• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

World's biggest election on; Are you ready to cast your vote?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why has Rahul made the blunder of declaring Amethi as his place of residence when he stays at Delhi?

CNN-IBN reports: In a major embarrassment for Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, his application for proof of residence in Amethi has been turned down by the sub-divisional magistrate.

The SDM has said that there is no proof that Rahul resides in Amethi or even occasionally stays there.

Rahul has been the incumbent Amethi MP for the past 10 years and is contesting this year again from the constituency. He needs a proof of residence to apply for a bank account, CNN-IBN reports.

Sharad Pawar looks to be ready to abandon the UPA sinking ship?

BkQza-lCAAAMCGL.jpg

National Voters survey! What do they want!All India, it is better job, drinking water, roads in that order...Delhi seems to want better water, hospitals, electric supply in that order! Understandable!

BkRV8VECAAA2ZDJ.jpg

I feel that there should be drastic Poll Reforms. Every Party has to contest the Elections without allying with other Parties.This will reflect the correct position of People's preference for each Party.
Based on the vote percentage obtained,Every Party should be allowed to send their 'Best Talents' to the Parliament .This system is in practice in Germany.This will enable best talents entering the Parliament.
There should be no 'Bye Election' when vacancy occur.The party which won the Election should select another candidate and send him to Parliament for the remaining term of the Parliament.
If a single party gets absolute majority ,they will form the Government.If no party gets a simple majority,there should be coalition of parties on the basis of agreed Program.Under no circumstances,
there should be reelection.The elected members should be forced to get into coalition on agreed program. Parties not willing to join coalition should be penalized monetarily.
Regional parties should be forced to align with a National Party for participating in Parliament Elections.
There should be only 'Human Rights Commission" for all Citizens. The concept of 'Minority' should be abolished and there should be no 'Minority Commission'
No religious organization should be allowed to influence the voting pattern based on 'Religion'

our electoral system has been made after looking t all options. minor changes such as alternate candidates to avoid bye elections,,transparent funding of political parties,anti defection laws are good. coalitions based on common agreed programs are reality. only a good third alternative such as liberals in UK will be good.regional parties joining coalition is leading to catering to regional interests. minorities ,are also people and they should also get the fruits of freedom. human rights for all is desirable . in our large country ,they are often trampled upon . poor have hardly any rights . they are slaves of the majority.police are invasive and poor need protection from the local policeman and station house officer.In fact only the poor need election and others are irrelevant in electoral process as they are in huge majority and they require the state for meeting their daily needs.

Control of money power in elections have to be curtailed...There was a ship with lots of currency notes and gold smuggled into Tuticorin..This may be linked to elections...Till date they have not been able to catch the culprits..Distribution of money to win allegiance in our country where the poor are in big numbers is a big dampener

Control of money power in elections have to be curtailed...There was a ship with lots of currency notes and gold smuggled into Tuticorin..This may be linked to elections...Till date they have not been able to catch the culprits..Distribution of money to win allegiance in our country where the poor are in big numbers is a big dampener
this time political parties have become wise. the physical visibility is far less . money is spent on media campaigns and public meetings ,not much on direct people contact. in delhi 5 days before election ,upto now ,I have not seen a single political procession in my area. similarly ,I have not recd. a single election notice nor seen any poster . it is a lukeworm electionwith not much interest in any particular candidate. there might be a low turnout from middle class.

Indira Vs Sonia

Same slogans down the ages-Remove poverty, Every one will get jobs, No one will be hungry!
BkcfkOsCMAAJZE4.jpg:large

Modi bypasses party, tells electorate 'vote for me'

The morphing of BJP into brand Modi seems complete, with Narendra Modi's latest campaign pitch completely bypassing the party to showcase himself as candidate on every seat, telling voters that each vote would go directly to him.

In BJP's radio spots aired on Saturday, Modi tells the voter : "Aaj khud apne liye vote maang raha hoon ... meri appeal hai har gaali aur kuche se, aap ka vote seedhe, seedhe mujhe milega. (Today I am seeking a vote for myself. I want tell all voters that your vote will reach me directly)".

The gambit takes Modi's sales pitch to another level, erasing the already shrinking gap between BJP and Modi and putting the leader before the party as the Gujarat CM gambles on a perceived wave in his favour.

The strategy is also designed to deal with local irritants; chiefly micro-level caste divides and dissatisfaction with party's candidates. Modi's appeal hopes to overcome these glitches by audaciously arguing that the local candidate is not really relevant.

The poll line is reminiscent of Modi's strategy during the 2012 Gujarat elections. With BJP rebel Keshubhai Patel's party threatening to be a spoiler, Modi found it hard to replace several unpopular BJP MLAs who might have joined Patel.

Realising BJP could suffer if local incumbency became a deciding factor, he upped the stakes saying "I am your candidate on all 182 assembly seats. Every vote you cast for local BJP candidate is a vote for me.Modi bypasses party, tells electorate 'vote for me' - The Times of India

Modi bypasses party, tells electorate 'vote for me' - The Times of India

Modi bypasses party, tells electorate 'vote for me'

The morphing of BJP into brand Modi seems complete, with Narendra Modi's latest campaign pitch completely bypassing the party to showcase himself as candidate on every seat, telling voters that each vote would go directly to him.

In BJP's radio spots aired on Saturday, Modi tells the voter : "Aaj khud apne liye vote maang raha hoon ... meri appeal hai har gaali aur kuche se, aap ka vote seedhe, seedhe mujhe milega. (Today I am seeking a vote for myself. I want tell all voters that your vote will reach me directly)".

The gambit takes Modi's sales pitch to another level, erasing the already shrinking gap between BJP and Modi and putting the leader before the party as the Gujarat CM gambles on a perceived wave in his favour.

The strategy is also designed to deal with local irritants; chiefly micro-level caste divides and dissatisfaction with party's candidates. Modi's appeal hopes to overcome these glitches by audaciously arguing that the local candidate is not really relevant.

The poll line is reminiscent of Modi's strategy during the 2012 Gujarat elections. With BJP rebel Keshubhai Patel's party threatening to be a spoiler, Modi found it hard to replace several unpopular BJP MLAs who might have joined Patel.

Realising BJP could suffer if local incumbency became a deciding factor, he upped the stakes saying "I am your candidate on all 182 assembly seats. Every vote you cast for local BJP candidate is a vote for me.Modi bypasses party, tells electorate 'vote for me' - The Times of India

Modi bypasses party, tells electorate 'vote for me' - The Times of India
One individual in a party is selling himself sidelining all senior leaders and fighting an election without any manifesto to date and india seems to be pitching for him . Bjp goons have already threatening minorities and encouraging jats in fiery speeches in UP to take revenge. they are spewing hatred. this polarisation will lead to bad times for UP and other places.we will know where we stand by may 16.

Per se what Amit Shah said cannot be called communal..Has not the so called national party Congress taken the public support of Imam Bukhari?..If we are OK to this policy of crass appeasement to communal elements then allowing the other side to exploit the so called division to its logical conclusion is also OK!

Per se what Amit Shah said cannot be called communal..Has not the so called national party Congress taken the public support of Imam Bukhari?..If we are OK to this policy of crass appeasement to communal elements then allowing the other side to exploit the so called division to its logical conclusion is also OK!
we are neither jats or muslims but tamil brahmins. but human lives are going to be lost of either community due to national political parties and their politics. it is mostly the poor from these communities who will be the sufferers. elections will go away leave behind it a trail of bitterness ,hatred and violence

Agreed. Here is Mr Shah's statement quoted by TOI:
"He stressed that the revenge was to be exacted through the ballot by voting for BJP. "Aaj kal lathi, bandook ka jamana nahin hai. Talwar se badla nahin lena hai, Button daba kar lena hai ...(Batons, guns and swords belong to a bygone era. These days you take revenge by using the button on EVMs)," TV channels showed Shah telling his audience."
The Hindi word "Badla" also means Avenge or Vindicate. The media uses the meaning favourable to raise a controversy.

You will be doing a service to truth and honesty if you post the original Hindi words along with translation. He said press the button, do not use swords. Seculrists and the media have no qualms peddling lies.
we are neither jats or muslims but tamil
brahmins. but human lives are going to be lost of either community due to national political parties and their politics. it is mostly the poor from these communities who will be the sufferers. elections will go away leave behind it a trail of bitterness ,hatred and violence

Thanks for clarification. In fact Obama used the word revenge in his campaign with an aggressive posture. Let us hope sane sense prevails and the secularists get what they deserve. I wish and pray modi wins and his govt brings out a white paper on foreign funding, NGOs and money trail. Information is enough, punishment can be left to god.
Agreed. Here is Mr Shah's statement
quoted by TOI:
"He stressed that the revenge was to be exacted through the ballot by voting for BJP. "Aaj kal lathi, bandook ka jamana nahin hai. Talwar se badla nahin lena hai, Button daba kar lena hai ...(Batons, guns and swords belong to a bygone era. These days you take revenge by using the button on EVMs)," TV channels showed Shah telling his audience."
The Hindi word "Badla" also means Avenge or Vindicate. The media uses the meaning favourable to raise a controversy.

we are neither jats or muslims but tamil brahmins. but human lives are going to be lost of either community due to national political parties and their politics. it is mostly the poor from these communities who will be the sufferers. elections will go away leave behind it a trail of bitterness ,hatred and violence

Don't you through out a corrupt party with the power of vote...Don't you over through a despot through the power of vote...On similar lines Amitji is exhorting the Hindus to overthrow the current UPA & SP dispensation through the power of vote! This is a very good tactical move by Amitji and will reap electoral dividends to BJP

You want the Tamil Brahmins to not raise the voice against the opportunism of Bukhari..I'll prefer calling a spade a spade..We will abjure violence..But we will highlight any misrepresentation or a bunch of lies...Or any rubbish under the garb of pseudo secularism or anti communalism!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back