• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

What does your forum name mean ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a popular topic in all the forums.

Some of us are pretty obvious, but others' names are gnomic, obscure, and weird.

About my name. Nacchinarkiniyan. It is quite a familiar name. I would say it is a dreaded name as any Tamil student who has handled Nacchinarkiniyar Urai will tell you.

Nacchinarkiniyar was a Tamil poet/scholar who lived during the sixth or the seventh century C.E. He has annotated ( Urai) a number of Sangam Tamil literature like Tolkappiyam, Kuruntokai, Kaliththokai etc.

The name Nachinarkiniyan can be split into two parts - Nacchinar and Iniyavan. Nacchinar means people who look towards you for help and Iniyavan means someone who is dear or good. That is a person who is good to people asking for help.

Of course it is a Chenthamizh (or Kodum Thamizh depending on your point of view.) name.

If some one has an alternate explanation of this name please post.

நச்சிநார்கினியன்

Dear Mr.Nacchi ,

Excellent name and u are living by its meaning

As for me , the forum name is ..

Naan Pathi enathu better half mun-pathi...

oru bhaya bhakthi thaaan!

He He

If some one has an alternate explanation of this name please post.

Oh my, this cant be true.

Tell you what, on the very first day that is v-e-r-y f-i-r-s-t d-a-y i saw your handle and the first post, i wanted to post this.

But i didnt want to make you suffer my flippancy from day one.

Now that you have 'sort of invited trouble' here is my take, as only i can.

I see your name as a Telugu-Tamil Combo

'Nacchatam' - in telugu means to like

'Nacchinavaallu' - in telugu means persons i like.

Nacchi+narkku+iniyan - I am sweet to persons whom i like.

But hang on, before you entertain thoughts of filing a PIL against me,

You very much qualify for

Nacchani+vallukku+iniyan - I am sweet to persons whom i dislike too.

To most, i guess i have saved their hair cut cost for the month, if you arent already tearing your hair in frustration,

I remain,

The Ultimate Pathetic PJ mankind has ever seen.

Oh my, this cant be true.

Tell you what, on the very first day that is v-e-r-y f-i-r-s-t d-a-y i saw your handle and the first post, i wanted to post this.

But i didnt want to make you suffer my flippancy from day one.

Now that you have 'sort of invited trouble' here is my take, as only i can.

I see your name as a Telugu-Tamil Combo

'Nacchatam' - in telugu means to like

'Nacchinavaallu' - in telugu means persons i like.

Nacchi+narkku+iniyan - I am sweet to persons whom i like.

But hang on, before you entertain thoughts of filing a PIL against me,

You very much qualify for

Nacchani+vallukku+iniyan - I am sweet to persons whom i dislike too.

To most, i guess i have saved their hair cut cost for the month, if you arent already tearing your hair in frustration,

I remain,

The Ultimate Pathetic PJ mankind has ever seen.

Thank you, Hari.

Anyone who has a Tamil Agarathi lying around could check up the meaning. I have only English - Tamil dictionary.

BTW this is thread is not about the meaning of my name only. Silver Fox, Lotus Quartz. I wonder what these names mean.

Nachinarkkiniyan - Explanation

'Nachu' means nanju or poison. It also means one that causes degeneration or slow death.

So, the word 'nachinarkkiniyan' stands for "affable to or lovable by even
evil-doers (ill-natured)". This is the correct interpretation for your name, pl.:kiss:

Last edited:
nachinarakiniyan meaning

Nachinarkinian indicates Lord shivas name.

It points out the ancient mythology where Lord Shiva consumed 'ALAKALA visham"(THE DREADED POISON),which emerged out of the sea while churning.
He consumedthis i order to save the world. hence the name Nachu ku iniavan. Even the dreaded poison canot do any harm to him.

The other meaning of Nachinar ku iniyam is that person who gives whatever wanted by othres on the slighest pleasing. Tht is nothe other than Lord shiva.

Lord shiva is the one God who is easily pleased and liberaly bestows boons to every one even without thining fora moment as to how this will be used by the person who recevie the boon.

HENCENACHINARKIIAN IS THE NAME OF 'LORD SHIVA'

prabhakaran.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back