• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Window lifestyle with children

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

care4

I would like to know the life styles of widows and particularly with children.

Though things are changing in India, but not to the extent we see in the cultures of western world.

So if you can discuss the issues ranging from social to government incentives (if any) to in-laws to daily life issues that would be great.

Please note the issue is not related to just brahmins. I am interested in women in general

I would like to know the life styles of widows and particularly with children.

Though things are changing in India, but not to the extent we see in the cultures of western world.

So if you can discuss the issues ranging from social to government incentives (if any) to in-laws to daily life issues that would be great.

Please note the issue is not related to just brahmins. I am interested in women in general

Widows now generally are taking up employment if educated or even remarry unless they are very much attached to the deceased husband and are traditional.Some state Govts ,I heard are even giving solatium if they are from generally low income groups.
Regarding Inlaws,it depends on families and communities.Now people are not treaing them as a burden as they are independant,but social stigma may be there among uneducated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back