• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Who is really protecting what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Renuka,

"Ekam Sat Viprah Bahuda Vadanti"

Sat cannot exist in a culture of ignorance. I left because it disagrees with all reality and science. We say the paths to god are many and that is a beautiful statement but never convince yourself that fallacy is equivalent to truth just because of the mere fact that many people follow it. Truths are many yet so are lies. We may all claim universality but that which patently contradict Vedas ARE NOT Sat. They are Asat. The reality they lead to is Achit.

My Lord Nataraj dances on the back of amnesia and ignorance. I shall not condemn anyone but I will never lie and tell them they are correct. Such ambiguous approaches dilute Sanatana Dharma. The Dharma is different and therefore separate from our eternal way.

Hinduism is what it is - natural and organic. As in the natural organic world, things can go putrid, but nature always renews and regenerates herself. Like your mother, accept her with all her warts and woofs. You can always leave your mother, but no one would try to make her kowtow to suit their ego. If you think you can take it over to make it better, may be form a new cult, good luck. Even Jiddu Krishnamurthy couln't do it.

Dear Renuka,

"Ekam Sat Viprah Bahuda Vadanti"

Sat cannot exist in a culture of ignorance. I left because it disagrees with all reality and science. We say the paths to god are many and that is a beautiful statement but never convince yourself that fallacy is equivalent to truth just because of the mere fact that many people follow it. Truths are many yet so are lies. We may all claim universality but that which patently contradict Vedas ARE NOT Sat. They are Asat. The reality they lead to is Achit.

My Lord Nataraj dances on the back of amnesia and ignorance. I shall not condemn anyone but I will never lie and tell them they are correct. Such ambiguous approaches dilute Sanatana Dharma. The Dharma is different and therefore separate from our eternal way.

Dear Boston,

I liked your reply but personally I do not feel anything is Asat.

Verily everything is Truth(Sat) and Asat is not absence of truth but rather Truth not understood.
So do you think may be you should not reject Christianity?

Dear Renuka,

SatChitAananda is something easily gained. All people may attain it but never ever convince yourself that SatChitAananda equals Realization of Aatman and Moksha. We may all experience knowledge and blissful consciousness but that does not necessarily lead to Moksha and attainment of Devalokas. To not believe in Asat is to not believe in Sat. The very concept is dualistic in its nature. One cannot be attained without acknowledging the other. One cannot attain Sat unless they come from a place of Asat.

Dear Renuka,

SatChitAananda is something easily gained. All people may attain it but never ever convince yourself that SatChitAananda equals Realization of Aatman and Moksha. We may all experience knowledge and blissful consciousness but that does not necessarily lead to Moksha and attainment of Devalokas. To not believe in Asat is to not believe in Sat. The very concept is dualistic in its nature. One cannot be attained without acknowledging the other. One cannot attain Sat unless they come from a place of Asat.

I feel you are using "sat" and "asat" as antonyms. They are not. The opposite of "sat" is "anRtam". Asat has other meanings as per hinduism.

All the saivite, vaishnavite and other acharyas and mutts have long traditions, have very strict rules and basic principles which they will not violate. Kanchi periyavr has said in more then one occasion that he is only a custodian of the tradition he belongs to and has no authority to deviate or dilute it. So, he will not do that. But there may be other acharyas and mutts who follow a different set of rules. It is the western concept of equality that all have to follow the same thing, not so in sanatana dharma. It is not denial of equality, but equality of different kind. You will find that old mutts and their heads have protected their ways and traditions for thousands of years; new, modern acharyas, do it differently and this is not frowned upon. Our culture is not like Ford model T,all painted black with the same brush.

It is unfortunate that some expatriates have lost their moorings and shout as if they are the custodians of our multi faceted tradition and culture which will perish if their sane advice is not followed.

For those who accept (born) family values and traditions, this is not a problem. Others who want to enter with their own version of vistas must search and find a guru who who will provide the necessary guidance.

Some vaishnava acharyas refuse to do for brahmins from the same sub sect if the recipient does not meet the mutt's basic criteria - like sandhya vandana. The disciple is asked to come next year after doing sandhya regularly for one year.

Do we need a black Ford model T?

"That is my last post on this thread."

That is good news because you speak on what you do not know. The Kauai Aadhenam only trains priests from within it's sanyasins. Did you miss the part where I said "grihasta" ? No you didn't you just don't know what you are talking about.

"but you want to force your wish on others."

This is called "internet flame bait" it is something said meant to incite an argument. It won't really work on me I grew up on the Internet. Better luck next time and may your pride wane as your experience grows. Thank you for your input and thank you for stopping once you began simply trying to start an argument and stopped contributing.

Namaste Sir Prasad.

Last edited:
Boston,
and folks like me, who remain here in the forum, and who wish to reinvent ourselves and shed the albatrosses that have been passed on, and which we tambrams appear to bear, adamantly stubbornly stupidly, to our own detriment - are not well versed in our own heritage to accommodate your queries. so i squirm in discomfort, and have no succour for your predicament.

God Bless.
There you go. Why did you let go your natural instinct and style of 'liberating' and helping 'reinvent' people who have
'their head stuck in the sand' as your departed friends say, not being passed on to this person, but instead your heart beats to find the real answers?
i am very sorry sir, and really apologize to see you in such a predicament.
sentiment again. Is drama or Cinema your profession? If not, you look very promising ...

Namaste BostonSankara.

I come from a similar background as your own non-Indian, non-Hindu converted to Hinduism etc. If you are still interested in recieving upanayanam, I reccomend you take a trip to Winnipeg, Canada. Pundit Venkat Machiraju is the head priest at the Hindu Mandir there, and would gladly preform your upanayanam, as he has done so for me, despite my non-Indian non-Dwija birth.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Namaste Sri Baobabtree,

Aum Namah Sivaya!

Thank you so very much for your information. I will reach out to Pundit Venkat Machiraju Ji and begin a conversation to make this work out. While not quite the same I began a regular practice of chanting Aditya Hridayam at sandhya and while it certainly isn't the Sandhyavandhanam I really feel like it has had an incredibly positive impact on me and I cannot recommend the daily chanting of it highly enough. I plan on continuing the practice even after receiving upanayana. Thank you so much for sharing once again. I have been ill the past few days and this was a wonderful thing to hear. May you be blessed from within and without for the rest of your days.

Sincerely,
BostonSankara

Namaste BostonSankara.

I greatly appreciate the thanks, but in such auspicous activities I am not the doer, but an agent of the will of Ishwara. If praise need be given let it be to the one who's body is the whole universe, not a simple being who's presence is limited in this universe according to the constraints of time and space, and bound by the force of maya.

Good luck on your quest my friend.

Aum Namah Shivaya

I feel sorry that you are unable to join us, completely.

I faced a similar situation a few years ago, when I wanted to convert a muslim girl into a bramhin, but all my efforts went down the drain.

I was told that you can become a Brahmin only by birth and by no other means. I myself am looking for ways to get people of other religion to our stream.

I feel sorry that you are unable to join us, completely.

I faced a similar situation a few years ago, when I wanted to convert a muslim girl into a bramhin, but all my efforts went down the drain.

I was told that you can become a Brahmin only by birth and by no other means. I myself am looking for ways to get people of other religion to our stream.

Dear sir,

Why do you want to convert a muslim girl into a Varna?
When we try to convert anyone thats going againts our very own Sanathana Dharma.(I am not a Brahmin)

If we acknowledge that there is only one path,one religion or one varna to reach God the whole meaning of Ekam Eva Advaitam Brahman goes out the door.
All rivers flow to the sea.
Everything is Brahman there is no need for conversion.

A person of any faith is free to follow the tenets of any religion including Hinduism if he /she desires but they do not need to deny the existence of their original religion.

Actually I think Boston just wants to be able to do certain rituals..he is really not seeking to be in the Varna division.

Last edited:
Boston Sankara,

First and foremost why do you want the sacred thread? Who told you only through sacred thread/ upanayana things can be achieved? There have been so many many many many hermits, sages and rishis in this KARMA BHOOMI BHARAT HINDUSTAN India who did not wear sacred threads but have attained the highest stage of spirituality which is self realization.

Ramana Maharshi threw his sacred thread and attained the highest levels. It is very sad that u are blaming the followers of Lord Siva for this. We dont have a role in this.

LORD SHIVA accepts everyone. He accepted the one who did abhisekha to him with the water from the mouth and who gave meat as naiveidhyam to him.

Move away from all these religious stuff and see the SIVA in you.

Namaskarams,

Yes dear Shankar, Mr. Kameshratnam's words are 100% ratnams. He is showing you the right path. Do'nt think that only yagnopaveedam only will lead you to moksha. Sandhyavandanam is nothing but worship of Suryadeva and you are doing this already. Kindly do'not read adityahriudayam in the evenings. Besides you can do argyam to suryadeva. Here in North parts of India, everyone gives argyam to suryadeva in the mornings after their bath. They do not have the yagnopaveedam and they do not insist to have one. Bhakti in your heart is enough to attain the saayujya padavi. Do'not run behind all these rituals. concentrate on one God and you will be above all the Brahmins.

Anbudan
Adiyen

Boston Sankara,

First and foremost why do you want the sacred thread? Who told you only through sacred thread/ upanayana things can be achieved? There have been so many many many many hermits, sages and rishis in this KARMA BHOOMI BHARAT HINDUSTAN India who did not wear sacred threads but have attained the highest stage of spirituality which is self realization.

Ramana Maharshi threw his sacred thread and attained the highest levels. It is very sad that u are blaming the followers of Lord Siva for this. We dont have a role in this.

Kamesh Sir,

If One accepts the Hindu/Vedic dharma and the deities, one should equally follow its tenets (varnAsra dharma). Following what one is not obligated to and Not-following what karmAs one is obligated to (throwing away poonal/rituals), both are dis-obeying the vedic instructions. So, Just becos Ramana Maharishi impressed a bunch of followers in the false precincts of secularism/equality, that message cannot become authority!

LORD SHIVA accepts everyone. He accepted the one who did abhisekha to him with the water from the mouth and who gave meat as naiveidhyam to him.

These show dis-respect or dis-grace to the deities. We have to first accept that the material nature is temporary and impure. Everyone, is not exceptional like a couple parama-bhaktas. So, dont make wrong examples, a model!

Move away from all these religious stuff and see the SIVA in you

You cannot see any higher purpose without putting effort for those. So, one should perform karmas/pujas/worship , but do it 'RIGHTLY' as vedas/higher scriptures say. We are not abrahamic to see SIVA apart from from the material world (its associations) and our own jivas(its actions).

Last edited:
Namaskarams,

Do'nt think that only yagnopaveedam only will lead you to moksha. Sandhyavandanam is nothing but worship of Suryadeva and you are doing this already.

Mr BVR

How is that true? Every worship on any deity/natural source, is worshipping that Brahman as the source/antaryami of everything, but still salute the outer/gross forms of
natures or deities.

Plus,

First 3 varnas were allowed to wear the pavithram. If they are vegetarians and follow spiritual values, and wearing pavithram/tuft/veshti etc. help them focus on their
religious endeavour, they can go ahead (and if someone can initiate then). But, only true devotion and sincere following of karmas, owe more diligence/allegience to
their Bhakti.

Last edited:
I like the op of Mr. Boston,
What are we protecting?
I do not think anybody is barred from achieving their goal. I understand the problems for the temple priest, but if there is someone who is willing to initiate him, I wish him all the success.

Govinda jee,

I am not asking him to disobey vedic rituals. I am asking what is his need for a sacred thread? do you mean to say that only with sacred thread we can go near god or god will listen to us. Before Adi sankara, there were many who attained self realization.

In the 63 nayanmars how many wore the sacred thread?

THAN BRAHMINS and SACRED THREAD it is very easy for boston sankara to reach god.

Govinda jee,

I am not asking him to disobey vedic rituals. I am asking what is his need for a sacred thread? do you mean to say that only with sacred thread we can go near god or god will listen to us. Before Adi sankara, there were many who attained self realization.

In the 63 nayanmars how many wore the sacred thread?

THAN BRAHMINS and SACRED THREAD it is very easy for boston sankara to reach god.

I get what you are trying to convey sir.
No one is disrespecting Vedic Rituals but Self Realization is totally different from any set rules and regulations.

I always idolize Lord Buddha..He attained Self Realization without the need of external aids.
After all He was an Avatar so He came to show us the path.

Last edited:
No doubt Buddha is an avatar. According to him, all wrong things happen
because one is unable to control the mind. If the mind is reformed completely,
wrong things either can be curtailed or brought down to zero. Man should
have contentment and that is the greatest wealth and similarly faithfulness to
God is essential to obtain peace of mind.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back