• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Will Supreme Court be able to define Hindutva?

vembuv

“If anybody who will prove that there is a reference to the word ‘Hindutva’, we will hear him. We will not get into ‘Hindutva’ at this stage”.Said by the court.

1583215005018.png

The Supreme court is in a dilemma on the precise definition of Hindutva as anybody who will exhibit that there is a reference to the word ‘Hindutva’, the court is ready to hear him.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once the Supreme Court settles the review plea in the Sabarimala case, it will possibly revisiting yet another contentious issue — that of defining Hindutva. How on earth is it going to do that, given that the best spiritual and religious brains have consistently maintained the impossibility of the task? Scholars have pointed out that since Hinduism is not an institutionalised form of religion — it does not have a supreme governing authority (unlike Roman Catholic Christianity which has the Pope); it does not have one god, unlike Islam which has Allah; and it does not have well-defined do’s and don’ts that serve as virtual commandments and straitjacket practices and beliefs which are the defining parameters of non-Indic religions — it is difficult to precisely define Hindu-ness, which essentially Hindutva is.

Read more at:

“If anybody who will prove that there is a reference to the word ‘Hindutva’, we will hear him. We will not get into ‘Hindutva’ at this stage”.Said by the court.

View attachment 9169

The Supreme court is in a dilemma on the precise definition of Hindutva as anybody who will exhibit that there is a reference to the word ‘Hindutva’, the court is ready to hear him.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once the Supreme Court settles the review plea in the Sabarimala case, it will possibly revisiting yet another contentious issue — that of defining Hindutva. How on earth is it going to do that, given that the best spiritual and religious brains have consistently maintained the impossibility of the task? Scholars have pointed out that since Hinduism is not an institutionalised form of religion — it does not have a supreme governing authority (unlike Roman Catholic Christianity which has the Pope); it does not have one god, unlike Islam which has Allah; and it does not have well-defined do’s and don’ts that serve as virtual commandments and straitjacket practices and beliefs which are the defining parameters of non-Indic religions — it is difficult to precisely define Hindu-ness, which essentially Hindutva is.

Read more at:

The word is Dharma!

Dharma is the substratum existence.

So it doesn't matter if there isn't a pope or not strictly monotheistic etc when the word Dharma defines everything as The Law of Being.

The word Hindutva does not capture the essence of Dharma.
Hindutva is just a cover for violence.

Dharma isn't hard to define becos the legal system itself functions with Dharma as its substratum.

Dharma too doesn't need a Hindutva tag or any religious tag.
Religions need Dharma to stand but Dharma stands on its own sans religion.. root word of Dharma in Sanskrit is "dhri" which means to support,bear, hold,stand.

Surprised why the court had no advisers about this..I guess Hindutva eclipses even Dharma.

Hindutva is just a cover for violence.

Doctor Madam,

Perhaps it may be your opinion.

But Dictionaries do have their own definitions which I would like to share here:

According to the Oxford English Dictionary (OED), Hindutva is "originally: the state or quality of being Hindu; ‘Hinduness’. In later use: an ideology seeking to establish the hegemony of Hindus and the Hindu way of life; Hindu nationalism;"[6] Its etymology, according to the OED, is: "modern Sanskrit hindutva (Hindu qualities, Hindu identity) from hindu + classical Sanskrit -tva, suffix forming abstract nouns.)"[6] The relevant meaning of hindu is stated as deriving from "Persian language hindu, Urdu hindū, ... originally from Sanskrit sindhu, or river, specially, the Indus, hence the region of the Indus, i.e. Sindh; gradually extended by Persians, Greeks, and Arabs, to northern India as a whole."[7]

According to Merriam-Webster's Encyclopedia of World Religions, Hindutva is a concept of "Indian cultural, national, and religious identity".[8] The term "conflates a geographically based religious, cultural, and national identity: a true 'Indian' is one who partakes of this 'Hindu-ness'. Some Indians insist, however, that Hindutva is primarily a cultural term to refer to the traditional and indigenous heritage of the Indian nation-state, and they compare the relationship between Hindutva and India to that of Zionism and Israel."[8] This view, as summarized by Merriam-Webster's Encyclopedia of World Religions, holds that "even those who are not religiously Hindu but whose religions originated in India — Jains, Buddhists, Sikhs, and others — share in this historical, cultural, and national essence. Those whose religions were imported to India, meaning primarily the country’s Muslim and Christian communities, may fall within the boundaries of Hindutva only if they subsume themselves into the majority culture".[8]

According to the Concise Oxford Dictionary of Politics and International Relations, "Hindutva, translated as 'Hinduness,' refers to the ideology of Hindu nationalists, stressing the common culture of the inhabitants of the Indian subcontinent. ... Modern politicians have attempted to play down the racial and anti-Muslim aspects of Hindutva, stressing the inclusiveness of the Indian identity; but the term has Fascist undertones." [9] According to The Dictionary of Human Geography, "Hindutva encapsulates the cultural justification of Hindu nationalism, a "Hinduness" allegedly shared by all Hindus."[10] According to A Political and Economic Dictionary of South Asia, "One of the main purposes behind the concept of Hindutva was to construct a collective identity to support the cause of 'Hindu-unity' (Hindu Sanghatan) and to avoid too narrow a definition of Hinduism, which had the consequence of excluding Buddhists, Sikhs and Jains from the Hindu community. Later, Hindu-nationalist ideologues transformed the concept into a strategy to include non-Hindus, in order to widen their social base, and for political mobilization."[11]

And my source is Wikipedia.

Will you please enlighten me as to how do you come to such a conclusion..:)

Hindutva-Vasudeiva Kutumbagam

‘Our watchword will be acceptance and inclusion’: Nine memos from Vivekananda to Hindutva

We Hindus no longer say that every country beyond our own land is peopled with demons and hobgoblins, nor do the people of Christian countries say that India is only peopled by cannibals and savages. When we go out of our country, we find the same brother-man, with the same strong hand to help, with the same lips to say godspeed; and sometimes they are better than in the country in which we are born. When they come here, they find the same brotherhood, the same cheer, the same godspeed.

Our Upanishads say that the cause of all misery is ignorance; and that is perfectly true when applied to every state of life, either social or spiritual. It is ignorance that makes us hate each other, it is through ignorance that we do not know and do not love each other. As soon as we come to know each other, love comes, must come, for are we not ones. Thus we find solidarity coming in spite of itself.

For our own motherland a junction of the two great systems, Hinduism and Islam – Vedanta brain and Islam body – is the only hope.

I see in my mind’s eye the future perfect India rising out of this chaos and strife, glorious and invincible, with Vedanta brain and Islam body.

I accept all religions that were in the past, and worship with them all; I worship god with every one of them, in whatever form they worship him. I shall go to the mosque of the Mohammedan; I shall enter the Christian’s church and kneel before the crucifix; I shall enter the Buddhistic temple, where I shall take refuge in Buddha and in his law. I shall go into the forest and sit down in meditation with the Hindu, who is trying to see the light which enlightens the heart of every one.

Not only shall I do all these, but I shall keep my heart open for all that may come in the future. Is god’s book finished? Or is it still a continuous revelation going on? It is a marvellous book – these spiritual revelations of the world. The Bible, the Vedas, the Koran, and all other sacred books are but so many pages, and an infinite number of pages remain yet to be unfolded.

I would leave it open for all of them. We stand in the present, but open ourselves to the infinite future. We take in all that has been in the past, enjoy the light of the present, and open every window of the heart for all that will come in the future. Salutation to all the prophets of the past, to all the great ones of the present, and to all that are to come in the future!

Read more at:
https://scroll.in/article/949719/ou...e-memos-from-vivekananda-to-hindutva-warriors

Last edited:
Doctor Madam,

Perhaps it may be your opinion.

But Dictionaries do have their own definitions which I would like to share here:

According to the Oxford English Dictionary (OED), Hindutva is "originally: the state or quality of being Hindu; ‘Hinduness’. In later use: an ideology seeking to establish the hegemony of Hindus and the Hindu way of life; Hindu nationalism;"[6] Its etymology, according to the OED, is: "modern Sanskrit hindutva (Hindu qualities, Hindu identity) from hindu + classical Sanskrit -tva, suffix forming abstract nouns.)"[6] The relevant meaning of hindu is stated as deriving from "Persian language hindu, Urdu hindū, ... originally from Sanskrit sindhu, or river, specially, the Indus, hence the region of the Indus, i.e. Sindh; gradually extended by Persians, Greeks, and Arabs, to northern India as a whole."[7]

According to Merriam-Webster's Encyclopedia of World Religions, Hindutva is a concept of "Indian cultural, national, and religious identity".[8] The term "conflates a geographically based religious, cultural, and national identity: a true 'Indian' is one who partakes of this 'Hindu-ness'. Some Indians insist, however, that Hindutva is primarily a cultural term to refer to the traditional and indigenous heritage of the Indian nation-state, and they compare the relationship between Hindutva and India to that of Zionism and Israel."[8] This view, as summarized by Merriam-Webster's Encyclopedia of World Religions, holds that "even those who are not religiously Hindu but whose religions originated in India — Jains, Buddhists, Sikhs, and others — share in this historical, cultural, and national essence. Those whose religions were imported to India, meaning primarily the country’s Muslim and Christian communities, may fall within the boundaries of Hindutva only if they subsume themselves into the majority culture".[8]

According to the Concise Oxford Dictionary of Politics and International Relations, "Hindutva, translated as 'Hinduness,' refers to the ideology of Hindu nationalists, stressing the common culture of the inhabitants of the Indian subcontinent. ... Modern politicians have attempted to play down the racial and anti-Muslim aspects of Hindutva, stressing the inclusiveness of the Indian identity; but the term has Fascist undertones." [9] According to The Dictionary of Human Geography, "Hindutva encapsulates the cultural justification of Hindu nationalism, a "Hinduness" allegedly shared by all Hindus."[10] According to A Political and Economic Dictionary of South Asia, "One of the main purposes behind the concept of Hindutva was to construct a collective identity to support the cause of 'Hindu-unity' (Hindu Sanghatan) and to avoid too narrow a definition of Hinduism, which had the consequence of excluding Buddhists, Sikhs and Jains from the Hindu community. Later, Hindu-nationalist ideologues transformed the concept into a strategy to include non-Hindus, in order to widen their social base, and for political mobilization."[11]

And my source is Wikipedia.

Will you please enlighten me as to how do you come to such a conclusion..:)
The media is full of evidence.
The current concept of Hindutva = violence.

Previously " Jai Shree Ram " was a sacred chant...now its misused by Hindutva mobs as a war cry!

So you see...this is what we call Glanih( decline)

The media is full of evidence.
The current concept of Hindutva = violence.

Previously " Jai Shree Ram " was a sacred chant...now its misused by Hindutva mobs as a war cry!

So you see...this is what we call Glanih( decline)

Of course, you may be one among the lot fallen prey to the fake news and well packed bundle of lies of some section of biased media.

This is the kind of venom spewed by the media of the world’s largest democracy, and are able to make a dent and divide people for time being.

It is said that Lord Sri Krishna says to Arjuna to stand and fight as it is the duty of Kshatriya to fight for the good or righteousness, is another word is Dharma’.

Of course, there are lot of questions unanswered.

I don't know what does your media says about the following:

1. Who blocked Shaheen Bagh?
2. Who stocked petrol bombs and pelted stones?
3. Who killed Ankit Sharma?

Any answer.....???

It is reported that the NHRC has deputed a fact-finding team to investigate the recent cases of violence northeast Delhi," according to an Official.

Meanwhile, few gladly started to pronounce judgement based on biased and fake news. :)

Last edited:
Of course, you may be one among the lot fallen prey to the fake news and well packed bundle of lies of some section of biased media.

This is the kind of venom spewed by the media of the world’s largest democracy, and are able to make a dent and divide people for time being.

It is said that Lord Sri Krishna says to Arjuna to stand and fight as it is the duty of Kshatriya to fight for the good or righteousness, is another word is Dharma’.

Of course, there are lot of questions unanswered.

I don't know what does your media says about the following:

1. Who blocked Shaheen Bagh?
2. Who stocked petrol bombs and pelted stones?
3. Who killed Ankit Sharma?

Any answer.....???

It is reported that the NHRC has deputed a fact-finding team to investigate the recent cases of violence northeast Delhi," according to an Official.

Meanwhile, few gladly started to pronounce judgement based on biased and fake news. :)

So many people died..Ankit sharma is one of them.
The police failed to maintain law and order from day 1.
Illegal protests eg shaheen bagh and mob protest both should have been curbed.

Btw every tom dick and harry on the street is not a warrior be it Hindu or Muslim.
Fighting is the Dharma of the armed forces and not for anyone else.

So Lord Krishna was ordering a warrior Arjuna to fight and not some guy walking on the street.

This riots is the perfect example of Doing anothers Dharma...this is the Dharma sankar of common man trying to do the Dharma of the armed forces.

Anyway...spewing hatred Hindu vs Muslim or Muslim vs Hindu in social media is the main cause for all these fear based riots.

What you write itself cos be an indirect cause to someone killing someone else..as you sit well protected at home..its the common man dying on the street.
For me there is no difference between the life of a Hindu or Muslim...I do not have any specific affinity for the clothes anyone wears.

A human life is a human life.

So many people died..Ankit sharma is one of them.
The police failed to maintain law and order from day 1.
Illegal protests eg shaheen bagh and mob protest both should have been curbed.

Btw every tom dick and harry on the street is not a warrior be it Hindu or Muslim.
Fighting is the Dharma of the armed forces and not for anyone else.

So Lord Krishna was ordering a warrior Arjuna to fight and not some guy walking on the street.

This riots is the perfect example of Doing anothers Dharma...this is the Dharma sankar of common man trying to do the Dharma of the armed forces.

Anyway...spewing hatred Hindu vs Muslim or Muslim vs Hindu in social media is the main cause for all these fear based riots.

What you write itself cos be an indirect cause to someone killing someone else..as you sit well protected at home..its the common man dying on the street.
For me there is no difference between the life of a Hindu or Muslim...I do not have any specific affinity for the clothes anyone wears.

A human life is a human life.

NO according to the media, Muslim life is worth 10 Hindu lives. The media is fake news and is Marxist.
It has always been like that - we have been brainwashed from school days to think all religions are same. But its not in reality. The muslims will quickly reproduce than the Hindus to replace that 1 life.

NO according to the media, Muslim life is worth 10 Hindu lives. The media is fake news and is Marxist.
It has always been like that - we have been brainwashed from school days to think all religions are same. But its not in reality. The muslims will quickly reproduce than the Hindus to replace that 1 life.

Facebook posts spread the conspiracy theory that the number of India's Muslims - currently about 200 million - will at some point surpass the 966 million-strong Hindu population, as WhatsApp groups share messages stirring fear and hatred.

It is given that there should be nationwide population control, but it need not be religion-based. Similarly there should be one Indian family law.

Last edited:
[/QUO
What is stopping reproduction?

Re #13
Comparing the population distribution of hindus and non-hindus in 1950 and 2010, the projected values of Hindus as % of population are 80% in 2010 70% in 2032 60% in 2049 50% in 2062 .
only a mathematically challenged person will doubt that hindus will, at a not distant future will become a minority.
'God is great' shouted before killing, 'Jai sri Ram' as a greeting. Only a dhimmi will think or agree that they are eqivalent.

Lack of Apsaras?
Poverty, lack of economic uplift, political corruption... but Muslims do not care about democracy - just food, shelter, group shouting and reproduction every where in the world. Whe\ver they go, they want to establish a Muslim country just like Christians try to enslave others for the 10% compussary donation for the uplift of priests. These are based on conversation wtih many including Muslims, Christians and Hindus. This forum can not change any thing excepting feeling happy that our opinion is out. China will rule the world ond day as not many countries are united to fight with them. So, these discussions do not change any thing.

S, please do not attack any one, only provide reasonablly accetable logical reply. If you can not tolerae others, then you can never be a Brahman as it means you fail to see paramqathma in them too. Every thing we say is based on hearsay and not with actual, verifiable statistical evidence.

Fact Check: No, Muslims will not surpass Hindu population in India anytime soon,

Twitter screenshot of a large number of Muslims offering namaaz on the street is viral on social media. The place is so crowded that some can be seen offering namaaz on the top of a bus. The text in the screenshot says Muslims constitute 30 per cent of India's population.

The screenshot has been posted with a caption saying, "They're the second-largest majority. When they become largest, you won't find Hindus here. The country will become like Pakistan and Bangladesh. They'll implement Sharia in place of Constitution and become an Islamic country in no time."

India Today Anti Fake News War Room (AFWA) has found that as per Census 2011, Muslims were 14.2 per cent of India's population. There is no study to prove that Muslims comprise 30 per cent of India's population. Also, the picture being shared with the claim is not from India but Bangladesh.

The claim is quite viral on Facebook and Twitter. The archived version can be seen here.

Muslim population in India
We did not find any research data or news report that says the percentage of Muslims in India is 30 per cent. According to Census 2011, the percentage of Muslims in India was 14.2 per cent.

By 2050, the percentage of Muslims in India is expected to be around 18.4 per cent, as per a report by US-based Pew Research Center. This means even 30 years later, the Muslim population in India is not expected to come close to 30 per cent. The same report predicts that the Hindu population in India would be around 76.7 per cent by 2050.

Latest ads

Back