• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Why BSP is wooing brahmins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why BSP is wooing brahmins?

BSP is wooing Brahmins

New Delhi, March 4: The Bahujan Samaj Party’s social engineering is about to enter a new phase.
The party, which was born as a reaction to upper-caste oppression, is set to field a record number of Brahmins in the coming Assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh.
Although the BSP is yet to formally announce its final list of candidates, it is reliably learnt that 89 of the 403 party nominees are Brahmins. No other party — not even those claiming to represent upper-caste Hindus — has ever fielded so many Brahmins in the state where caste considerations influence voting patterns.
“Our objective is to send a concrete message across the state that we are not just a party of Dalits but of Brahmins, too. By giving out tickets to such a large number of Brahmin candidates, Mayavati has tried to make the upper castes feel that she values their votes,” a senior BSP leader said.
Sources said the decision to field such a large number of Brahmins is part of the BSP chief’s strategy to reap the maximum benefit out of her party’s growing influence over upper-caste voters while keeping her Dalit base intact.
“Neither the BJP nor the Congress has ever given so many tickets to Brahmins in the state,” the BSP leader said.
On the face of it, Mayavati’s generosity towards Brahmins might appear a little out of proportion. She has offered them nearly 23 per cent of the total party tickets though Brahmins account for only 9 per cent of heartland voters.
But, the sources pointed out, this 9 per cent could turn out to be crucial for Mayavati who seems to have realised that to grab power, she requires a “definite add-on” to her core base. In the BSP chief’s scheme of things, Brahmins could play this role.
For quite some time, the Brahmins have been showing signs of shifting towards the BSP, thus increasing the prospect of broadening the Dalit party’s social base. Sensing the change in the air, Mayavati, too, the sources said, started emphasising on setting up a caste-less society — “Samatamulak Samaj” — which would accommodate not only Dalits but also upper sections of the society. This was a complete departure from the party’s original troika of enemies — Brahmins, Baniyas and Thakurs.
Mayavati has justified her plans to associate with Brahmins, saying whoever deplores the caste system and helps her in empowering the downtrodden is welcome into her party. “It was also being felt that the Brahmins could be convincingly added to Mayavati’s kitty of voters if candidates belonging to this caste were considerable in number,” the BSP leader said.​

Comments....
http://samachar.com/showurl.php?rurl=http://www.telegraphindia
.com/1070305/asp/nation/story_7470263.asp&news=BSP,%20now%20the%20party%20for%20Brahmins&pubDate=Sun%2C+04+Mar++2007+20%3A21%3A05+GMT&keyword=telegraph_home

Last edited:
it is all about poppulation percentage and "natural" allies

It is because of the high poppulation percentage of brahmins in UP.

I think brahmins and dalits now share one commonality-- oppression by intermediate castes such as OBC/MBC.

Last edited:
The thread 'BSP, the party for brahmins' has been moved to this thread because the title is misleading, according to Kashyap.

Politics makes strange bedfellows.

What is wrong if Brahmins and Dalits join hands to get political mileage out of such alliance ?

In fact, this could steal the thunder from the other dominant caste based political alliances.

Absolutely

Politics makes strange bedfellows.

What is wrong if Brahmins and Dalits join hands to get political mileage out of such alliance ?

In fact, this could steal the thunder from the other dominant caste based political alliances.

I think Brahmin - Dalit alliance could result in Brahmins exposing the OBCs hollow claim of being the "saviour of dalits". I have a strong feeling that Brahmins are grossly mis understood by Dalits. It is the OBC clan which is refusing them opportunities & trying to encroach upon their rights by trying to project Dalit + OBC as "One block" so that 100% of the reservations can be enjoyed by the OBCs.

The OBCs have been brainwashing the "Dalits" while being the perpetretors of crimes against them. Also the media uses the word "upper castes" so loosely that Dalits often are led to believe that the perpetretors of crime are brahmins. This nexus of OBC - Dalit has to be broken.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr Balakrishnan

Did anyone notice that Justice Balakrishnan (a Dalit) was invited to the rationalist Stalin's birthday celebrations? Isn't it a coincidence that on the eve of some important verdicts on the part of the Supreme Court on the TN reservation issue that MuKa should graciously invite the Chief Justice of India? I wonder.

You bet !!!!!

Did anyone notice that Justice Balakrishnan (a Dalit) was invited to the rationalist Stalin's birthday celebrations? Isn't it a coincidence that on the eve of some important verdicts on the part of the Supreme Court on the TN reservation issue that MuKa should graciously invite the Chief Justice of India? I wonder.

Not only this, the "generous grant" of Rs. 50 Cr by MK for Madras Hight Court is also part of a carefully planned 'strategy'.

Having said this, i have high regards for the CJI, Hon'ble Justice Balakrishnan. More so, after having read his interviews in print media & seen on television. I am not sure how appropriate it is for CJI to take part in such "celebrations". Ofcourse there is always a case that he could have participated in his private capacity.

It is such a shame that the KKK parties (as you like to call them) emphasise on the Hon'ble CJI being a Dalit to the point of almost negating his impeccable credentials. Wonder who is keeping the caste alive here !!!!!

In one of the articles about the Hon'ble CJI, i read that he hails from the same place as Former President KRN who has "strong anti-brahmanical" views. One only hopes that Hon'ble CJI sees the "unreasonability" of the reservation system, on it's "delivery" thus far, the "aspirations" of millions of students", on whether this is the way to achieve a "level playing ground" & the impact of this move on the "economic progress".

I hope that Hon'ble CJI doesn't let the nation down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey

I just noticed I am a senior member now! I will congratulate myself. Ah, it's the little things I tell you.

Congrats ! but......

I just noticed I am a senior member now! I will congratulate myself. Ah, it's the little things I tell you.

Congratulations,

But it has taken you nearly 6 months to get to where you are today. This is not done by your high standards.....Now expecting your next 100 in double quick time.

I like your postings a lot & wish you could write more. If you wouldn't, the only problem is that guys like me will write more, which could be a double whammy !!!!

You would notice that "Kashyap" has blazed his way to Senior membership in just one month !!!!!

Kashyap - if you are in chennai, do you stay next to Kris Srikkanth's house or if you are in my city, surely, Robin Uthappa is your neighbour isn't it ?

Fascist parties

It is such a shame that the KKK parties (as you like to call them) emphasise on the Hon'ble CJI being a Dalit to the point of almost negating his impeccable credentials. Wonder who is keeping the caste alive here !!!!!

The reason I refer to these "rationalist" parties as the KKK parties is that just like the KKK (Ku-Klux-Klan, a Nazi party in America), these parties exhibit fascist tendencies and act towards Brahmanas and Dalits very similar to how the KKK advocates the oppression of Jews and Blacks.

A very close parallel.

it just happened.

You would notice that "Kashyap" has blazed his way to Senior membership in just one month !!!!!
?
It just happened. I only hope my postings can be of some value to others. Not sure if the number of postings should decide the membership role.

Kashyap - if you are in chennai, do you stay next to Kris Srikkanth's house or if you are in my city, surely, Robin Uthappa is your neighbour isn't it ?

It is neither presently.
If anyone, then it could only be Kevin Pietersen.

Last edited:
Member Emeritus?

Yours sincerely also has been promoted from Jr. Member to Member and thereafter to Sr. Member in a short time. I joined this forum sometime in early Jan this year.

But I echo the views of K, and feel that the quality of postings, innovative and freshness of approach and adaptability over dogmatism should be the criteria for deciding the member status.

The administrators should spare a thought on this issue and come out with a better mechanism of awarding membership status.

While we are on this issue, I admit that I have not been using the feature of 'rating a post'. Perhaps, this also could be used for awarding credit points.

How about introducing a new and exalted category of "Member Emeritus" ?

It just happened. I only hope my postings can be of some value to others. Not sure if the number of postings should decide the membership role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back