• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Where In Your Body Is Your Soul?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

170521-moss-soul-tease_hdhufg

[h=4]PHOTO ILLUSTRATION BY ELIZABETH BROCKWAY/THE DAILY BEAST[/h]
For heart transplant recipients it’s hard to get away from the cultural baggage associated with the heart and the sense that something of ourselves is lost when we literally lose our own.

What’s most surprising about the search for the soul, is that we keep asking the same questions. We continue to wonder and worry about what makes us who we are and which parts of our body contribute to that sense of the soul, or me-ness.

Today, we spend billions of dollars on research to help explain how the human brain works in a quest to understand what makes us human. On the assumption that our brains and neural pathways make us who we are, Silicon Valley is trying to download consciousness into computers to achieve a sort of virtual immortality. But neither quantum physicists nor cognitive psychologists have definitively answered questions about the existence, composition, location, or even the necessity of the human soul.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/05/21/where-in-your-body-is-your-soul

I am starting to wonder if there is only The Universal Soul that animates everything and we are just having a temporary link to it hence we are alive.

Its as if we are logging into to the Universal Souls website to be animated/alive..hence the soul does NOT actually reside in our body.

The subtle body establishes the connection with the Universal Soul.

That way its Eka Atma Sarvabhuta "Antarajala" Atma.

Antarajala = internet.

All our personal karmic data is stored virtually like in Microsoft Cloud..aka Akashic Record.

When the connection to the Universal Soul gets disconnected when subtle body leaves the physical body ..death occurs.

But as long as the subtle body exists due to Karmic data in cloud..we continue to get a new physical body and die and live yet again and again.

Last edited:
Dear Renuka,

Soul is a higher energy because of the interconnections in the mind just as mind is a higher energy arising due to interconnections in the body.

Conceptually , the right thing to say is mind is the projection of soul and body is the projection of mind.

Universal soul is the Atman.

You are saying a similar thing and I call where all the karmic data is stored as jivatma.

Dear Renuka,

Soul is a higher energy because of the interconnections in the mind just as mind is a higher energy arising due to interconnections in the body.

Conceptually , the right thing to say is mind is the projection of soul and body is the projection of mind.

Universal soul is the Atman.

You are saying a similar thing and I call where all the karmic data is stored as jivatma.

No Sravna...I am not saying the same thing.

All I am saying is we are "logged" in to the Universal Website(Universal Soul) to animate our Mind and Body...the Jeevatma is actually our "username" at the Universal Website and the Karma is the data stored in Cloud.

I do not subscribe to the believe that mind is the projection of the soul and body is the projection of the mind.

No Sravna...I am not saying the same thing.

All I am saying is we are "logged" in to the Universal Website(Universal Soul) to animate our Mind and Body...the Jeevatma is actually our "username" at the Universal Website and the Karma is the data stored in Cloud.

I do not subscribe to the believe that mind is the projection of the soul and body is the projection of the mind.

Where does the mind come from?

Where does the mind come from?

The Mind is the Inner Instrument according to Philosophy as we know ..Manas,Buddhi,Chitta and Ahankara..it exists in the subtle body..again its animated by the connection to the Universal Website.

Its thorugh the Mind we create Karma.

According to medical science the mind is a function of the brain.

Renukaji,
I love your post#2.
It makes perfect sense to me.

Thank you Prasad ji..it just actually occurred to me only after I read your OP.

Dont know if its entirely right..but it made me think may be thats why Lord Buddha said there is no soul...its not as if He was denying its existence but it just seems to be there is ONLY the Universal Soul Website and all of us are just logged in.

The Mind is the Inner Instrument according to Philosophy as we know ..Manas,Buddhi,Chitta and Ahankara..it exists in the subtle body..again its animated by the connection to the Universal Website.

Its thorugh the Mind we create Karma.

According to medical science the mind is a function of the brain.

Renuka,

You have not answered my question. What is the origin of mind and how is it related to body?

Renuka,

You have not answered my question. What is the origin of mind and how is it related to body?

My answer is evident.
Everything in our system..from mind to head to toe are just apparatus for us to function.
Nothing more.

‘Manas’ is virtual. At-manas is extremely virtual.

If we look into cells, which are made of atoms, the nucleus of atoms are bound by ‘residual nuclear force’ which said to be mediated by 'virtual' pions. Thus the heart of the nucleus has ‘manas’. The electromagnetic field between protons and electrons is said to be mediated by virtual photons. The ‘heart’ of the atom has ‘manas’.

This 'electric charge' transport drives the body metabolism as well as- brain 'being alive' or conscious.

Our body cells, our brain and our thoughts are all facilitated by this electric signaling mediated by virtual photons. Our brain is dead if this force-mediation by ‘virtual’ photons do not happen.

This 'virtual' force mediation by virtual photons is consciousness (or being conscious). All matter and beings possess consciousness. Atoms, molecules, compounds, stones, mountains, everything possess consciousness.

‘Virtual’ here are particles that are off-the-shell (in quantum mechanics), those that do not obey the energy-momentum relationship. At-man are extremely virtual particles. They are extremely off the shell. Virtual particles are virtual to varying degree. That is they don't obey Energy-momentum relationship in varying degrees.

In quantum physics, virtual and extremely virtual particles can be either seen as ’our understanding gaps’ or ‘our modeling’ to understand how force mediation works. Manas and At-man can also be seen as ‘models’ or understanding gaps.

According to Nasadiya suktam we may never understand or only partly understand the Atman (whatever is extremely virtual).

Now how this relates to 'I', 'me' 'myself' kind of feelings we experience..? The point is that this feeling of ‘I’ could be an experience of all matter and not just living beings.

All the matter and beings possess the three 'gunas'. Sattva (ability to interact with/learn from different force-fields like Electromagnetic field, ability to evolve), Rajas (Motion, acceleration, movement control), Tamas (opposite of sattva/inability to interact with force-fields, procedural, follow the path, opposite to Rajas/ inability to move, heavy).

At first all these were in balance. Tamas cancels out Sattva and Rajas. But at some point Sattva, the ability to interact with different force-fields like electromagnetic field takes preponderance and hence evolution starts.

As the matter evolves from atoms to molecules to compounds to cells, the balance of these gunas becomes different in different entities. Every complex entity tends to have a particular guna combination.

What drives all these is the evolutionary zeal that is evident in the Universe. Tf Atman is extremely virtual, when that extremely virtual becomes real and evolves/expands, it is 'brahman'.

For eg., Sodium has a different guna combination than cholrine, sodium chloride has a different guna combination than sodium and chlorine. This unique guna combination of an entity is called the Mahat.

Since different entities have different guna combinations, they interact/react differently with other entities. This reacting differently leads to 'aham kAra', an internal identifiable property or 'sense of self' or 'ego' as a ‘whole’ for an entity.

This Aham-kAra, the internal property that rises in the interaction between entities, due to guna combination expressed as whole of the constituent components, differentiates an ‘entity’ from other entities. This Ahamkara rises in all matter forms and beings, in all entities when the entities react or interact.

But the way in which this Aham-kAra is expressed is limited in primitive forms of matter and wide in more complex forms of matter.

A stone has an Aham-kAra, an internal identifiable property or a sense of self or ego. But the way it can express that Aham-kAra is extremely limited and subdued. Hence it is not perceivable to others. In other words, it is dumb.

A bacteria has an internal identifiable property based on guna combination or Aham-kAra which is expressed in more ways than stone. Similarly a plant has more expression options than bacteria as it is more complex. Animals have much more expressing options as they are more complex.

Humans at the top of evolutionary chain in Planet Earth have a lot lot more options to express their internal identifiable property or ego or ‘sense of self’ when they interact.

For eg. your brain or heart or lungs or liver or kidney has their own Aham-kAras in their interactions. Together as a co-ordinated being, there is an aham-kAra for you as a person which is the combination of all these aham-kAras.

Since the seat of thinking, or electric signaling mediated by virtual photons is in your brain, you think aham-kAra raises from your brain. It does not. It is all over you. The brain organ facilitates to express that aham-kAra through motor actions and vocal responses.

Ultimately all the thoughts are electric signal mediated by virtual (manas) photons. Humans have simply more ways to express aham-kAra. They have more capabilities to modify/influence their immediate environment. They have more capabilities to move around and explore.

Due to these they think that ‘they’ should be greater than what their body and physics/chemistry of the body is. They try to relate themselves to the forces that evolved this universe and be immortal ( or long lasting) like these forces..

And that’s how this question comes in..

"Cogito ergo sum" is a Latin philosophical proposition by René Descartes usually translated into English as "I think, therefore I am". The phrase originally appeared in French as je pense, donc je suis in his Discourse on the Method, so as to reach a wider audience than Latin would have allowed. It appeared in Latin in his later Principles of Philosophy. As Descartes explained, "we cannot doubt of our existence while we doubt....".
Language and our understanding have its limitation. Every thing what we perseve or experience cannot be proved scientifically. Science can try to answer "how", but cannot find an answer for "Why" for many things we observe or experience. Knowledge has its limitations.
Another famous philosopher Ludwig Wittgenstein said "The limits of my language means the limits of my world."

Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back