• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

What is the name of Almighty and how He looks like ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Manwar,

Guess what!! I just typed the word GOD in Google Images and this is what I found.
You_GodB.png

The Supreme, which we call as Brahman, is formless and has no name.
This is Nirguna Brahman. Devoid of names, forms, attributes.

Saguna Brahman has verious forms and names. In fact, all the names and
forms are HIs.

You can see Him in various forms = half lion/half man ; fish ; boar ; a miniature
figure of Vamana, Rama, and Lord Krishna in all His glory with the entire
prapancha and creations in Him. This is the form He showed to Arjuna.

About names, He is known by many names like what you have in Vishnu
sahasranama, Lalitha sahasranama and various ashtothras.

All forms and names ae His. You can call Him Krishna, Rama, Shiva, Parvathi,
Lakshmi, Saraswathi or Jesus Christ or Allah.

howe can god ask itself? ,what is its name? the one asking itself is god, god is not a mirror but reflects & that's god, ...
bhagavath gita ..quote...
please close your eyes, sit still, what u feel is me.,

The Supreme, which we call as Brahman, is formless and has no name.
This is Nirguna Brahman. Devoid of names, forms, attributes.

Saguna Brahman has verious forms and names. In fact, all the names and
forms are HIs.

You can see Him in various forms = half lion/half man ; fish ; boar ; a miniature
figure of Vamana, Rama, and Lord Krishna in all His glory with the entire
prapancha and creations in Him. This is the form He showed to Arjuna.

About names, He is known by many names like what you have in Vishnu
sahasranama, Lalitha sahasranama and various ashtothras.

All forms and names ae His. You can call Him Krishna, Rama, Shiva, Parvathi,
Lakshmi, Saraswathi or Jesus Christ or Allah.

Dear NRR,

You are approaching very close to name of the Omnipotent Almighty ! You said Nirgun Brahamn but there is one more word to add in it.

dear brother,
thanks & it was enlightening,

reasoning & judgement to decide further course of action are human characters which paves prosperous constructivity if applied on true oneself, but it's unfortunately applied on other than oneself causing incessant chaos,for one can't expect pleasure to prevail by being melancholic,

bless u peace & eternal happiness, loving sudhakar .

dear brother,
thanks & it was enlightening,

reasoning & judgement to decide further course of action are human characters which paves prosperous constructivity if applied on true oneself, but it's unfortunately applied on other than oneself causing incessant chaos,for one can't expect pleasure to prevail by being melancholic,

bless u peace & eternal happiness, loving sudhakar .

Thanks for your suggestions and great wishes !!!

If you do good deeds for other people, you end up yourself healing too.

Because a dose of love is the best spiritual cure !!!

This topic has been discussed by everyone at length in the earlier threads.
It has been generally brought out nicely and has been explained in depth.
Yet, I would like to add it in a sentence .. Being omnipotent having absolute
and unlimited power ..
Normally, voice of our atman soul residing in our heart, always indirectly
prompts us to go by the right path, but to follow or not to follow, is the
preregotive of a person or an individual physical self - purely depends upon the
Karma.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

This topic has been discussed by everyone at length in the earlier threads.
It has been generally brought out nicely and has been explained in depth.
Yet, I would like to add it in a sentence .. Being omnipotent having absolute
and unlimited power ..
Normally, voice of our atman soul residing in our heart, always indirectly
prompts us to go by the right path, but to follow or not to follow, is the
preregotive of a person or an individual physical self - purely depends upon the
Karma.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Dear Bala,

Your Atma and my Atma and others atma are the same or they are altogether different ?:focus:

Dear Mr Manwar

If you start this topic, we may have to dwell in it at length. I understand your spirit
and curiosity in getting to know about it. It is generally said that Atma is all-pervading.
You may agree that there is only common feature for all living things in the Universe and
that is the eternal spirit. The Atma, which is present in everyone, experiences the world
only with the assistance of organ of ours. Whether a person is in dreaming stage, walking
stage and deep sleep stage, Atma remains unchanged. There is an article on this topic.
I suggest you may kindly browse www.sssbpt.info/summershowers/ss1977/ which
elaborates the matter in detail. Hope the same will give you an answer.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Dear Mr Manwar

If you start this topic, we may have to dwell in it at length. I understand your spirit
and curiosity in getting to know about it. It is generally said that Atma is all-pervading.
You may agree that there is only common feature for all living things in the Universe and
that is the eternal spirit. The Atma, which is present in everyone, experiences the world
only with the assistance of organ of ours. Whether a person is in dreaming stage, walking
stage and deep sleep stage, Atma remains unchanged. There is an article on this topic.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Bala sir,

Have fun..you will know eventually why I am saying this!!LOL

Dear Mr Manwar

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Unluckily the link suggested by you is giving errors. BTW, why we hate others, since every Atma is same !

Bala sir,

Have fun..you will know eventually why I am saying this!!LOL

Madam, I can put it like this - Atma is higher self, which is disambiguous
from which all Souls derive. Further, to be more precise, I add that Atma
means Soul and Paramatma means Supreme Soul, which is God. Atma
is within us, i.e. our Soul and Paramatma is Supreme of all Souls, God.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

each jivatma is unique and different and are infinite jivatmas.

"I am not this"--as declared by Sruti Bhagwati :

The Sruti (Veda) declares: "Aham ethath na" (I am not this). The Sruti teaches in this statement that the "I" is different from the form. The Sruti also teaches the profound truth about Sat-Chit-Ananda (Being-Awareness-Bliss).

In the statement, "I am not this," there are three distinct terms: “I," "am not," and "this." What is the "I"? On the authority of the Vedas, the "I" has been described under various names as Atma, Brahmam, Paramatma, Pratyagaatma, and the like.

It must be noted that this "I" is present in every man as Vaiswaanara. In the form of Vaiswaanara, the "I" principle digests the food taken by a person and, converting into blood, circulates it to every part of the body.

Thus, in the Gita, Krishna declared:

"Aham Vaiswaanaro Bhutvaa praaninaam dehamaasritah : Praanaapaana
Samaayuktah Pachaamyannam chaturvidham"

(Assuming the form of Vaiswaanara, I enter the bodies of all living beings and through the life-breaths of Prana and Apaana consume the four kinds of food). "I am present as Vaiswaanara in every human being," declares the Lord.

The significance of the term Paramatma is that He is the one who transcends the senses of action and perception, the mind, intellect, will and Ahamkara (the ego).

The Paramatma Principle is envisaged as Brahmam (the Supreme Absolute). Brahmam is characterised by all-pervasiveness.

The "I" principle is present in every human being. This omnipresent "I" is Brahmam. "I" is, therefore, a manifestation of Brahmam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back