• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Women in d(u)ress?

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha, no worry, I know when people get hurt it means they have a tender heart! If Amala was in Bangalore I'd buy her a dinner and a big ice cream after that!

What I don't understand is, why do women get hurt for such reasons...

if I say "Honey!" they don't get upset (but honey is saliva from a bee)

if I say "Rose!" they don't get upset (but Rose is just a plant excretion)

if I say "Cleopatra!" they don't get upset (but Cleo is long gone dead)

if I say "Chandni!" they don't get upset (but moon is just a big piece of rock)

if I say "Toyota!" they get upset!!! (but we guys love toyota!)

What is wrong with you women!!!

Hehe thanks Dr Barani. Very sweet of you. I'm very flattered.

Maybe women don't get upset with all the others because men can "test drive" (i detest that term!) only toyotas and not a rose? or honey? or cleopatra (long dead as you rightly said :))

Hey people,

Please don't antagonise each other (Ravi why are you picking on Rekka now?). As Rekka said I am not happy with Biswa's analogy at all.

Please let it be. Let the person who started this gem of an analogy speak. We have all said enough.

Thank you.

Ok Amala..will abide.

Note: Rekka is how Amala calls me becos I am Renu Akka to her hence Rekka.
Amala I wrote this cos someone asked me on PM who is Rekka?

Hey people,

Please don't antagonise each other (Ravi why are you picking on Rekka now?). As Rekka said I am not happy with Biswa's analogy at all.

Please let it be. Let the person who started this gem of an analogy speak. We have all said enough.

Thank you.

What do you mean by asking me - "Why are you pickign on Rekka now"?

We all know that you are not happy with Biswa's analogy from your very first post directed to him.

Since Renuka is the one here who took efforts to explain Dr. Barani about your nice personality, I had a doubt if Renuka assumed that Dr. Barani has mistaken you.

Because for me, Dr.Barani was found to be soothing you and advicing you not to take it personal, feel upset and feel hurt by some one's post here, just for a fun.

Last edited:
Hey Ravi,

You seem to be emphasizing about the Sucking mechanism more in Smoking.
But I think the Sucking action is not as important as the Inhaling.
From what I know guys say that the inhaling is what that gives the kick.
Dont forget the Blowing mechanism too.
All 3 phases are important..Sucking,Inhaling and Blowing.Only then we can say its a well done Job.

Wowww Renuka, I agree experience speaks!!!!!

Dear Amala,

I will give my take on this. I would go a step further than what Dr,Barani says and would say that you need to generally make light of many things. Something that seems like a verbal assault even if it were intended as such can and should be definitely be made light of and not given undue importance.

Last edited:
Wowww Renuka, I agree experience speaks!!!!!

Ravi..I think you know me better than this.

I will let you know.I dont have any addictive habits.

I dont smoke.
I dont drink.
I dont even drink coffee or tea.

Its just observation of the smoking mechanism in smokers i had known in college.

Ravi..I think you know me better than this.

I will let you know.I dont have any addictive habits.

I dont smoke.
I dont drink.
I dont even drink coffee or tea.

Its just observation of the smoking mechanism in smokers i had known in college.

Wow, you are smoking! (metaphorically)

No coffee or tea? Then how do people ask you That question?

BTW, it is a norm in south Indian brahmin dailylife, we men wake up, clean up, drink coffee while reading newspaper! That is now a standard Tradition!

Wow, you are smoking! (metaphorically)

No coffee or tea? Then how do people ask you That question?

BTW, it is a norm in south Indian brahmin dailylife, we men wake up, clean up, drink coffee while reading newspaper! That is now a standard Tradition!

I dont understand that line yaar about coffee and tea where you said How do people ask you THAT question?
Can you explain?

My 1st drink of the day is Tender Coconut Water and then midday day its milk and night its grape juice(I blend it myself)\
When I go to anyones house I only drink plain water.

Last edited:
I dont understand that line yaar about coffee and tea where you said How do people ask you THAT question?
Can you explain?

It was a knotty question and cannot be deknottified at this time!

My 1st drink of the day is Tender Coconut Water and then midday day its milk and night its grape juice(I blend it myself)\ When I go to anyones house I only drink plain water.

I know how to make good plain water - just heat it up, and run it through some fine coffee powder! :)

Juvenile pleasures have been openly discussed by the young in mind. Ladies wear different dresses to attract men is only partially correct. They know for sure that if you wrap a colourful saree around a lamp post, the men are sure to go round and round the post whistling, singing or just praying. Whether it is maxie, middie, mini or bikni they wear or bare, they do not reveal their mind. It is not so much to arouse men but as much to spite her own coeval – a neighbor or colleague - and challenge her. The basic fact about ladies is that they love themselves too much and at the same time don’t trust their own eyes considering the time they take before a mirror. A good lady with pleasant disposition and pure mind, is undoubtedly a beauty with dress or without. They are a gift to nature themselves.
Kaaryeshu daasi, bodhyeshu maata, rupeshu lakshmi, sayaneshu vysya, karneshu mantri, kshamavadhartri…..

.... A good lady with pleasant disposition and pure mind, is undoubtedly a beauty with dress or without. They are a gift to nature themselves.

iyya,

i agree about the pleasant disposition, but i think, a 'dirty' mind is more fun, than a 'pure'one - and at the right occassions, undressed. :)

definitely, nature's most bountiful and beautiful gift.

Ok let me give a car analogy here, as everybody knows that women come with 4 wheels.

Many ppl if they wonder around a car show or a parking lot will give out that tell-tale whistle of admiration if they see a well-decked out BMW or Porsche. But finally what do most desis end up buying? A hum-drum Toyota Camry (in Indian terms a Hyundai).

There is a certain allure to fast cars (and fast women) but at the end of the day you just need to get from point A to point B.

Biswaji,

I understand your can analogy. But I am curious to know why you say that “women come with 4 wheels”.

Your analogy reminds me the Tamil song, "Raaja kaiya vechcha... (from "Apoorva sakodarargal")" where an analogy is made between women and cars.

Biswaji,

I understand your can analogy. But I am curious to know why you say that “women come with 4 wheels”.

Your analogy reminds me the Tamil song, "Raaja kaiya vechcha... (from "Apoorva sakodarargal")" where an analogy is made between women and cars.

Dear Haridas,

I better answer now before my connection to TB forum gets screwed up again.

Ok you see not all man come with 6 pack Abdomen.
When most of them cross middle age there have spare tyres around the abdomen and may be Biswa assumed woman are like that too.

Dear Haridas,

I better answer now before my connection to TB forum gets screwed up again.

Ok you see not all man come with 6 pack Abdomen.
When most of them cross middle age there have spare tyres around the abdomen and may be Biswa assumed woman are like that too.

Hello Doctor,

People usually say "around waist". But you are saying "around abdomen"? :noidea: (Dont tell me it depends on which side you look from!)

You're right. It reflects more on the person telling it i guess. But i still maintain that its not funny nor do i consider it a joke. Everyone else here is within their right to find what he said funny. I don't. Thats all.

I won't say anymore.

If you don't find it funny, don't laugh at it. We don't mind. There are others who have a better sense of humor than you do. If you find a comment in a forum dehumanizing, you are waiting for a rude shock in real life.

Hello Doctor,

People usually say "around waist". But you are saying "around abdomen"? :noidea: (Dont tell me it depends on which side you look from!)

Haridasaji,
The 4 wheels things was just a frivolous introduction to the rest of the post, please don't read too much into it.

Renuka,
I did not mention the tires bit. Please don't get me into more trouble with the joke police trolling this thread.

However now that you do mention it, in the US, checking out an automobile before buying is often referred to as "kicking the tires". Though I wouldn't dream of it.

Oops, there I made a dehumanising comment again. Except that I think it is a humanizing one. For the cars!

Hello Doctor,

My dear Haridas,

abdomen [ab´dah-men, ab-do´men]the anterior portion of the body between the thorax and the pelvis; it contains the abdominal cavity, which is separated from the chest area by the diaphragm. The cavity, which is lined with a membrane known as the peritoneum, contains the stomach, large and small intestines, liver, spleen, pancreas, kidneys, gallbladder, urinary bladder, and other structures. Called also belly and venter.

taken from: abdomen_____S - definition of abdomen_____S in the Medical dictionary - by the Free Online Medical Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

So waist is also part of the abdominal area.People can have fat deposition around the midsection or even slightly above it or below it.

Haridasaji,
The 4 wheels things was just a frivolous introduction to the rest of the post, please don't read too much into it.

Renuka,
I did not mention the tires bit. Please don't get me into more trouble with the joke police trolling this thread.

However now that you do mention it, in the US, checking out an automobile before buying is often referred to as "kicking the tires". Though I wouldn't dream of it.

Oops, there I made a dehumanising comment again. Except that I think it is a humanizing one. For the cars!

Hey wait a minute..out here we have a similar terminology we us before buying a car..its called "Checking the Nuts(of the car)".
becos even though nuts are small they can give a lot of trouble if they are not well tightened.
Wow so much similarity isnt it between Humans and Cars?

Hey wait a minute..out here we have a similar terminology we us before buying a car..its called "Checking the Nuts(of the car)".
becos even though nuts are small they can give a lot of trouble if they are not well tightened.
Wow so much similarity isnt it between Humans and Cars?

Hmm, but they don't kick the car in the nuts, do they? Like they do kick the tires? Lucky the cars have been humanised enough!

Hmm, but they don't kick the car in the nuts, do they? Like they do kick the tires? Lucky the cars have been humanised enough!

No... Nuts are tightened with the Spanner but if it gives trouble we can hit it hard with the spanner then the nuts behave well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back