• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

World's biggest election on; Are you ready to cast your vote?

Status
Not open for further replies.
deleting the post TKS ji .thanks for pointing it out. others may also do the same . It was just an expression . no offense was intended or meant . In the heat of electoral battle , decency sometimes takes a back seat . This has been a highly polarising election. Political hate speeches and hitting below the belt comments seen on TV have all left a mark on our psyche. we also join the race with off the cuff remarks which sometimes hurt the sensibilities .

Last edited:
In Punjab, Narendra Modi bats for an Asian century

Snippets from modi's speech in amritsar:

1. "5T formula (not the chai wala tea, he joked), but Trade-Tradition-Talent-Technology-Tourism
Yatri train, that could set off from Patna Sahib to Amritsar Sahib. Praying that the Durbar Sahib would hear his plan, the BJP leader said that this dedicated train could be decorated as per Guru parampara, with shabad kirtan and langar and facilities for bathing for the pilgrims and once the tradition took off, add Nanded Sahib and create a religious circuit. It is easy to do and the whole world will like to undertake this journey, he predicted. This concept could be extended to the Jyotirlingas for Shiv-bhaktas, to Dwarka-Mathura-Vrindavan for Krishna-bhaktas, and so on.
redress both issues by the time of Mahatma Gandhi’s 150th birth anniversary, he said the twin issues of urban cleanliness and sanitation would attract tourists like a magnet.
He would, he said, fast track the development of 500 tirthas in the country by undertaking solid waste management and waste water treatment, which would change the face of the destinations, and the nation. Development, he insisted, is the remedy for all ills.

deleting the post TKS ji .thanks for pointing it out. others may also do the same . It was just an expression . no offense was intended or meant . In the heat of electoral battle , decency sometimes takes a back seat . This has been a highly polarising election. Political hate speeches and hitting below the belt comments seen on TV have all left a mark on our psyche. we also join the race with off the cuff remarks which sometimes hurt the sensibilities .

I removed my post also ...

It is nice to be an important Member, but it is very important to write with decency.
A nice knock on the knuckles VBji. I am not an important member . you have got it all wrong. at best you may call me prolific.not many read my posts . I have only a few in this forum who respond to me and educate me on various subjects. I have enormously benefitted from their posts.

kotobollywood supports modi

Raveena tandon, glamour heroine of the hindi film world tweeted - where was the senior film fraternity when hundreds of thousands kashmiri pundits were murdered and thrown out of kashmir? why were they silent? She got thousands of likes and retweets for this; now all major filmland personalities have spoken out in support of modi.

Rajanikanth, vijay, amitabh, lata mangeshkar, pandit shivkumar sharma, anupam kher, salim khan, salman khan, nagarjuna, vivek oberoi, ajay devgan, sunil shetty, juhi chawla, pawan kalyan - the list can fill pages.

Till now only psecs and communists shouted down other sane and sensible voices. Now the dormant but moderate and pious crowd have found their voice. Bharat, the dharmakshetra will reclaim its unique position in the comity of nations.

Mumbai votes! What a farce!

BmCWWcJCAAENyYQ.jpg:large

It is strange many names are missing in Mumbai City Lists. Blaming the EC alone for missing names is not correct. People who are interested in voting should have checked their names in the EC websites in advance and get their names included if they are not found. The procedures are very simple.
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

I have deleted my post as well.

In the heat of electoral battle , decency sometimes takes a back seat

Look up the definition of trolling in wikipedia. Posting inflammatory messages in an online forum can provoke readers into an emotional response and/or disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

Last edited:

Fresh figures out: 73.67% polling in TN – NEWS TODAY

Chennai: Two days after the polling is over, fresh figures on voting percentage are out. As per final and detailed calculation, the polling percentage in Tamilnadu has been peged at 73.67 per cent, nearly one per cent higher than the initial figure 72.8.

Interestingly, it has emerged that women outnumbered men in performing their democratic duty. While 73.85 per cent women cast their votes, the percentage of their counterparts is 73.49.

Read more:
http://newstodaynet.com/tamil-nadu/fresh-figures-out-7367-polling-tn

A rap in the knuckles of Congress with MMS's (step) brother joining BJP yesterday! A big boost to Jaitley's campaign! A coup of sorts!

Congress left red-faced as PM's brother joins BJP at Modi rally - The Times of India

Is this the reality? or, is it to ensure that even if BJP / Modi come to power, MMS will be safe? There are many families in Kerala where close relatives are active members of the two fronts (LDF & UDF) and the secret is that such families will remain powerful irrespective of which front rules the state.

That is a good point. Even in TN one can find people from the same family in both DMK and ADMK. No matter who wins the family interests are protected. These politicians are much too cleverer than common men like us.

Fresh figures out: 73.67% polling in TN – NEWS TODAY

Chennai: Two days after the polling is over, fresh figures on voting percentage are out. As per final and detailed calculation, the polling percentage in Tamilnadu has been peged at 73.67 per cent, nearly one per cent higher than the initial figure 72.8.

Interestingly, it has emerged that women outnumbered men in performing their democratic duty. While 73.85 per cent women cast their votes, the percentage of their counterparts is 73.49.

Read more:
http://newstodaynet.com/tamil-nadu/fresh-figures-out-7367-polling-tn

Dear Bala Sir,

Thanks for sharing the update..Since you are in the midst of action, what is your feedback on voting in TN...Who is likely to win?

Is this the reality? or, is it to ensure that even if BJP / Modi come to power, MMS will be safe? There are many families in Kerala where close relatives are active members of the two fronts (LDF & UDF) and the secret is that such families will remain powerful irrespective of which front rules the state.

The niece of Vajpayee joined Congress last month...Now with this it has got even!

Sir,

I really appreciate your evincing keen interest on Tamil Nadu politics and in this regard I reproduce here the article appeared in The Economic Times – Election 2014 - on 23rd instant.

Lok Sabha elections 2014: Stakes high for AIADMK, DMK as Tamil Nadu goes to polls

CHENNAI: The single-phase polling for 39 Lok Sabha seats in Tamil Nadu tomorrow would put to litmus test the capabilities of ruling AIADMK, sibling war driven DMK trying to revive its electoral fortunes ahead of 2016 Assembly elections, and BJP's hopes of riding the 'Modi wave' to make a mark after drawing a blank in two previous polls.

Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa-led AIADMK has pumped in all its resources into this high-stake election as it is firm on extending its winning streak s ..

Read more at:Lok Sabha elections 2014: Stakes high for AIADMK, DMK as Tamil Nadu goes to polls - The Economic Times

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back