• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Vijay TV's Anti Hindu posture - Please register your protest in a Peaceful way

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks to some free promotion, i got to watch the show live a few days ago.

i did not want to make any comments here earlier, because the first few were all emotional responses to a clarion call by another emotional poster.

it reminded me of jamadagneya's hysteria a few weeks ago, where even thinking persons, whom i normally credit with balanced minds, immediately jumped up to join his bandwagon, without as much discussion of many of his senseless harangue.

this is the type of call, that we, as thinking brahmins, should watch ourselves against. just because someone with an agenda of his own, screams from the rooftops, that hinduism is in danger, it does mean that it is true.

it is in times like these, that we sit back, learn to count to a million, and then reflect on the issue, the evidence and enter a debate. to jump into conclusion by signing petitions (which only gives these guys your email address for future use to beg support for causes or money), i think, does not reflect well of us, as mature human beings and part of a mature community, whose erudition we all claim to be part.

i have great respect for the likes of swami, venkat, pann etc and do see eye to eye on many issues, and where i disagree, i have great respect for their logic and reasoning.

however, i wish, in this instance, as i had wished re jamadagneya, they had withheld their support, till such time, as to have a full debate as to the content of the vijay tv program.

what part of the program did they object:

- the topic itself ?(that would be thaliban - a la hari :))
- the manner in which it was conducted (covertly anti hindu message?)
- the person gopinath (somebody said he was christian - so we do not want a christian to moderate a hindu subject?)
- the sight of women removing thalis in front of public
- overall we feel that hinduism is getting a bum rap these days, and this is yet another manifestation of such - even though this program may not be so bad

we have to think through the content and presentation. also compare this with the reality of today.

what do our women in general feel about thali? is it emotional? or ornamental? or indifference? or a sign of subservience?

i myself have felt since my teen that thali is முள்வேலி and on the first day of wedding itself, told my wife, that it was her prerogative to do as she wishes with this chain.

i used to have a pillai christian neighbour. they had thali too. the women removed thali on widowhood. they considered thali sacred, much to the surprise of my mom.

i remember pillai mami telling my mom, 'எங்களுக்கும் தாலிலே நம்பிக்கை உண்டு'. that is what it comes to நம்பிக்கை ie faith.

i had no faith in it. i left it to my wife as i felt justified, it was a chain that could mean many things. it was resting on her body.

i was only putting myself in her position. had she put a thaali on me, and insisted that i wear it all the time, i would have resented. it only felt fair, to reciprocate my sense of fairness.

back to vijay tv.

had it not been for this thread here, i would have forgotten what i thought was a mildly teasing t.v. program, which was well conducted, and basically, i did not see anyone visibly upset for blasphemying hinduism or its tenets.

another mini storm in a teacup. :)

What I meant by "strengthen one's fortress" is exactly that but also includes lodging protests with hard nosed facts but the protests should be peaceful and not violent. The question which I raised was are the majority of the issues discussed only about Hindu sensitive topics. If it is so then it is a no-no. It really does not matter to me whether the anchor does not take a stand or indulges in light banter and finally leaves the decision to the viewers because sorry to say the majority of the Indian tv audience is absolutely dumb. Look at the way the whole of India is hooked on to these tear jerking mega serials and shedding copious amount of tears along with the characters. It goes against the very spirit of all the positivity in life.

If this is a subtle way of making the Hindus ashamed of their own traditions then I am not for it. When the British stepped into India, sometime in the 1800s Lord Macaulay made his famous speech in the English Parliament that if you want to break India it cannot be done through arms or wars but by breaking their customs and practices, make them feel ashamed of their culture and the job is done. What could not be achieved then I feel can be achieved now because the present day Hindus are a lot who are certainly not proud about their culture if not downright ashamed and most of them cannot even properly explain the meaning of what they do or follow in terms of customs and practices.

So my message is not to ban these shows but question the very motive of these shows if the intent is to discredit a religion. Lodge protest in large numbers to show that Hindus are not sleeping but are awake. The social fabric of the country should not be torn apart by hosting such shows which does not achieve anything meaningful. It is just like questioning the miracles of St.Thomas or why the Muslims circle the Kaaba when they don't believe in idolatry.

Dear Kunjuppu,

You may be surprised if I say it today. I too had told my wife at the time of our marriage that it was purely her own choice whether to have Thirumangalyam around her neck or not. Since she had belief in it, she has been wearing it.

But, not just this one programme. Many other programmes also are conducted on similar lines by Gopinath, ridiculing only Hindu customs and beliefs - not just TBs. In fact, much of the opposition he received was from NBs only.

To be fair to everybody, those customs and beliefs, which appear to be meaningless and superstitious, but belonging to every section of the society on socio-religious plane, if taken up for similar debate, may be justified or countenanced.

Why singling out only one group i.e. Hindus?

Any reforms to be successful should always come from within.

Dear Anand,

I like that :)

Me too want to see debates on
1) Did St.Thomas' miracles really happen?
2) Why muslims go around ka'aba when they do not beleive in idolatory?
3) Will baptizement certainly lead us to heaven?
4) Is islam really about peace?

Perhaps all i can surmise is that the they are not mature communites; or are emotionally insecure people incapable of such debates..

Anyways, i have also been thinking on these lines:

1) Why do ppl feel hinduism is under some attack? Oh yes there are tricksters trying to convert thru fradulent means, but how successful are they. Or rather how successful are they going to remain in future?

And i thot the awareness level of hinduism is growing....temple are full, sevais needed to be booked much in advance, classes on vedas and vedanta run full, muslims are learning yoga, westerners are getting married the vedic way, so why feel that the hindu way of life is insecure or under attack really?

2) Why does a brahmin feel that he needs to be respected for being a brahmin? Am not sure if the majority of the populace views anyone as a brahmin if he is not a priest in a temple. The general attitude is that the iyer or the iyengar in the temple is a brahmin. When it comes to others living the regular life, am not sure anyone really bothers about wanting to know his caste (except the government which wants to keep caste on paper for reservations to keep its vote bank).

On the same lines, am not really able to understand why does a brahmin feel that he needs to advice others. Ages ago, in a village life, ppl needed guidance alright (and i wonder if it was a brahmin always really), but now in a college or office, does anyone want someone's guidance bcoz he is a brahmin?

3) Why does a brahmin feel that he once he is converted, others will follow suit? A good friend of mine is an iyer from kerala who converted to christianity. Surely, just bcoz some brahmins convert, others are not going to follow suit. Hindus have their own ways or paddhati or method of doing things. And they will follow it, irrespective of whether or not a brahmin converts.

Methinks hindus are already awake. Protesting is not our culture. Debating is. Btw, have been searching for that Macaulay's speech, am not able to get it..wud love to get my hands on it.

PS: abt the lady who removed the thali - to respect that elderly lady, i suppose its better we stop linking her to any specific community and let her live in peace.

Last edited:
Exactly Mr. Pann. I would only be too happy if the media tackles issues like corruption, illiteracy, poverty, bureaucracy, rape, crime, global warming etc rather than absolutely ludicrous issues like worshiping kuladeivata is good or not or wearing a mangalsutra is good or not. To me these are real issues plaguing the country than the issue of whether my wife is wearing her mangalsutra or not. Where this will lead to. The Hindu pantheon is full of such rituals or beliefs. Next will be discussing about mottai, fire walking, angapradakshinam, abhishekam, aradhanai, karva chauth, wearing a kachai, sporting a kudumi, smearing vibhuti and so on. What a lot of fun for the participants and the public. Am sorry to say, that's why we public are big time suckers to what the media is dishing out. And imagine that we pay out of our pockets for all this nonsense.

Please note that even if someone proves that they are equally discussing other religion issues, I will still discard this program as trash because these are not issues which are exactly burning our country right now. Rather they have the potency to burn our country in future. Hope I am not branded as having some agenda and belonging to a wing.

Perfectly said Anand.

How many ppl have reported corrupt officials to Lok Ayukta?

Lodged complaints with vigilance officers?

Protested against condition of roads, water supply, drainage, public toilets, miserable trains (so-called ac first class coaches), dangerously handled air traffic control and so on....????

Media runs any sorta programme. It never consider the ethics. It needs only commercial value. Many people are watching that idiotic programme. One fine day, he will end up with Idlyku chatnia sambara... Like that arguements are very silly and useless. Gopinath is bombing in many families. Many topics are like that only: Which child is superior to mom (Earning or non-earning), daddies are dominating the family, etc. The final atrocious one is the mangalsutra. We people should really protest against the stupids.

My question is are any other religious issues are debating like this...? Even the persons who say there is no god and other idiotic words, will go and drink full cup of ifthar kanji... Nonsense.

Sorry Anand, i read too many posts and put one too many questions on the previous post addressed to you. Edited some stuff out. Please ignore the post. thanks.

MANGALYA DHAARANAM....
(Mangalyam thaandunaaneena............tham)

[..]

Then comes Baanikrahanam...

Then comes SAPTAPATHI.....which Mr.Nara denotes, perhaps, which he would not have followed all the above...or not known to him....

Hello Swaminathasharma, greetings to you.

Please check with a Vedic scholar and give him the following two scenarios. Then ask him which will constitute a valid union.

[1] Wedding includes thirumangalya dharanam, but no saptapathi
[2] Wedding includes saptapathi, but no thirumangalya dharanam

You will find that the answer is [2].

Thirumangalya dharanam is indeed valued very much and it is an important part of the wedding ceremony. I am not denying that.

best wishes to you....

The point is, why debates are happening only targeting Hindus in this "Secular" country, anybody, anywhere, in any media, debated about other religions thriving in our "Secular Country.

Hello pvraman, Greetings!

In the show they actually showed a christian woman showing her thirumangalyam with a cross. So, the "why hindus" angst is probably coming from a track record of Vijay TV, which I am not familiar with.

But, counties that are more democratic do allow people to express their opinions even if it offends a small or large section of the people. Minorities deserve more protection because of the fact they are a minority.

Take the case of U.S. Christian beliefs are regularly mocked and derided to the fury of staunch christians. There were movies like Last Temptation of Christ and Life of Brian. There are a long list of books, most recent being those of Dawkins, Hitchens, and Harris. There are several TV personalities that constantly mock christian leaders and also Christianity, like Bill Maher, Black, and late Carlin.

I just cannot disagree more with people who do not want to debate controversial topics. If those topics are not to be debated, what is the point of debate?

Recently I saw a movie (animation) called Sita Sings the Blues. It was a lovely movie, great songs and very touching. But I am sure those who found the completely innocuous Vijay TV show offensive will go ballistic. Therefore, I request those who felt offended by the Vijay TV program to stay as far away from this movie as possible. Here is the link where you can download the movie for free.

Sita Sings the Blues

Enjoy!

This Vijay TV will dare not create similar program ridiculing islamic or christian customs owing to the clout that Islamic and Christian lobbies possess with foreign governments, media and important NGO's. We know what hapenned when a newspaper in Denmark published cartoons on Prophet Mohammed. There was so much protests all over the world that European governments had to take action ensuring that such publications did not recur. UK refused permission for the Journalist to enter UK even though the journalist was a citizen of an European Commnity Nation.

Sri Nara,

Thanks for the free link. I would comment (if needed) after I complete that one.

I am not against debates. But India is not America where you can not fool people by showing serials. US is a developed country. In Tamilnadu any cinema actor can aspire to become the chief minister. Because they know they have great followers. Did they acquire the people through social service?. In festival days, why the TV is flooded with so many cine programs and பட்டி மன்றம்s. So comparing 'U.S' with India is something I can not understand.

Anyway, we have different views on this, surely not taking account of the impact on the common serial watching public. The religious conversion in India are not targeted to the educated but it is systematically targeting the Aam Aaatmis and poor.

Regards
Padmanaban Venkataraman

Dear P V Raman,

The article of Ms Mallika Saranathan is very good. But, I am unable to say anything about it, as I have not yet gone through it fully.

But, I opine it is based on the article written by Kannadasan and reproduced in his auto-biography (Vanavasam). In 1950s and 1960s, 'Self-Respect Movement' people arranged for marriages (suya mariyadhai thirumanangal), that were devoid of all Hindu customs and rituals, including those relating to 'thaali'. How strange and strong was the people's sentiments in thaali, that even in such suna mana marriages, women were insistent on wearing thaalis. It led to a great uproar and continuous debate on various forums - rationalistic, political, social, literary and academic.

Kannadasan has also extensively quoted from ancient Tamil literature in his write-up.

(He says that 'Iym padai thaali' is an ornament put on children, by their family elders;
Hence, the word 'thaali' does not denote thirumangalyam, as it does today.
'Mangala ani ezhundhadhu - Silappathikaram - also does not talk about any ornament similar to thirumangalyam. It only describes some ornaments that are usually worn on happy and auspicious occasions by pendir - women; Or, it could be any happy sign or arrival of some auspicious things or even creation of a congenial atmosphere for a wedding)

I will come out with more views of mine later.

Last edited:
Dear Sri TS Sankara Narayanan Ji,

Please refrain from making such broad statements about what we allow in this Forum in the future. No one's right to post in a civilized way is restricted. In the past, you have not always done that. Only offebsive, vulgar and words that do not promote the interests of our community are restricted.

Regards,
KRS

Dear Shri Oneews,
Namaste.
I am the Dist Ex.Comitee Member of BJP in Madurai and a Member in Lions International (Madurai-Armour).
I copied all your contents and added something to it and mailed to nearly about 200 Hindus living abroad and my North Indian Political Friends.
I even send it to L.K.Advani forum for discussion Nationwide regarding this subject.
In this Forum (Tamil Brahmins ) Right To Write is Restricted .
I made some suggessions to Vijay TV to hold on discussions like ...
1)Muslim Ladies wearing Phardhas,..Is it Necessary or Not ?
2)Arabic System of Worship is followed in all mosques in India .Is it Right or Wrong ?
3)Sonia maintained Dual Citizenship for 15 years even after marriage.Is it Right or Wrong ?
4)Fraud Father Yobu Saravanan cheated many ladies and made them as his wife.He looted crores of innocent peoples money.Is it Right or Wrong?
5)The Misterious death of Plus Two student Suganya in a Christian School in Omalur leads to many Doubts.Is it Right or Wrong?

I also challenged Vijay TV that if Topics like this are introduced I am Ready to bring as many participents to this TV for discussions...

Hindus Unity Zindabad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Sri nageshmahadevan Ji,

While we allow proper discussions about other religions in this Forum, this Forum is not the place to promote the tenets of any other religion other than Hinduism.

Please refrain from posting like this in the future. Thank you.

Regards,
KRS

Mr Sankara Narayanan,

You may add the following subjects also for discussion:

Christians in India worship the way Americans/Westerners worship. Is it Right or Wrong?

Christians in India behave and imagine as if they are from America and in America. Is it Right or Wrong?

When the Bible says Women must dress modest apparel and must appear with shamefacedness, must cover their heads etc., Christian women in India wear American dress revealing almost every part of their body, defying the Bible. Is it Right or Wrong?

Christian marriages in India are conducted the way marriages are conducted in America, in American tradition, while the Bible nowhere specifies American dress code. Is it Right or Wrong?

Christians Celebrate Christmas, Easter, Good Friday and a hell a lot of festivals which are unbiblical, unscriptural. The God of the Bible condemns festivals (Isaiah 1:13 - 15) yet christians celebrate festivals. Is it Right or Wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Sri Shankara Narayanan ji,

I appreciate your move.

I do understand that some people in the BJP are looking for some election platform after the recent debacle. (PS: I do not include some of the Karnataka top brass of BJP in this - because i consider them good humans esp as compared to many other politicians).

I suppose its much easier to protest against TV channels and shut them down.

If I were to provide you with a list of expectations for the betterment of the country, are you willing to commit yourself to it?

Thank You.

Dear HH,
My comments
Dear Sri Shankara Narayanan ji,

I appreciate your move.

I do understand that some people in the BJP are looking for some election platform after the recent debacle. (PS: I do not include some of the Karnataka top brass of BJP in this - because i consider them good humans esp as compared to many other politicians).

They are not following their original ideology without compromise, they have to do more positive work viz-viz welfare of Hindu society apart from bashing other religions. But they are one of the best hopes for the future.

I suppose its much easier to protest against TV channels and shut them down.

It may not be that easy, if its so, they would have restricted themselves. What they do is not a direct abuse, they sandwich so that it will look real. And they know Hindus are divided by caste & Knowledge, and so there wont be a louder protest.

If I were to provide you with a list of expectations for the betterment of the country, are you willing to commit yourself to it?

One should welcome that, why anyone should restrict ourselves from suggesting a noble intention. Betterment of the country - Betterment of our society - there should not be any second thought.. Please go ahead.

Thank You.

I am really find our forum, more useful than any other (I know) by the way of providing more insights about complex problems and different approaches to a single problem. Its very educative and informative for one to re-visit his believes, compare the contradictions and conclude with convictions based on the available facts. Everybody has a different style of expressions to address a common problem. Let It always boil down to our welfare of our society rather scoring one point over other.

A thought is occurring to me, before any other community persons attempt, can we question our own believes (which is not mentioned in vedas) in a separate thread to have a clarity among ourselves. Is it there already? Let me search.....:).

Regards
PVR

In such a case, it will be in the form of suggestion for changes or reforms for the betterment of the community and to enhance the image of the general public regarding brahmins as a whole. But, without listing only the ills of the present system, a neat justification for recommending changes may be done.

A separate thread is to be opened for this purpose.

We must exercise caution, this topic being a very sensitive one, it shall not be utilised or exploited by non-believers or persons from other communities. We should not provide them with more arguments to hit ourselves.

If this proposal is accepted, members may post their views briefly and in instalments.
Please don't go overboard.

There is no harm in opening a thread for discussing changes in any segment of Hindu community and society.
The Sanathana Dharma way of life is all about Question and Answer itself.
eg Bhagavad Geeta the great Q & A dialouge between Paramaatma(Lord Krishna) and Jeevataama(Arjuna).
Lord Krishna had explained in detail to Arjuna about permenance of the soul and the reason one should not grief for the body, but yet in Chapter 2 stanza 26 Lord Krishna tells Arjuna

"if however you think that the soul is perpetually born and always dies, still you have no reason to lament."

The message is clear that even though Lord Krishna had spoken words of wisdom to Arjuna, He still left it to Arjuna to accept and decide for himself(denoted by the word however).

Its ok to post new ideas and suggestions because at the end of the day its the reader who decides what he/she really wants to follow

Dear Sri PVRaman,

1) They are not following their original ideology without compromise, they have to do more positive work viz-viz welfare of Hindu society apart from bashing other religions. But they are one of the best hopes for the future.

They need to do more positive work, but they do not need to bash up other religions. It is a reggressive and politically violent attitude.

Dunno know what you mean by "bashing up other religions". If its like the case of Abu Azmi, then surely nobody wants people slapping and behaving like uncouth rowdies if someone were to take an oath in an other language or were to belong to an other religion or region.

Nobody should not be discriminated based on regionality, religion, caste, language and such rubbish. A north-indian can win elections in Maharashtra and a Malayalee can win elections in TamilNadu, irrespective of religion and caste. India is for all. Every Indian should be free to live and settle in any part of the country.

It may not be that easy, if its so, they would have restricted themselves. What they do is not a direct abuse, they sandwich so that it will look real. And they know Hindus are divided by caste & Knowledge, and so there wont be a louder protest.

I do think its easier to protest and shut down TVs and turn a blind eye to corruption.

For a start, why not get BJP to start an anti-corruption drive and weed out corrupt politicians from within their own party first, for a start. I want to see how loud their protests will be in such matters. Not only BJP, show me one party in India manned by honest people.

One should welcome that, why anyone should restrict ourselves from suggesting a noble intention. Betterment of the country - Betterment of our society - there should not be any second thought.. Please go ahead.

Ppl convert
1) mainly out of poverty, and
2) because they are made to feel they are not living a respectable life.

Please address their poverty first, and ensure zero corruption.

Two simple steps for the betterment of all:

a) Ensure nobody gives or takes bribes. Punish the giver and the receiver with a jail sentence in fast track courts (verdict to be given within a week).

b) Get every government office to publish its monthly expenditure, income, etc.
Example: if the office deals with construction, then get the office to publish on its website, its monthly estimated amount of cost of works, amount for which tenders are granted, results of work completed with breakdown of expenditure on labour costs, cost of each and every material used (with an attached copy of its quality assurance), etc.
Publish the amount each MP and MLA spends on his constituency with a breakdown of the incoming and outgoing funds, right until the panchayat level.

I want to see how many people are willing to come forward to protest about the activities of corrupt officials with no fear or self-centered or non-chalant chalta hai attitude. Surely its very easy to protest against silly talk shows since it involves no hassle for the self.

I am really find our forum, more useful than any other (I know) by the way of providing more insights about complex problems and different approaches to a single problem. Its very educative and informative for one to re-visit his believes, compare the contradictions and conclude with convictions based on the available facts. Everybody has a different style of expressions to address a common problem. Let It always boil down to our welfare of our society rather scoring one point over other.

A thought is occurring to me, before any other community persons attempt, can we question our own believes (which is not mentioned in vedas) in a separate thread to have a clarity among ourselves. Is it there already? Let me search.....:).

Questioning own beliefs requires the ability to understand things with a rational non-emotional mind. Not sure its that easy.

Am ending this with what can be called a provocative note here: To begin with, why not make admission to all
(not just some) vedapatshalas open to children of all castes and creeds; and better still why not get the heads of mutts to initiate such a move (?).

Please let me know if anything is not ok here, will delete it. I request the moderators to delete anything not considered ok in my posts.

Regards
PVR

Last edited:
I could not understand why there are no demonstrations on the roads of Chennai by Hindus at large against this Vijay TV Program - NEEYA-NAANA? on Thirumangalyam?

I usually love to watch this program on every Sunday for the reason; the topics under discussions were really worth discussing. The debates related to particular social behaviors, social stigma and many other topics that were all interesting and mind stimulating and off course were much informative.

But this particular program ridiculing wearing of Thirumangalyam is utter disgusting.

I recollect an incident couple of years before when Actress Ms.Khusboo delivered her personal view ostensibly that "Girls having pre-marital sex is neither a sin nor a crime". Having done, she was taken into task the way we all know. She was sued from various districts of Tamil Nadu under Public Interest Litigation. She was forced to break her head here and there and at last asked apology to the public.

Her controversial statement from an individual's point of view (may or many not be acceptable by the society) was in general pertaining to Human morality irrespective of any religion. But had nothing to do with degrading a particular religious belief and tradition.

I am really surprised to note that why none of the organization resorted to any sort of agitations against such a program and has demonstrated the concern in public?

I wish there should be a one single organization in very city, participating by people from all the religion, that would protest against any such program/activity that bothers defaming ANY Religious Belief and System in the pretext of creating awareness and sense of practicality.

The existence of such an organization would not only ensure social moralities in common but unity among Indians as well.

Cheers...

RAVI

When Monica Lewinsky scandal broke out in USA, there was huge public outcry there. At that time, we were just discussing.

Americans, whatever they are in their private life, expect high level of moral uprightness in their public life. But, in India, it is just the opposite.

Here, whatever one does in private life becomes a matter of heated discussion, simply because of the reason the concerned happens to be a public figure. In contrast, probity is public life is not at all insisted.

Here, people who profess themselves to be custodians of Tamil culture openly have
two or more spouses and they do not have any qualms to hide this fact.

Nobody dares to question them as to what moral right these persons of high stature possess to advocate the greatness of Tamil culture, its virtues and values.

Let these people also submit themselves to public scrutiny through the powerful media. All their actions must be analysed, criticised and answers obtained from them.

Is that day too far off?

As for me, i cannot be bothered if someone has 2 or 200 wives. Its his personal life, and i think perhaps polygamy was not totally unknown in tamil culture in the past.

What i am bothered about is the amount of assets each one has, in his own name, and names of relatives and friends.

Let there be a TV show that scrutinizes the wealth details declared in the affidavit by each election candidate.

Let the TV show host question these politicians about where did they get their assets from, what are their funds' sources, have they spent government money on their constituency or on themselves, have they intervened in getting tenders passed, from how many tenders did they get how much commission, and so on.

Their personal life impinges their public life and the office they hold, because more wives, more the no. of relatives, more the no. of relatives, more the benami assets usurping more powers for their own family thus denying opportunities to others and so on.

Last edited:
not just wives and relatives, benami assets can be held in the name of other party workers and unrelated people.

just want to see if the media, or any TV channel, is bold enough to venture into the asset holdings of politicians, doing a scoop story to bring out all their sources.

also want to see how many people are willing to lodge protests against corrupt officials.

Perfectly true.....

Questioning the personal life practices and moralities of so called high esteemed personalities from commercial and political sections of the society is absolutely out of scope of Indian people.

The art of photo morphing, video morphing, mimicry, "inu enamo laam" plays a wonderful role in helping these personalities from proving themselves innocent. Even if we all know the fact, any evidence against these erring personalities would doomed to foil. These people of high stature having MONEY and POWER would not mind to demonstrate their skill of ambidexterity.

So, I feel the efforts to bring into light the personal shenanigans of erring VIP's by Indian people would not only be destructive to oneself but would be fruitless as these culprits would be exonerated for sure.

Thus, I feel we common men in society should get united and at least raise our voice unanimously whenever need be against Media, modulating and telecasting programs that hamper a healthy religious/social structure. As well against any Individual or groups proving to be canvassing destructive thoughts to the society

I think there should be a system in this highly Democratic country like this –

All the existing politicians and any aspiring politicians should be subjected to Lie-Detector Test. During the test these people should be asked all the questions pertaining to their career endeavors, accumulated properties, source of income etc..etc and answers be recorded by law enforcement agencies. A same program as been relayed in STAR TV – “SACH KAA SAAMANA” (facing the truth) should be telecasted Live in "Door Darshan" (National / Regional Channel) and the same person should be asked to answer the same set of questions that he has confessed during the test. This way a detailed profile of the candidate would be revealed to the public and the Indian Government can legally take actions against the erring politician without public/group objections. Like wise an aspiring political candidate can be bared from getting into politics if found to be unfit.

Cheers...

RAVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back