• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

western dress code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smt. Renuka,

I could not write about the women's part of the matter without any knowledge and it is good that you have come out with authority. It was the earlier belief that for the female generally visual inputs were not very relevant but they used to get aroused by imagination more, and even novels helped in this. May be, as you say, there is change now.

I wrote about the Subramaniapuram type males because that was exactly the words told by that Vaadhyaar; I was merely reproducing it.

Dear Sangom ji,

I feel this feeling about females being only emotional based and not visual based could have been started by some males so that not good looking guys can get a beautiful wife!

You see even in movies there are songs where beautiful girls sing that "Karruppu Than Yennuka Pudicha Colore" but we don't find guys singing that type of songs for dark girls.

Indians tend to think that it is Ok for a guy to be dark but a girl should be fair.

And worse still Indians equate fairness with beauty(which is not 100% true cos anyone can be beautiful fair or dark)

Many woman are actually afraid to speak out their mind that visual inputs are also important becos they might be called all sorts of names by society.

But a point to note in our Puranas... the good looks of a male is always described and how that sets the hearts of the females into Atrial fibrillation.
And also princesses making a choice of husband during a Syavamvara choosing always the most handsome and striking guy.

So even though my findings are not proven by any survey or case study but this is what I have come to believe.

But then again my horoscope does say that I think like a male..so I will never know if I am 100% right!LOL

Last edited:
........ I real life I have not really seen anyone so unkempt in India.
The villagers might be poor but they are clean and do not look like these sorts.
Very true, Renu!

In our village, even the poorest patient who consults my father for health problems,

will be better looking even when sick!! :)

I have noticed many well dressed patients who turn up to clinic/hospital actually pay very little attention to their underwear. ........
Dear Renu,

One of my close relatives, who has settled down in a proper village, finds 'heaven' in his new life, even though there is a power cut

for nearly 18 hours/day! He retired as G M from a leading company. Now he has switched over to 'tear and wear' from 'wear and tear'!! :becky:

Dear Sangom ji,

I feel this feeling about females being only emotional based and not visual based could have been started by some males so that not good looking guys can get a beautiful wife!

You see even in movies there are songs where beautiful girls sing that "Karruppu Than Yennuka Pudicha Colore" but we don't find guys singing that type of songs for dark girls.

Indians tend to think that it is Ok for a guy to be dark but a girl should be fair.

And worse still Indians equate fairness with beauty(which is not 100% true cos anyone can be beautiful fair or dark)

Many woman are actually afraid to speak out their mind that visual inputs are also important becos they might be called all sorts of names by society.

But a point to note in our Puranas... the good looks of a male is always described and how that sets the hearts of the females into Atrial fibrillation.
And also princesses making a choice of husband during a Syavamvara choosing always the most handsome and striking guy.

So even though my findings are not proven by any survey or case study but this is what I have come to believe.

But then again my horoscope does say that I think like a male..so I will never know if I am 100% right!LOL

Smt. Renuka,

I agree that much of what you write is or may be, true. But the horoscope (or is it your own self?) saying that you will have male thinking, just beats me; because I have not come across any astrology text giving such readings to be told, if particular positions/combinations of planets are found!

Females in India (and may be many other countries too) have had to satisfy themselves with not-so-good-looking (handsome) men because the vast majority of males had been like that. I read somewhere that hirsutism and certain other characteristics in females was historically "filtered out" by selective techniques. May be, in the same way, we will have majority metro-sexual males at a future date, but, if the girls' preference undergoes a change in the meanwhile for S'puram types, we cannot say what will happen; I will have to say "God help!!".

A man likes a woman to look hot if she is his girlfriend; cute if she is his sister; graceful if she is his mother and sultry if she is his wife; after some age, these para meters go off and man likes woman as graceful only.

Last edited:
My experience in Brazil..

Day before yesterday I was at Anna Nagar and waiting for a bus. Two boys aged around 22/ 23 was discussing "When in west the men are in tight suits and fully covered from head to toe why the women wear only 50 -75 less?"

Any one answer this please

A decade back, I was sitting in a bar in Brazil. I am a teetotaller and one who preaches against alcohol and so was just observing the happenings with my drinking friends. Our portugese host got us a company of bar-maid to talk with us for a beer.

I looked at her and asked "It is so cold here.. All men here are fully clothed. How is it that you wear just skimpy clothes and bear this cold".

She looked at my eyes and said "In your India it is very hot.. The men over there wear bare minimum, while females round themselves with volumes of clothe.. why.?"

I understood her answer. That answer carried a lot of messages hidden in it.

-TBT

A decade back, I was sitting in a bar in Brazil. I am a teetotaller and one who preaches against alcohol and so was just observing the happenings with my drinking friends. Our portugese host got us a company of bar-maid to talk with us for a beer.

I looked at her and asked "It is so cold here.. All men here are fully clothed. How is it that you wear just skimpy clothes and bear this cold".

She looked at my eyes and said "In your India it is very hot.. The men over there wear bare minimum, while females round themselves with volumes of clothe.. why.?"

I understood her answer. That answer carried a lot of messages hidden in it.

-TBT

WOW:embarassed::rockon:

Women requires lots of minerals such as Formaldehyde, iron, resin etc., as she has uterus and the blood requires more and more copper to activate her. These minerals are available from the nature that is atmosphere. In India we have Sun that gives all the minerals that a lady require and it is in excess. Whereas in West there is no Sun and the people goes to beach for sunbath so that they can get the minerals from the Sun direct.

Women requires lots of minerals such as Formaldehyde, iron, resin etc., as she has uterus and the blood requires more and more copper to activate her. These minerals are available from the nature that is atmosphere. In India we have Sun that gives all the minerals that a lady require and it is in excess. Whereas in West there is no Sun and the people goes to beach for sunbath so that they can get the minerals from the Sun direct.

Women were high heels because they do not need xyz from earth!!!!!!!
Women have figure like that so that aerodynamic resistance is less!!!!!!!
Man you do come up with some hilarious conclusion for a fad. Do you really mean it?

If you don't know something it doesn't mean that it is not exisiting!, and if you know something share them!
five/ six years back when I posted about supportive therapy to cure Cancer every one including AACR/ACS opposed it.Some persons in web scolded me! but to day all acepts that food, and Aroma therapy to cure Cancer!
If the same comes to westerners knowledge and post you hold them above your head!
There are quotes in Veda and Ravanaa Mentions that. It is better to stay and watch what is happening around you when you don't know how to see the problems.

A man likes a woman to look hot if she is his girlfriend; cute if she is his sister; graceful if she is his mother and sultry if she is his wife; after some age, these para meters go off and man likes woman as graceful only.

Dear Sri Padmanabhan,

Well said. At my age of 81 all women look beautiful, they are wonderful creation of God almighty. Only they posses the unique quality bestowed by nature "motherhood". In the famous Yaksha Prashna in Mahabharata Yuthishtra answers that "Mother is heavier than earth". How true it is.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back