• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

What do you think about astrology?

Status
Not open for further replies.
narasimhan sir
it is best not to ask for horoscopes of girls if you are boys parents . you can leave the matching to girls side if they want and simply go ahead , we can leave the issue to the discretion of girls family . if they are prepared , why not?

Krishji,

You want the parents to play a hypocritical role..For daughters they will finalize their son-in-law based on horoscope; for their sons, they will give up & let the girl side decide! Is it not farcical? just plain humbug!

Krishji,

You want the parents to play a hypocritical role..For daughters they will finalize their son-in-law based on horoscope; for their sons, they will give up & let the girl side decide! Is it not farcical? just plain humbug!
vgane sir
you know no two astrologers agree. it is best if only one or no side does the matching. in most cases these days it is the girls who are calling the shots. so I suggested this way out. lol

Astrology is viewed by people in a different way. May be, astrology can be a very
controversialtopic for a few. Many people religiously read their horoscope every day
or every week, just to check whether the coming days will be good or not. Some
check through astrologers as to what activities should be pursued. Astrology plays
a vital role in religiouslife. Some always look for an auspicious time to start anything
important. Even to shift to a new house or planning a marriage, choosing auspicious
dates play a crucial role.

Balasubramanian

I like astrology (Jyotisham), in olden days, astrologers were known to predict a lot more things accurately than now, such as those factors that are not revealed properly including 'ayus'. It shows intuition plays a key-role in astrology. I believe in the readings given by Shri. AMR of Tamilnadu and Shri. Sanjay Rath of Delhi. I wanted to learn astrology but my husband is dead-against it. He thinks 100% that the karmas of those charts we read as astrologers are bound to affect us in a negative way. He shows one of his friends who was doomed with early death as an example of this! Owing to him terrifying me like this, I did not learn it. But I believe in it.

Everyone wants to know or curious to know about their future. Astrology, is generally
known as Jyotisha Shastram which includes predictive astrology and also to know
about astronomical position. In olden days, a versatile
astrologer is known as
an expert in exhibiting trikala-darshee, i.e. who can tell about the past, present
and the future. If he/s
he is able to study the movement of astronomical positions,
he/she can certainly the foresee the future correctly. As mentioned by you, once
such an impression is formed, astrology remains unattractive. There are many
male/female astrologers in the world today. If I am correct,
Nalanda and Takshshila
had innumerable books on the above subject which can throw infinite wisdom. But
it is understood that all have been destroyed during Islamic rule. Some feel that
predictions
made by astrologers often goes wrong, it is not cent percent correct..
Astrology is
nothing but based on mathematical calculations. If the data such as time of birth,
place of birth etc. are cent percent correct, then one can draw an accurate
horoscope. If this data is incorrect, the horoscope and the interpretation is bound
to be incorrect. Olden days, whatever nurse or midwife says, is the time noted down.
Some might not have had watches. They would go by birds cry or based on nature's
sounds, etc. If the planetary position at a given moment is accurate, then the
predictions and results will certainly be accurate. This can be challenged. If one
classifys as science, it can be divided into two parts i.e. known and the unknown.
Generally, what is believed that whatever is unknown to us today, will become
known tomorrow. That is, over a period of time, every thing will become known
one day or other. Suppose, if we take about the ancient days, the saints and
sages, etc have said many things. But some people do not believe them. But
the same sages have also mentioned that certain aspects of the existence in
the Universe is unknowable. Because, these things do not belong in the domain
of human knowledge. Similarly, certain aspects of future also belongs to the same
domain. If one takes as as aggregate, whatever mentioned by the Sages in the
yester years are becoming true. Like that astrology is also that one can predict
the correct, if the position of the planets are clearly judged by the astrologers.
For examples our ancient history/literatures have already predicted that man
will proceed towards moon and other planets. Hence should not conclude that
astrology is false.

Balasubramanian NR

I have some knowledge about astrology, but I am not at all anywhere near to being an astrologer proper.

The basis of astrology is astronomy, that too our planetary system mainly. But due to many reasons and circumstances, some aspects of our Indian astrology have taken it to a stage where the horoscope is not cast upon the present planetary positions but on what would one have seen if he were 500, 700 or more years ago! And there is no unity among our astrologers as to which one is to be such reference year. One astrologer may believe strongly that it is year X while another swears by year Y. This is one negative point.

As a result one who has seven-and-a-half years' saturn does not necessarily have saturn today in the required position but only our almanac and horoscope will reveal that.

Ability to make accurate prediction comes only to very few people knowing astrology; it is something like the 6th. sense. For the vast majority, it is just a hobby and statistically 50% correct predictions can be expected in the long term!

Having said that, astrology can be used as something like Highway signs and traffic signs, to tell you beforehand about good periods, bad periods, great calamities awaiting a person etc. It will be interesting to know that bad things can be known much more clearly than good things; my guru in astrology told me that it is because mostly, bad things are the results of past Karmas and are clearly indicated in the horoscope so that the concerned person can suitably modify his/her habits, lifestyle and other things whereas good results will depend upon a host of factors including one's own efforts (prayathnam) and favourable times running then; he used to say that mere effort to dry appalams during monsoon will not succeed, and one will have to wait for the dry season.

Show me an astrologer who can predict the DOW closing index on a future date. If he can be accurate on any three stick market index on 3 future dates. I will change my opinion of Astrologers. Most of them are misguided and others are crooks.

I have knows 3 close family members who knew Astrology, to be totally disappointed, and disgusted with it.

prasadji
you have gone to the wrong astrologers .

I use my knowledge of astrology for good causes . To cast horoscopes of young ladies so that it is without any doshas.

It is useful for many in traditional marriage market such as matrimonial sites.

some girls have got married with my good horoscopes . my small contribution for a good cause.lol

now we have stock index issue, we will ask rakesh jhunjhunwalla how he plays the share market.he is the indian whiz kid .

people blindly buy the shares he puts his money into

does he have any mantra based on astrology?

prasadji
you have gone to the wrong astrologers .

I use my knowledge of astrology for good causes . To cast horoscopes of young ladies so that it is without any doshas.

It is useful for many in traditional marriage market such as matrimonial sites.

some girls have got married with my good horoscopes . my small contribution for a good cause.lol

now we have stock index issue, we will ask rakesh jhunjhunwalla how he plays the share market.he is the indian whiz kid .

people blindly buy the shares he puts his money into

does he have any mantra based on astrology?

He being a parsi, his genes have mutated by the impact of the cultural environment in which he grew, and so he is a natural whiz kid in the stock markets.

When are these stupid, "broadminded" and "liberal" brahmins going to learn this simple truth and help their children pick up brahmin boys as soulmates instead of giving them "love without expectations", freedom to choose life partner using their own intelligence-whatever it is.

a young boy in our family is working on two projects right now. One is to develop a charging device which will charge your cellphone without depending on any electric energy source to get itself charged first. It will draw its charging energy from the space from the radiowaves (which are again energy waves) present there.

May be we will wait till he completes it and comes out with that application which can be built into all cellphones. He is a pure bloodline brahmin. LOL.

anyway only brahmin boys are chief economic advisor and RBI governor and a brahmin lady ,the commerce minister . Indias economy is to be piloted by tambrahms.

whether they will help brahmins to play the stock market is not known.

They can definitely send it in reverse direction with their wisdom. lol

Broadminded:free from prejudice or bigotry; unbiased; liberal; tolerant.
unlike narrow-minded:not receptive to new ideas; having a closed mind.

So a broad minded person would accept the success of Brahmins, as well as others.

A narrow minded person will not accept the success of NB.

Believing astrology is one's own desire. But, I would like to mention here that it serves
as an explanation how far we are and how it works in different situations and it also
helps us to understand the status of ourselvesbetter. Astrology has been around for
centuries right along with the Vedas and just as many believe the Vedas and it is
nothing but a science of astronomy. Everyone worship Navagrahas i.e. nine planets.
When something wrong happens, immediately we go to temple and worship
Navagrahas for relief. The Hindu temples are built many centuries before and
Navagrahas are installed almost in all temples even before the Scientists
discover the planets. If magnets could get attracted to ourearth's magnetic field
(north and south poles) which is thousands ofmiles away, why can't our blood
containing iron ingredients being impacted byearth's and the above said nine planet's
magnetic pull or attraction. If one believes or not, Jyothish is only a road map.
Similarly, if blood/water has an impact in the body, how could one say that
it can not take part in human brain functional role. Thus reading jyothisham for
mere knowledge purpose is not all a dangerous factor.

Balasubramanian NR

Broadminded:free from prejudice or bigotry; unbiased; liberal; tolerant.
unlike narrow-minded:not receptive to new ideas; having a closed mind.
So a broad minded person would accept the success of Brahmins, as well as others.
A narrow minded person will not accept the success of NB.

1. When it is about scientific facts there is no meaning in being broadminded or narrow minded. There you accept the truth after testing it for whatever it is worth.

2. Because sugar is sweet and I like it very much, I can not inject sugar syrup into my veins. Sugar has to go through a different route while blood has to be carefully preserved.

3. Success of a NB is always welcome as it is a talent that has manifested and has a beauty of its own. It will contribute ultimately to the good of the society at large. Brahmin will not be lost to the envy of the success of an NB because Brahmins are themselves successful. I welcome anyone who is successful. I can offer him a cup of tea by inviting him home. But can not accept his daughter in marriage for my son. I do not inject sugar into my bloodstream because I like sugar. LOL.

Show me an astrologer who can predict the DOW closing index on a future date. If he can be accurate on any three stick market index on 3 future dates. I will change my opinion of Astrologers. Most of them are misguided and others are crooks.

I have knows 3 close family members who knew Astrology, to be totally disappointed, and disgusted with it.

Prasad ji,

Till now MH 370 is missing.

Every astrologer is silent.

After that incident my believe in astrology is totally in the infinite negatives! Zero is too mild a word.

a young boy in our family is working on two projects right now. One is to develop a charging device which will charge your cellphone without depending on any electric energy source to get itself charged first. It will draw its charging energy from the space from the radiowaves (which are again energy waves) present there.

Some guy in a village is some part of India had already made a free charging device using cow dung.It was out in the Nat Geo some years back.

There are many astrologers in Tamil Nadu and many write predictions in the Newspapers
every week. I have noticed some eagerly awaiting for the newspaper. It is upto one's taste and
desire based on their belief. My best wishes to everyone of you a Happy Deepavali.

Balasubramanian NR

Astrology is science attempting to show tendencies of things and events to occur within some time span. Man is endowed with intelligence to shape his own future with or without astrology. But again it requires his own intelligence to understand why such and such thing had happened or not happened under the stars. It also indicates how one can best his chance to succeed in any endeavour. Astrology is not a solution to your problems but can help you to resolute to the problems. It does not make any body rich nor drive one to beg. At best it is your psychiatrist. Above all, if one is tired of going after the elusive god, one can spend his life time to know the truth of astrology because knowing the truth of one's own self could be damaging.

Prasad ji,

Till now MH 370 is missing.

Every astrologer is silent.

After that incident my believe in astrology is totally in the infinite negatives! Zero is too mild a word.

If and when they find the remains of MH 370 there will be multitude of astrologers who would claim that they said so., and so called traditionalists will lap it up.

2. Because sugar is sweet and I like it very much, I can not inject sugar syrup into my veins. Sugar has to go through a different route while blood has to be carefully preserved.

I do not inject sugar into my bloodstream because I like sugar. LOL.

There is a flaw in your logic Taste buds are in the mouth, anything injected in the bloodstream bypasses the taste bud. Anything injected in the blood steam is not tasted by that person. What you do in the privacy of your house or private life is for you to do. You may not be able to do it in public.

May be your son will marry according to your wishes, what if does not happen?

Some guy in a village is some part of India had already made a free charging device using cow dung.It was out in the Nat Geo some years back.

So next time you plan to visit US carry a KG of good quality cow dung so that your charging device does not run out of source of energy.

Cowdung is not = space.

There is a flaw in your logic Taste buds are in the mouth, anything injected in the bloodstream bypasses the taste bud. Anything injected in the blood steam is not tasted by that person. What you do in the privacy of your house or private life is for you to do. You may not be able to do it in public.

May be your son will marry according to your wishes, what if does not happen?

My logic is perfectly ok. Think about it a little more. You will finally get it.

I have no problem. I have no children who are yet to marry. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back