• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Vathima website

Status
Not open for further replies.
[FONT=&]Use of epithets like duck, frog, etc in referring to a different ethnic, racial or national subgroups in a community are considered symptoms of an underlying subconscious racist attitude, which transforms into a bullying attitude among the children. You have been living in North America, you should be aware of this.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]Among white Caucasian Americans, some retard arrogant ones often use terms like dago (duck-feet) for people of Italian descent, frog for the French, kraut for Germans, limey for the British, etc. Wop (without papers) is an epithet used for people of Italian descent, because many early Italian immigrants had no papers to identify themselves. Also Guinea is the most vile slur that can be used against an italian-american implying that they are non-whites (really?).(Guinea refers to the Guinea Coast of Africa).
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]So when you state that you associate vathimas with ducks ……… what else should one call your statement? I hope you get the point.[/FONT]

i see where you are coming from.. and in that context, what i said was not right. apologies only to you for your feelings.

nothing to be shared with some #^%$& who jumped into the bandwagon without any cogent reason,but hatred for me and for beating me up. those i despise, but you sir, i have respect. i feel i owe you more..and hence this below note.

ok, here is my explanation.

when i was child, i used to hear my parents identify folks by their caste, and to a 5/6 year old, it was a mental game to associate words with the caste..as a wild imagination. because i did not know most of the people. the caste names itself has not been in my radar for over 55 years, but just suddenly this perked up some old corners of a rather moribund and increasingly failing database.

so did not think through any potential harm in posting it here. the word association was like this form...and no offence meant

mudaliar - mudhalai - crocodile (would they all look like that?)
pillai - were they all boys (even the girls?)
chozhiyan - (used to hear chembai addressed such) - did he have chozhis (shells) all the time
soothran - reference to the nether part (apologies here sincerely to those concerned..because this i would consider my worst word assocaition and if there is any repentence, it would be for this)
nayudus - did they all keep dogs? or let your imagination run wild there
nairs - same as nayudus
nambiars - all these are nambis (trusted folks)
puri - did they eat only that? - our north indian neighbour :)

.... and so it went on. many many more...and the above is just a sample that comes to my mind now, after more than half a century.

at 5/6, only child, living in a upstairs of a rather busy street, i had no friends except my own imagination. word association and day dreaming were my companions, instantly called in, always available and never boring.

there was no connection to reality, but i do realize somewhere there naina's gentle feelings were pricked. hopefully my explanation, if not assuaged it, would atleast provide a band aid :)

Last edited:
i see where you are coming from.. and in that context, what i said was not right. apologies only to you for your feelings.

nothing to be shared with some #^%$& who jumped into the bandwagon without any cogent reason,but hatred for me and for beating me up. those i despise, but you sir, i have respect. i feel i owe you more..and hence this below note.

ok, here is my explanation.

when i was child, i used to hear my parents identify folks by their caste, and to a 5/6 year old, it was a mental game to associate words with the caste..as a wild imagination. because i did not know most of the people. the caste names itself has not been in my radar for over 55 years, but just suddenly this perked up some old corners of a rather moribund and increasingly failing database.

so did not think through any potential harm in posting it here. the word association was like this form...and no offence meant

mudaliar - mudhalai - crocodile (would they all look like that?)
pillai - were they all boys (even the girls?)
chozhiyan - (used to hear chembai addressed such) - did he have chozhis (shells) all the time
soothran - reference to the nether part (apologies here sincerely to those concerned..because this i would consider my worst word assocaition and if there is any repentence, it would be for this)
nayudus - did they all keep dogs? or let your imagination run wild there
nairs - same as nayudus
nambiars - all these are nambis (trusted folks)
puri - did they eat only that? - our north indian neighbour :)

.... and so it went on. many many more...and the above is just a sample that comes to my mind now, after more than half a century.

at 5/6, only child, living in a upstairs of a rather busy street, i had no friends except my own imagination. word association and day dreaming were my companions, instantly called in, always available and never boring.

there was no connection to reality, but i do realize somewhere there naina's gentle feelings were pricked. hopefully my explanation, if not assuaged it, would atleast provide a band aid :)
association of animals with caste -I find .it very bizarre. but veterans members getting provoked shows how deeply caste systems have permeated our thinking and living attitudes . my son schooled in delhi came to know his caste only at the time of admission to an engg college in tamil nadu.and I saw to it that it did not affect his thinking when finding a mate for marriage for him.

association of animals with caste -I find .it very bizarre. but veterans members getting provoked shows how deeply caste systems have permeated our thinking and living attitudes . my son schooled in delhi came to know his caste only at the time of admission to an engg college in tamil nadu.and I saw to it that it did not affect his thinking when finding a mate for marriage for him.

dear krish, lest this post start another round of mud slinging :), i wish to reiterate these were thoughts of a six year old without any friends in an upstairs flat...long ago and based on words he used to hear his parents.

have forgotten all this..but for this post which appeared to have woken up some long lost 'games' given up for dead. ok?

hopefully rest of the public including the petty minds and the nuisance folks, dont take upon your views here and accusse me now of bestiality and worse. if this happens i will haunt them and their progeny for infinity till they all run to the ends of the earth, screaming in horror!! :)

dear krish, lest this post start another round of mud slinging :), i wish to reiterate these were thoughts of a six year old without any friends in an upstairs flat...long ago and based on words he used to hear his parents.

have forgotten all this..but for this post which appeared to have woken up some long lost 'games' given up for dead. ok?

hopefully rest of the public including the petty minds and the nuisance folks, dont take upon your views here and accusse me now of bestiality and worse. if this happens i will haunt them and their progeny for infinity till they all run to the ends of the earth, screaming in horror!! :)
k. in view of your reiteration that these are thoughts of a six year old alone in a flat long long ago.we have to say that the child in you comes out to haunt many in this site. you can continue your posts in rebutting the posts you receive as a result and duly continue to entertain us with such posts

jokes apart ,It would be good to have a website for all TBS in india and US other than Tamilnadu to access prospective girls and boys for marriage. It would be useful. Many of them have a liberal mindset and would make a good match for others .

jokes apart ,It would be good to have a website for all TBS in india and US other than Tamilnadu to access prospective girls and boys for marriage. It would be useful. Many of them have a liberal mindset and would make a good match for others .

there are many many of them..

the one that i found handy is e-matrimony. a couple of youngsters in usa got married through that. it is fairly exhaustive i believe (200 questions or such) and money has to be paid.

one was an iyengar boy who met his marathi lifemate both living in nyc. within a week after meeting he proposed, she accepted. he went to her parents, won them over, by saashtaanga namaskaram followed by abhivadhey :). they were clean bowled. now these live in hongkong and have a son recently.

incidentally this above started as a lark. his visiting cousin from mumbai wanted a bride. so they both filled out ematrimony together. the hero got the girl. the sidekick still waiting.

the other was an iyer girl who married a north indian. she double doctor in speciality pushing 32+ and no chance of romance what with the heavy schedules and surgeries. her parents put an ad in ematrimony, founded a like minded doctor and married them off. 3 years ago. no children. yet.

there are many many of them..

the one that i found handy is e-matrimony. a couple of youngsters in usa got married through that. it is fairly exhaustive i believe (200 questions or such) and money has to be paid.

one was an iyengar boy who met his marathi lifemate both living in nyc. within a week after meeting he proposed, she accepted. he went to her parents, won them over, by saashtaanga namaskaram followed by abhivadhey :). they were clean bowled. now these live in hongkong and have a son recently.

incidentally this above started as a lark. his visiting cousin from mumbai wanted a bride. so they both filled out ematrimony together. the hero got the girl. the sidekick still waiting.

the other was an iyer girl who married a north indian. she double doctor in speciality pushing 32+ and no chance of romance what with the heavy schedules and surgeries. her parents put an ad in ematrimony, founded a like minded doctor and married them off. 3 years ago. no children. yet.
thanks . noted the site details . my relative in singapore wanted a US based groom since he felt his daughter could not adjust toTamilnadu TB types . after locating one thru matrimonial site and boy and girl transacting on the net, went to US and half sealed the deal .Then found out that the prospective groom had a minor brush with cops in US leading to a position that he could not leave US for india for marriage for 1 year . My relative was informed that marriage in US is a possibility he could consider. He developed cold feet and dropped the alliance. There are risks to a US based alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back