• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Visit to Sabarimala

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Shri Kunjuppu,

I am not sure whether things have changed over the period of last 10 years at Kasi - as compared to your experience in 2001 and our experience in 2011. Alternately it may so happen that the Vadyar who performed all the cermonies to us is of different nature. At the end of five days stay at Kasi all of us left the place with happiness only.

Yes - there were some instances - the Vadyar at Allahabad was very keen on getting the money first even before starting the ritual. Food (thevasa sappadu) was below expectation at Gaya. But these two small discomforts were more than compensated by the arrangements at Kasi. So it proves that still there are some persons who are keen to provide good services.

Last two days I was at Kualalumpur and was very glad to see many Ayyappas with traditional black dhotis. I heard that from this year a new procedure of online booking is in place at Sabarimala allotting a fixed time for Darshans - similar to one followed in Tirupati. Also, understand that they have created separate way for return trip to avoid rush during the peak times.

Let us all hope that things will improve in future times so that more and more people may start believing in this and visit the temples. To conclude, as a family, we have decided to observe vritham and visit Sabarimal temple only in the month of March / April. We are sincere and going to worship Lord Ayyappa and concluded that HE will be there to take care of us. Thanks for all the views expressed by our members for my thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back