• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Where to get Golu steps in Bangalore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Sri Sunder,

We purchased slotted angles with sheets and fixed the Kolu Padi as per our requirements.
They come in various sizes. You can get these atany shop which deal in iron furniture.
You can dismantle them once the Kolu is over, or you can use them for storage purposes.

Regards,

Thank You

Dear Sri Sunder,

We purchased slotted angles with sheets and fixed the Kolu Padi as per our requirements.
They come in various sizes. You can get these atany shop which deal in iron furniture.
You can dismantle them once the Kolu is over, or you can use them for storage purposes.

Regards,

Thank You

Sunder

I have seen some temples here do Gollu on Navaratri and the dolls can range from traditional ones,idols of goddesses and even Barbie dolls and cartoon character dolls.

What I cant understand why people even put Barbie Dolls, cartoon dolls and all sorts other dolls that do not represent any form of divinity.

I had a non hindu induvidual out here who strongly commented that why hindus even pray to Barbie dolls!!

Gollu looks fine but I feel it will look better if its limited to idols representing divinities only.

Dont know if I am right..welcome feedback on this.

Renu,

re your post # 7,

I see no harm in Barbie or even yendhiran in the kolu or even a galaxy of our movie stars from sivaji till surya or srividya to vidyabalan.

When I was growing up, apart from the deities, popular were chettiar stores, village scenes including railway stations.

Some more creative people, used to construct a little dam, pump up the water with a mini motor, have a flowing stream with boat traffic and what not! Real creative.

Later came meccano sets, lego sets and sometimes fancy science kits.

I think, the spirit of golu is more a social occasion, eat some sundal and keep an array of entertaining dolls or structures.

There was one man in my street, so involved in his wife’s golu (no daughters in this household), that each year he used to build elaborate structures like a small village, city, railway station or even a school to the miniaturest detail. Real fun to watch and comment, that even older males used to visit.
:)

Thematic golu is the order of the day.Present day golu reflects contemporary life
styles,culture,events,well known much talked about personalities in various spheresNo wonder if a golu is set up depicting Anna Hazare fasting or A.Raja cooling his
heels in jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back