• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Vridhi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am now observing 10 days janana vridhi from 28/07/2011.my cousine brother's son has blessed with a male child.
Now pl clarify

1 whether i can perform sandhyavandanam

2 whether i can use vibhuthi/gopi during this period

3 whether deepam can be lit infront of the bhagvan

4.whether dailiy feeding of crows can be done

5 whther i can go to my relatives house/marriage and other function/temple.

Pl clarify

ramani

you must perform sandhyavandhanam thrice daily. 10 gayathri japam is enough.
You must use vibhuthi during this period in powder form without adding water donot make it as paste. no gopi for ten days
no pooja and no deepam in front of bhagwan.
no feeding of crows

. you should not do namaskaram to anybody and also nobody should do namaskaram to you.That is why you should not go to temple ,for marriage and other function.

Customs differ perhaps. My elders used to prescribe 12 gaayatrees as the minimum below which is not allowed.Nowadays people do attend marriages and the janana asuddham is not considered as coming in the way of such socializing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back