• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

what is Tamil Brahmin "CULTURE"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't bother to respond to those who have their own conclusions. Otherwise it would mockery of myself by myself!
i have no conclusions.

am making an offer to discuss your results openly. When you have your result itself where is the need for MY or YOUR conclusion?

also, please do not imagine stuff on mockery. already your comments have folks in splits of laughter. unfortunately, teens know all forms of lineage, evolutionary, basal, peripheral, in high school itself these days...they know better than adults who did not study such stuff in their school days.

Last edited:
I don't bother to respond to those who have their own conclusions. Otherwise it would mockery of myself by myself!

Dear Ravi,

I know this post is not directed towards me...but I can't understand this line of yours

I don't bother to respond to those who have their own conclusions.

As far as I know the function of the Manas is to convey random inputs to the Buddhi and the Buddhi makes the conclusion finally..which we call Conclusive Thoughts.

So each and every human has a conclusion before we speak or voice our opinion..so going by that logic..that means there is no one for you to ever respond to including yourself cos even you would have come to a conclusion before you wrote that line down!LOL

Ok coming to the second half of your statement:

Otherwise it would mockery of myself by myself!

This is fine..in fact it is very "Geetaish" that is Lord Krishna did say that only Self can uplift Self and do not let Self degrade Self..Self can be our friend and also our enemy.

So since your second half of the stanza makes some sense..so we can just overlook the first half.

Last edited:
Dear Sri Sangom Ji, Sir,

I do not understand this post, even though I have gone over it many times.

Can you give me some examples on 'traits, inclinations and tendencies' at least for our community that are unique?

Please tell me also what 'external culture' with examples.

I can then respond to your post properly.

Regards,
KRS

I thought it was simple. A person has two distinct aspects —one, the purely external, surface-oriented and, two, the internal and more real person. (I have read somewhere "when you talk to an american you are actually talking to his agent.", meaning that most Americans put up an exterior front which may not correspond to his real personality.)

Thus, people may become americanized, tamilized, etc., just for the externalities only although inside such exteriors, a different sort of person will reside. I believe that when our expat friends tell that they follow the Indian/Tabra culture, values etc., even though they are living in another continent, they are referring to this inside personality and not to the "foreignized" exterior person which corresponds, to some extent, to the term "agent" used in the above quote.

I thought it was simple. A person has two distinct aspects —one, the purely external, surface-oriented and, two, the internal and more real person. (I have read somewhere "when you talk to an american you are actually talking to his agent.", meaning that most Americans put up an exterior front which may not correspond to his real personality.)

Thus, people may become americanized, tamilized, etc., just for the externalities only although inside such exteriors, a different sort of person will reside. I believe that when our expat friends tell that they follow the Indian/Tabra culture, values etc., even though they are living in another continent, they are referring to this inside personality and not to the "foreignized" exterior person which corresponds, to some extent, to the term "agent" used in the above quote.

Spot on, Sir!!!

If I go on with my elaboration, there will be big hue and cry over here. This would lead to lots of unrest and pains to many members.

I wish, I have your caliber to put my views across, properly in English! If I fail to express clearly, members hear, instead of asking for clarification, would go on establishing stupidity in my points. I don't mind if some one consider me a stupid! I am more than Happy that way. But, it would make me restless and uneasy unless I could make attempts over attempts to convey what I wanted to. This would take away lots of my time and energy that I can not spare much.

I am not learned in genetics, but when some people can accept spiritual body, karmic body etc., is it not possible to have a spiritual gene, karmic gene which passes on some specific traits. Just my thoughts!

Dear Ravi,

As far as I know the function of the Manas is to convey random inputs to the Buddhi and the Buddhi makes the conclusion finally..which we call Conclusive Thoughts.

So each and every human has a conclusion before we speak or voice our opinion.

Not always. That is why we have phrases like "I have an open mind", "I am ready to listen etc."

In fact all conclusions are PROVISIONAL, that is why humans keep making further progress,

Not always. That is why we have phrases like "I have an open mind", "I am ready to listen etc."

In fact all conclusions are PROVISIONAL, that is why humans keep making further progress,

Dear Zebra ji,

I agree with you to a major extent.

But to tell you the truth when many people say 'I have an open mind" they actually mean their mind is open to only what they want to hear.

And when some say "I am ready to listen" believe me even I myself say these words 'I am ready to listen" and just don't pay attention!LOL

Re: Kunjuppu Post # 121: I think you came between the archer and his aim so to say. Yes change is permanent. An inert stone gathers dust if not more stones. Between the past and the change there is transition that should not be ridiculed. If the world is to be ruled by a cent per cent disciplinarian, a few of us should have retired to Himalayas causing more melting. But if you say that a few who are reluctant to kick the past back are hypocrites and people of vanity, you (again not you or anybody) tend to imply that they should be sent to mental asylum. Change is an uninterrupted and continuous process taking place on itself. Unless there is a stampede what is the use of regulating policeman. Being at a salubrious climate you do not tire easily by fast changes, but here in the humid conditions we tire by thinking only. We will catch up with you or in the cyclical run we will meet at camp No 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back