• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Vibhuti (Sacred ash)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twin stars of arcot

A Ramaswamy mudaliar and A Lakshmanaswamy mudaliar.

14THRAMASWAMI_1236846f.jpg

User of Vibhuti gets spiritual and physical protection and facilitates
to drive away negative energy while enhancing psychic ability.

Vibhuti is sacred ash obtained during a fire yajna or homa. It is
prepared while chanting the sacred mantras and offering oblations
into the agni. Vibhuti is made using the most pure sattvic substances
described in the scriptures. Use of holy ash (vibhuti) is a very good
self-help spiritual healing remedy. It can be used daily both in the
morning and evening to acquire positive energy as well as to get
relief from distress, if any.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Last edited:
There you go again, making fun of some body in exalted office. LOL

Dear Prasad ji,

I was commenting on the photo and not the persons..they look like twins with some differences here and there.

It really looked like some pics we get in magazines to spot the differences.

Generally, in Hindu religion, particularly married women wear invariably a tilak or pottu on the
forehead. It is applied daily after a bath and ritualistic worship or during the visit to the temple.
Married women have to apply kumkum on their foreheads at all times. The tilak is applied as
a form of worship in many parts of north India. Some apply while bidding farewell to a son or
husband when a journey commences. In north India, the tilak varies in color and form.
However, this practice was not prevalent in the Vedic period according to some of the books.
It appears that it has gained popularity in the Puranic period. It is generally said that it has its
origin in South India. The pottu generates a feeling of sanctity the wearer and others. Besides,
it is identified as a religious symbol. Some apply chandan powder signifying purity as also notifying
the profession of a person such as priest or academic activity, etc. Generally, Lord Vishnu worshipers
apply chandan of the shape of “U”. While Shiva worshippers use sacred ash in the shape of
tripundra. Goddess Devi worshipers apply a red dot of kumkum and so on.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Last edited:
You are free to use your fertile imagination and verbal skills and instant responses to learn, investigate, or abuse (as some decadent souls do) to analyse these two towering personalities. At least one has a semblance of relation with what you do.

This year is the 150th birth anniversary of the two mudaliars; both served under the british and post freedom indian governments, were quite successful and influential and achievers. Bot became vice chancellors of universities. AL is a doctor by qualification and profession, and has authored a medical book. AR took to law and politics and was a member of the upper assembly for many terms.

The juicy part is, they were born in a traditional and devout vaishnavite vellalar family. AR has 'pazh' forehead, perhaps because he joined the justice party and tripped. AL, the doctor, stuck his family traditions and namam.

Dear Sarang ji,

What is this? Are we supposed to spot the differences?LOL

Dear Renu,

Being a doctor, I thought you will know at least one of these famous persons. Here is the link:

The twin stars of Arcot

I still wonder why the photo is posted in this thread!! :noidea:

Dear RR ji,

I really did not know who they were until I saw the link you had put.

I can not be knowing about every doctor yaar...

As long I know who is Bheshajam Bhava Roginaam it should suffice!LOL(Just kidding)

BTW I know that Ajmal Ameer is a doctor and he is also an actor.

images

Last edited:
You are free to use your fertile imagination and verbal skills and instant responses to learn, investigate, or abuse (as some decadent souls do) to analyse these two towering personalities. At least one has a semblance of relation with what you do.

This year is the 150th birth anniversary of the two mudaliars; both served under the british and post freedom indian governments, were quite successful and influential and achievers. Bot became vice chancellors of universities. AL is a doctor by qualification and profession, and has authored a medical book. AR took to law and politics and was a member of the upper assembly for many terms.

The juicy part is, they were born in a traditional and devout vaishnavite vellalar family. AR has 'pazh' forehead, perhaps because he joined the justice party and tripped. AL, the doctor, stuck his family traditions and namam.

Dear Sarang ji,

I wonder where was my post bordering to being:
abuse (as some decadent souls do)

All I said is spot the differences but you judged one of them.

Anyhow you did point out their differences in your post too.

See what you wrote..

AL, the doctor, stuck his family traditions and namam.
AR has 'pazh' forehead, perhaps because he joined the justice party and tripped

LOL! Now who is being abusive?Ha Ha Ha.

Last edited:
What was in brackets does not apply to you or meant for you; I am sorry it got into the wrong place.

'pazh neththi' is a standard term used by orthodox vaishnavites when forehead is blank! It is not an abuse. In AR's case, it is an observation and deduction, nothing more. Observation, criticism and abuse are all different.

Dear Sarang ji,

See what you wrote..

What was in brackets does not apply to you or meant for you; I am sorry it got into the wrong place.

'pazh neththi' is a standard term used by orthodox vaishnavites when forehead is blank! It is not an abuse. In AR's case, it is an observation and deduction, nothing more. Observation, criticism and abuse are all different.

Dear Sarang ji,

I was talking about the word TRIPPED and not pazh neththi!LOL

post 42 #
dear renukaji !
i think sarangji might have used the word tripped to indicate that he (AR )has deviated from the orthodox family traditional journey .hence he used pazh nethi &(tripped) different path as a follower of justice party.
guruvayurappan

dear RR !
i only heard ashata poothi(ஆஷாட பூதி ) who is pretending as bakhthi man or acting as if he has complted his routine with vibuthi.poochandi is not heard.
guruvayurappan

Trip is not abusive. 'By accident he /she got into the medical profession'; 'He tripped and got cured of the sprain'. Such usages are normal.None of the different meanings given in a dictionary call 'trip' abusive. I think you are confusing 'fallen' with 'tripped'. I do not know what will happen when a BOLD CAPITAL TRIP happens.

LOL for everything; when will it become ROFL? laughter club is seems to be very active. Whole body gets relaxed if the latter is done.

Dear Sarang ji,

I was talking about the word TRIPPED and not pazh neththi!LOL

..... poochandi is not heard. ....
I heard the story in 'Bhakthi thiruvizhA' which is telecast in one of the channels. There was a group of persons, long before the

rule of ChEra, Chozha, PAndiyAs and were against 'Saivites' and beheaded the persons who wore the vibhuthi. They also killed

the persons who talked to persons wearing vibhuthi. Some Andis who are paupers and do not care for their lives, joined together

to agitate against that group and they smeared the holy ash all over their bodies and roamed around, not fearing about getting

beheaded! They were known as poochchu + Andis (i.e) poochAndis. People were afraid to talk to them and locked themselves

inside their houses, with the fear of getting killed. They scared the children too by saying, "PoochAdi is coming... Don't go out".

That is how the word 'PoochchAndi' was coined. I am writing the story again for the benefit of those who can not read Tamil and

because this is relevant to this topic of this thread.

Last edited:
Dear Sarang ji,

See what you wrote..

investigate, or abuse (as some decadent souls do)
Did you not hear the dog whistle, it was a code word to the jalara party to attack. I suppose we should know that I have the distint honor. That is a term of endearment. LOL

I heard the story in 'Bhakthi thiruvizhA' which is telecast in one of the channels. There was a group of persons, long before the

rule of ChEra, Chozha, PAndiyAs and were against 'Saivites' and beheaded the persons who wore the vibhuthi. They also killed

the persons who talked to persons wearing vibhuthi. Some Andis who are paupers and do not care for their lives, joined together

to agitate against that group and they smeared the holy ash all over their bodies and roamed around, not fearing about getting

beheaded! They were known as poochchu + Andis (i.e) poochAndis. People were afraid to talk to them and locked themselves

inside their houses, with the fear of getting killed. They scared the children too by saying, "PoochAdi is coming... Don't go out".

That is how the word 'PoochchAndi' was coined. I am writing the story again for the benefit of those who can not read Tamil and

because this is relevant to this topic of this thread.

Fascinating origin of the word.

Trip is not abusive. 'By accident he /she got into the medical profession'; 'He tripped and got cured of the sprain'. Such usages are normal.None of the different meanings given in a dictionary call 'trip' abusive. I think you are confusing 'fallen' with 'tripped'. I do not know what will happen when a BOLD CAPITAL TRIP happens.

LOL for everything; when will it become ROFL? laughter club is seems to be very active. Whole body gets relaxed if the latter is done.

Dear Sarang ji,

Try to use the Tamil word for tripped??
It will sound like someone has fallen down or deviated from the rightful path.

You have to remember since he was in the Judiciary any outward strong marks of identification might give an impression of partiality so I guess he wanted to remain neutral.

We should honour a man for what he is worth and not based on the various shades of pigment he adorns his forehead with.

You are implying motives when nothing is said. There were hundreds of judges wearing forehead marks. Even the previous election commissioner was never seen without it. Sri Parthasarathy, a vedanta teacher with his ashram near lonavla wears one.

Is it implied that his doctor twin brother was partial to those with forehead marks? Your understanding of the whole varna-jati-kula concept needs a total overhaul.

Every jati is superior in their eyes; does not follow that others are inferior. Perhaps a modern definition and explanation can be got from the mouth of john galt of ayn rand's atlas shrugged.

You have to remember since he was in the Judiciary any outward strong marks of identification might give an impression of partiality so I guess he wanted to remain neutral.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back