). I did not accept any nonsense even at that situations.

To cause a social reform, the reformist should get the people to think. Sri.Kannadasan did that; Sri. Subramaniya Bharathi did that. I can only think of very few persons who could do that. In my personal level, I have done such reforms. Sure, I have been called names; I have been judged by others. I will be judged in the future too.

Sow.Sri.Happy Hindu, in a different thread, you have mentioned that you may not be replying to my posts if directed to you. Kindly feel free not to reply to this post. In fact, I am not posting any questions at all. Wish you all the very best.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Follow Tamil Brahmins on Social Media