• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

What is the name of Almighty and how He looks like ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no need for you to throw the PARAS MANI as yet. But at least start with your pAdha-dhUli (specks of dust of your feet) for starters. All would be benefitted.

By repeatedly asking the ill-informed/little-informed/un-informed members (like me) to come up with the idea, you are placing yourselves in the place of electricity waiting to pass through on pushing of the switch. Instead be like the lightning or thunderbolt of Indra and smash the ignorance all around.

Dear Zebra16,

My first lesson is to go through Rig Veda chapter by chapter, read it carefully, understand the meaning of each and every word, enjoy the hymns, speak clearly in loving voice with right pronunciation.

Dear Manwar,

Music is my forte! I think it is the easiest way to reach God. So, I have forgotten what all I learnt in my masters in Math and

teach music to anyone who is able to grasp at least 50% of what I teach. There are people like Renu, my sis VR and a few

others who can raise to your level of discussion.

Best wishes......... :)

Dear Raji,

It's great to know that you are already blessed one. Music is one of the purest form to reach God...BTW,which God ?
There, knowledge about God comes in between.
Raji, you have to think more as what best you can do to know right God ?
You have ready made plate-form to take off but along with your music take U-Turn and be blissful ! I know for sure that you are doing penance for right God but knowing His manifestations in details, you will go deeper and deeper into it. You will be ever blissful ! You will see, life is so beautiful !!!

Dear Manwar,

If you can have a seance with Ravi Varma may be you can know how the Ultimate God looks like.

You see cos most of the impression of Goddesses/God we have in our brain are becos of Ravi Varma's painting.

SESHNARAYAN.jpg

Dear Manwar,

If you can have a seance with Ravi Varma may be you can know how the Ultimate God looks like.

You see cos most of the impression of Goddesses/God we have in our brain are becos of Ravi Varma's painting.

SESHNARAYAN.jpg

Dear Renu,

Followers of Shri Vishnu think Shri Vishnu is the only Almighty, but how ?

Followers of Shri Sada Shiva think Shri Sada Shiva is the only Almighty, but how ?

There is no third debate any where in sanatan dharma !

Who shall clarify it ?...The answer is Veda....That is why, I said read Rig Veda chapter by chapter first...

There is no need for you to throw the PARAS MANI as yet. But at least start with your pAdha-dhUli (specks of dust of your feet) for starters. All would be benefitted.

By repeatedly asking the ill-informed/little-informed/un-informed members (like me) to come up with the idea, you are placing yourselves in the place of electricity waiting to pass through on pushing of the switch. Instead be like the lightning or thunderbolt of Indra and smash the ignorance all around.
dear zebra !
thanks for expressing on behalf of many.i am simply reading the post of Smt .renuka &sri.Manwar with out knowing the essence in it. as sri .manwar said he was confused after reading many scripts,he wants clarification from more learned man.
we pray that his enlightenment will show correct direction for also. the man in grandfa age wants knowledge from younger generation (father learned pranava mantram from His son -SWAMINATHAN)
guruvayurappan

Dear Renu,

Followers of Shri Vishnu think Shri Vishnu is the only Almighty, but how ?

Followers of Shri Sada Shiva think Shri Sada Shiva is the only Almighty, but how ?

There is no third debate any where in sanatan dharma !

Who shall clarify it ?...The answer is Veda....That is why, I said read Rig Veda chapter by chapter first...

Dear Manwar,

Hey why you left Allah and Jehovah out?

You see that's the best part of God...He responds to every name.
Why should anyone clarify?
Ignorance is Bliss!!LOL

Dear Manwar,

Hey why you left Allah and Jehovah out?

You see that's the best part of God...He responds to every name.
Why should anyone clarify?
Ignorance is Bliss!!LOL

Hi Renu,

I said, I have practical experience which implies I have clearly understood and heard the Almighty manifestations from the God's VOICE.

Allah is HIS name in different language, Jehovah is HIS name in other language, similarly we call in Veda, Parmatma or Parmeshwar.

In Sanatana dharma there is huge confusion.

So, Ignorance is no excuse !!!

....... It's great to know that you are already blessed one. Music is one of the purest form to reach God...BTW,which God ? ....
Dear Manwar,

Thank you! I am repeating what I wrote to Ashok. I strongly believe that there is a Shakthi which is guiding and protecting us

and that is GOD. Since we can not concentrate and pray to something which does not have any form, humans created Gods

and Goddesses, according to their imagination. We are given lots of choices to select our God / Goddess. Don't you think so?

Now, we have many sets of dress in different colors and designs but we like almost all of them. A few persons choose ONLY

one color and wear the same all the time! My uncle was always seen in white and nicknamed 'white uncle' by my tiny tot

nephew. Similarly we can like all Gods / Goddesses OR select only one and adore.

Lord Ganesha is my favorite God but I like Shiva, AmbaL, Murugan, Krishna, Balaji, Rama - Sita, AnjanEya too! Sometimes, I feel goose bumps and tear fills my eyes due to bhakthi, when I sing. ( I am happy that others don't cry, listening to me!! :pound:)

Talking of Gods..... I wish to share a scary experience.

When I was in college, five of us were very close friends - three of us Iyers, one Iyangar and one Christian. I wanted to impress

my friend with a song and sang 'Lead kindly light' during a prayer. OMG! She fainted!! Later on, I was told that the song was

sung to pray for her uncle's soul to :rip: !!!

This is my favorite Krishna! ......... my skype image.. :)

krishna-cow.jpg

Dear Raji,

I appreciate your feelings and that is how every Hindu think. What Lord Krishna preaches us ? Lord Krishna also advocated as how to find Almighty in Bhagwat Gita ! So, read carefully with commentaries by great scholar, you will have sound knowledge. With out right knowledge and direction, you are standing on cross road !
So, this post is primarily to remove confusions, pray and concentrate on only ONE in order to retain ever lasting peace and joy.

Dear Manwar,

Thank you! I am repeating what I wrote to Ashok. I strongly believe that there is a Shakthi which is guiding and protecting us

and that is GOD. Since we can not concentrate and pray to something which does not have any form, humans created Gods

and Goddesses, according to their imagination. We are given lots of choices to select our God / Goddess. Don't you think so?

Now, we have many sets of dress in different colors and designs but we like almost all of them. A few persons choose ONLY

one color and wear the same all the time! My uncle was always seen in white and nicknamed 'white uncle' by my tiny tot

nephew. Similarly we can like all Gods / Goddesses OR select only one and adore.

Lord Ganesha is my favorite God but I like Shiva, AmbaL, Murugan, Krishna, Balaji, Rama - Sita, AnjanEya too! Sometimes, I feel goose bumps and tear fills my eyes due to bhakthi, when I sing. ( I am happy that others don't cry, listening to me!! :pound:)

Dear Raji,

Human creation called artificial which exists for short time ! God's creation is everlasting !
Almighty is formless but in a certain way ! It is not blank !
That is what needed to be discovered.

Read Rig Veda chapter by chapter...you shall find the right answer .

Almighty is formless but in a certain way ! It is not blank !

LOL!!! and this is the same Manwar who keeps asking us how God looks like and what is His name.
I hope you don't ask us God's handphone number soon.

Manwar,

He is one and one forever remaineth alone;believe it.
There is no second in God

(Atharva 13.5.20)

Ok now compare with this:

La ilaha illa 'llah
http://www.surrenderworks.com/library/esoterics/kalimah.html

"La ilaha illa 'llah" is the essence of the matter, a simple but profound summary of the "Knowledge of God". It is the essence (and practice) of the annihilation of falsehood. It is both a statement of Divine Truth, and a lesson on how to know it. It means that there IS ONLY Allah, and demonstrates that the quickest way to "know" the Unity is to deny all else.

I could not help comparing the similarity and the Neti Neti concept.(the quickest way to "know" the Unity is to deny all else.)

LOL!!! and this is the same Manwar who keeps asking us how God looks like and what is His name.

Dear Renu,

Your observation is still incomplete ! Right formless form, is yet to be uncovered as it is not blank !

Dear Renu,

Your observation is still incomplete ! Right formless form, is yet to be uncovered, as it is not blank !

Manwar,

He is one and one forever remaineth alone;believe it.
There is no second in God

(Atharva 13.5.20)

Ok now compare with this:

I could not help comparing the similarity and the Neti Neti concept.(the quickest way to "know" the Unity is to deny all else.)

Dear Renu,

Islam theory is same as I said earlier in post, HE got many names.
Now,In Vedas, to the benefit of all human beings, Ultimate god also taken the form later, what is that form ?

Dear Manwar,

Dear Raji,

I am deeply concern about your way of Bhakti ! You are into music and that is the purest form to appease God ! Without Ganesh Vandana, you can not start your Bhakti sanjeet. That is the ORDER of Parmatma and Vedas ! You have to appease all respective God/Goddess and without that your bhakti is incomplete.
Take the example of Hawan-sacred fire, all Gods/Goddess are invoked and their share is given and that is how smaller devi and devta get their meal to nourish themselves.
So, you are on the way and rather middle of way along with you sanjeet but you need further innovation to attain ultimate God to know HIS reality in totality.

Without knowing Him fully nobody can attain salvation !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back