• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

world cup 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunjuppu

to a cricket mad community, this post might sound arcane.

but there is a wide world out there which has gone crazy over viewing 22 fellows chasing a leather ball from one end of a field to another.

the last two games were stunners.

i did not get to watch the brazil holland match. i am happy oranjes won. brazil, argentina are countries which think it is their god given right to win the world cup. you only have to see argentina's captain maradona strut about to make up your mind: hope these guys lose.

the second game between ghana uruguay was a keenly fought one. the last one minute to go, and ghana's gyan fouled up a penalty shot. he could not even hit it within the goal post. it went over. surely this must be the worst moment of his life. i feel sorry for the poor fellow, who will be a trivia question forever. ultimately, it came to light, that the ghanians did not know how to kick the ball into the goal. they lost on penalty kicks. i did not like uruguay and was rooting for ghana. too bad they lost. africa has to wait till 2014 world cup to revive its chances of winning a world cup. and that 2014 is played in that mother of all football countries - brazil.

.... the last one minute to go, and ghana's gyan fouled up a penalty shot. he could not even hit it within the goal post. it went over.

The ball hit the top crossbar, but God and Virgin Mary were against these Ghanans, how could they win. Here is what the coach says:It was a sure goal blocked deliberately by hand. The correct remedy is to award the goal to Ghana, not a free kick. Too bad Gyan missed it. They played a super match.

Today, Germany made Argentina look like Indian football team. Clinical execution and impenetrable defense. You need more than God and Virgin Mary to beat the Germans.

Cheers!

first, the head that knocked out Brazil, and, then the hand that did that to Ghana (very unlucky!): and, Argentina's accounts 'klosed'! (Spanish Armada produced expected results, i suppose) cheers(on vuvuzela): rj

expect the unexpected in This World cup

paraguay 0 spain 1

It wasn't the best match today or the best match of the quarter-finals but it did get better in the second half and the team that was supposed to win, won.
Paraguay offered little and if we look deep, we are not really going to be that surprised. They were always going to lose.

Argentina 0 germany 4
While I am surprised by the final score, I'm not really surprised by the result, even though I did think Argentina would win
Germany are always solid and always efficient and today they demonstrated why they could win the World Cup next week, if they beat the winner of Spain and Paraguay that kicks off this evening and based on that performance, you would have to be Spanish to bet against them.

The Dutch didn't get lucky and Brazil didn't play poorly - this was a deserved win - this was the right result.
It is also a good result for the rest of the World Cup because every team will now believe they have a chance of winning it and that is a good thing.

Folks, I was pretty neutral until De Jong landed his cleats on Xabi Alonso's chest; if that was not a red, what is? From then on I was squarely on Spanish side all the way. Orange was out played out and out, and they could only respond with one rough challenge after another. The better team won.

Cheers!

There were few off field attraction of this event. Vovuzela I think makes noise but no music.It looks like the "பீபீ" of our own பூம்பூம் மாட்டுகாரர் or Popular உறுமி மேள நாயனம் This I think will go well with current trend in Tamil cinema the குத்து type of Music.
Paul created a sort of History with 100% correct predictions and Few Glamorous photos of TV conscious spectators which I removed after posting since it may not go well the forum. Few lucky might have enjoyed before they were taken off!! Jambu:fear:

i was rooting for oranje. spain was a better team and deserved to win. too bad about the rowdyness. left a bad taste.

Paul prediction is amazing.

I think further research has to be done on this.

All the best

As far as Im concerned Oranje won.....call me delusional, I dont care!!!they were the best....and the underdogs...enough to win me support any day!

Foot ball is a game for masses. I enjoy the game for its fast pace and coordination among the players. I took a bet with my 11 years old grand daughter (Who is a footballer herself supported Spain) that Netherlands will get the Trophy this time. Alas they dutched (ditched) me. Now I have to take her to Udupi Krishna Bhavan for lunch on Saturday.

Last edited:
Not blowing any more - Vuvuzelas hit by UK bans

There were few off field attraction of this event. Vovuzela I think makes noise but no music.It looks like the "பீபீ" of our own பூம்பூம் மாட்டுகாரர் or Popular உறுமி மேள நாயனம் This I think will go well with current trend in Tamil cinema the குத்து type of Music.

Now This noisy vuvuzelas banned in UK For full details Left click on the link Jambu:horn:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back