• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Why tamils have problems when they are settled outside tamilnadu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think sometimes words such as "our interests", being "fair to others" etc are loosely used in the sense that what a person sometimes advocates may not affect him/her personally and even "other Brahmins" are really "others" only.

கால பைரவன்;268687 said:
I think sometimes words such as "our interests", being "fair to others" etc are loosely used in the sense that what a person sometimes advocates may not affect him/her personally and even "other Brahmins" are really "others" only.

kb, i dont know, if another factor, ie conscience ever plays a role in these circumstances. it should. shouldn't it?

dear sir,

.........and feel completely disheartened, that after 67+ years of freedom, the weakest of the weak of india, still dont have a fair or fighting chance to make it in this world. all due to the prejudices and machinations of the castes above them.

I had been in service in Chennai in a Tamilnadu state-government institution for over 25 years and retired. I can assure you that the wheels had turned around long ago. Today, in Chennai at least, the dalits, through their labour unions and associations, wield so much power in controlling who gets what , that they have completely turned the table on all the “ prejudices and machinations of the castes above them” . Of course, these other castes banded together earlier under a different political banner and displayed the same “prejudices and machinations” against the TBs, and now get a taste of their own medicine, but prescribed by the dalits! Of course, the situation is different in rural south.

Last edited:
It is now slowly accepted (though known all along) that caste is not a bane, but a useful and welcome social and cultural capital if not misused by divisive politics and vindictive social behaviour. All jatis have lived together in conducive harmony in every village and town. It will be far easier to remove inequalities in education, skills and wealth, than blaming jatis and vowing to destroy jatis. It will never happen. Use of brahmin bogey to solve dalit problems has lost its steam; dalits have seen the deception, but some brahmins (so called) still cling to the rejected theories.

In my school in early sixties, out of 8 sections of 45 students in each, in SSLC, only one and a half had brahmin students (65) studying samskrit as third language. Remaining 300 students were not brahmin and had selected advance tamil. There was no discussion or awareness of dalit/sc/st among the students and there was no visible discrimination. The english brought the caste divide and the modern secular politicians have amplified it and made it a explosive issue.

Dharampal has shown from documents available during british raj, in madras presidency, less than 20% of the students in schools were brahmins; the rest from all the three varnas (they used the k-v-s classification). And every village had a school.

Modi has the right catch phrase - sabka sath, sabka vikas. He is a modern hindu who respects all jatis and adivasis and does not believe in setting one against the other.

Humanists!!! The asareeri tells me I must cease to be a brahmin.

i would prefer not to label ourselves as liberals or conservatives or anything in between. just plain humans with some sense of fairness, even though as a result of which, it might adversely affect our interests.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back