• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

When will Delhi become safer for a girl like me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

V.Balasubramani

[h=1]When will Delhi become safer for a girl like me?[/h]Dear chief minister, lieutenant governor and police commissioner

You run the city I grew up in. You must be familiar with all corners of the Capital but I want to tell you something that you can never experience for yourself.

One night while I was walking towards Pragati Maidan after a hectic day at work, I was regretfully carefree. A smirking teenager, with unkempt hair, was coming from the opposite side, like a hundred others going in and out of the Metro station. All of a sudden he pinched my breast and sprinted away. I shrieked. My eyes welled up. My colleague looked at me. So did the pedestrians around. The unlit stretch under Tilak Bridge made sure they had seen nothing. “He tried to snatch my bag,” I said and walked on. I had no guts to tell I was molested by a young boy, a stone’s throw from the Police

Headquarters.

That was three years ago. I haven’t walked that road again. But I still talk about it whenever my women colleagues discuss Delhi.

“Many years ago, I had to jump off a moving bus when a man dressed for office, carrying a briefcase, flashed at me. I broke my leg but couldn’t say a word,” a senior colleague once narrated, giving goose bumps to the new kids.

Read more at: http://www.hindustantimes.com/delhi...irl-like-me/story-5XgFBEpG9iBTFsPrFiGbDJ.html

hi

in many metros are same as in delhi.....neither mumbai/chennai /kolkata safe....this is just media hype....

We are a sex starved nation.

When normal avenues for communicaton and friendship between sexes is totally absent in metros, what are people expected to do?

They engage in crazy behaviour like brushing against women , passing lewd comments etc.

Policemen are no better. They also belong to lowest strata of society.

They remain spectators and also join in eve teasing

Very sad.

When will Delhi become safer?

Why the security of Tihar Jail is managed by Tamil Nadu Police for a long time. Anybody any idea?

Safety is a matter of feeling

Only outsiders from north east, foreigners and first time visitors need to worry

Locals including women know what not to do and what places to avoid.

Tamil nadu police are preferred as they do not make a nexus with criminals lodged there.partly they are unfamiliar with the local language and that is half the

advantage.

First of all why disrespect a woman, which is the root cause for all such unethical activities.

When these men of Delhi are going to come out of outdated patriarchal mindset?

Is Delhi girls are afraid of retaliation?

Do they don’t know the techniques of discouraging men trying such acts?

They don’t have any idea of pepper spray, etc?

So it amounts that Delhi is made as a cake walk for criminals to commit offences against women.

Who are responsible for this state of affair?

What is the role of society?

It seems going by the postings that somehow one member wish that Delhi remains so. Shame indeed.

No one is out to reform the world.

It is stupid to do that.

One should learn to integrate with society around and live peacefully.

Delhi girls are smarter than their counterparts elswhere.

They know what to do to ward off undue attention

Being a criminal is no cakewalk . It is risky and only those who are bright do well.

Society role is to scream periodically and go on with life

Senior people had their chance to reform the world for 50 plus years.

They only made it worse.

The new generation will do what it can to make it better.

So let us be mature and enjoy life around us instead of being crusaders and get hated by near and dear ones for the balance life

Who wants nasty old men around?

Grave is full of people who tried to reform the world around them and were despatched there prematurely

It will be certainly stupidity to sleep over burning issues.

This is the ground reality

If one State sleeps over such social evils, the rate will only grow alarmingly.

Ofcourse, irresponsible member may not bother about women safety or about the increase in the rate of offences against women .

But one has to accept the fact and try to think about the remedial measures instead of writing replies without application of mind.

Of course, grave is also full of alleged radicals who failed to reform themselves or the world around them and were despatched there prematurely with all deserving honours.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Believe It or Not: Crimes Against Women in Delhi Up by 50 Per Cent'

By Vasundara R, Team iDiva | posted Aug 12th 2015 at 7:16PM

rape-justice-lead-edited1.jpg

Delhi continues to climb the charts of crime even today. In the last two months, the crime graph of Delhi has shown a steep rise. Crimes against women have increased by almost 50 per cent.

According to data of Delhi Police, in the last two months seven rape cases, 16 molestation cases and about two murders were registered.

As usual, every time crime rates rise, the police claim that these figures are an indication that every case is getting registered.

"These figures clearly show that Delhi Police are doing truthful registration and we are registering every case, which needs to be registered," Delhi Police Public Relations Officer Rajan Bhagat told Mail Today.

Until May 31, Delhi Police registered 820 cases of rape in various police stations across the capital. But in the last two months this figure shot up by 50 per cent and touched the 1,222 mark till July 31. What's more, in the last two months, one woman was molested every two hours.

Last year, Delhi witnessed an alarming increase of 99.22 per cent in crime in the year of 2014 over the previous year, which included an 18.3 percent rise in crimes against women. But even at that time, the police chief said this was because his force was now registering every case.

Read more at: http://www.idiva.com/opinion-work-l...nst-women-in-delhi-up-by-50-per-cent/15081225

Courtesy: idiva.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Rapes were always happening and brushed under the carpet as in chennai and now they are getting registered.

But conviction rates are not high .

No sense in getting over worked .

Unless the needs of aspirational poor are met to a large degree , this kind of behaviour cannot be reduced..

Rapes were always happening and brushed under the carpet as in chennai and now they are getting registered.

But conviction rates are not high .

No sense in getting over worked .

Unless the needs of aspirational poor are met to a large degree , this kind of behaviour cannot be reduced..

Some who consider this Forum activity as FULL TIME PASSION, come here to blabber with umpteen number of postings from dawn to dusk.

Most of his versions can be substantiated with facts and figures.

There is National Crime Record Bureau governing the entire nations crime records. Responsible member members with fair judgement will consider such data before posting texts. But member with poor back ground and troubled conscience will don't bother about anything and type out thoughts of their mind which reflects that of a dream world wanderer mostly.

Such members have a tendency to write postings out of imagination and not either based on facts or logic

Such postings are nothing but trash and richly reserves to be destined to DUSTBIN.

Elaborating further,
Molesting take place both within the home and outside in public area.

In public space, activities like passing comments, inappropriate touching are done even by so called respectable people.

Crimes like rape in public is mostly by the poor who mostly get caught.

In privates space, molesting is either by servants looking after kids, relatives , neighbours.Those by relatives are hushed up mostly.

The worst kind is marital rape against which there are no laws.

So one can see there are various degrees, types of molesting and rape.

We can close our eyes to what is happening and feel smug that it is not there.

Or feel revolted and refuse to believe it or run down someone who talks about it.

No sense in talking about numbers . Even if it is one , then it can hardly be condoned.

In view of sensitivity of this issue I prefer not to discuss further .

In posting No.3, you have stated that
“We are a sex starved nation”

Can you prove this?

Of course there are lot of nations which tops in crime against women. But there are countries where minimum number of offences are reported. Instead of accepting the fact, you seems to have taken a stand to defend this rape capital.

In posting No.5 you have stated that
“Locals including women know what not to do and what places to avoid.” If that is case, why some of the victims, who are also local failed to avoid reporting of such offences?

And in posting No. 9 you have reported that “
Rapes were always happening and brushed under the carpet as in Chennai and now they are getting registered”

Can you prove any single case of rape that happened at Chennai and brushed under the carpet?

For your information, Chennai Police comes under the jurisdiction of Tamil Nadu Police and the Minister for Home Department is none else than our Hon’ble Chief Minister. If there are any lapse, it affects her administration.

And you have been appreciating her Administration as ‘Excellent’; which goes against your own statement.

All these statements of yours are serious in nature and have absolutely no sense and basis.

I would advice you to take care while commiting such vague allegations in black and white in future.

Last edited by a moderator:
[h=1]Three years after Delhi gangrape, women's safety has not improved in national capital: Activists[/h]
New Delhi: Women activists say "nothing much has changed" when it comes to safety of women in the national capital since the tragic 16 December gangrape case three years ago which shook the nation and led to a massive public outcry forcing Parliament to enact a new anti-rape law.

"What has changed in Delhi? Do we have lesser rapes now? Has the security system been strengthened? Have the convicts of brutal gangrape been hanged? Definitely, the Nirbhaya gangrape trigerred a huge outcry but where are the results," said Ranjana Kumari, activist and Director, Centre for Social Research.

"The nation is yet to see the 'hanging' of the convicts and to believe the fact that the ones contributing to violence against women will be severely punished and the situation 'changed VS not changed' will continue till strong examples are set that the accused will not be spared," she added.

Read more at: http://www.firstpost.com/india/thre...not-improved-in-national-capital-2546706.html

[h=1]Let’s be angry, let’s act[/h][h=2]Three years later, December 16 reminds us that we need to make our streets and systems more gender-friendly.[/h]
On December 16 three years ago, Delhi’s collective memory was forever scarred by the brutal gangrape and subsequent death of a 23-year-old woman in a moving bus. As a mark of her fearless struggle, the world called her Nirbhaya, so she would never fall into the realm of the mundane. But the statistical reality is that in Delhi, rape is mundane. According to the National Crime Records Bureau, there were 2,096 rape cases in the city in 2014. However, the year recorded a pitiful nine convictions in all cases of crimes against women. While women remain locked up in their homes for fear of their safety, rapists roam free in the capital of the world’s largest democracy.

Not much has changed since December 16, 2012. As we sat down to write this, we received news of a four-year-old child in a critical condition after being raped brutally. She is Nirbhaya. At the Delhi Commission for Women (DCW), we act on trafficking cases almost daily. Every rescued woman carries the burden of having been repeatedly raped and tortured. They are all Nirbhayas. Delhi is stained with blood, tears and the guilt of inaction.

See more at: http://indianexpress.com/article/op...-lets-be-angry-lets-act/#sthash.m3wiY2Ga.dpuf

[h=1]How safe is Delhi for women? An average of 100 gangrapes reported every year after December 16 incident[/h]Almost 116 such cases were registered in 2013 and in the year 2014 the number stood at 117.

It has been three years since a young physiotherapy student was brutally gangraped in the heart of national capital on December 16, often remembered as 'Black Day'. The incident that shook the world was also a grim reminder of howwomen do not feel safe in the Delhi streets.

Three years on, as iamin reviews the crime statistics, not much has changed for lakhs of women residing in Delhi. In fact, rapecases have gone up, according to figures revealed by Delhi police.

Read more at: http://www.dnaindia.com/delhi/repor...every-year-after-december-16-incident-2156507

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back