• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

IIT Kanpur website on Vedas, Shastras etc.

*IIT Kanpur has develped a website on our treasures of Vedas, Shahstras etc.* Finally someone from today's science & technology field, is pursuing this seriously in india.

*Check it out:* https://www.gitasupersite.iitk.ac.in/

No issue of language as IITK smartly put each Shloka in various languages. Most amazingly, commentary on each shloka by various scholars has also been provided. When you select the language as Bengali, it automatically translates everything into Bengali. Fabulous use of technology.
🙏

*IIT Kanpur has develped a website on our treasures of Vedas, Shahstras etc.* Finally someone from today's science & technology field, is pursuing this seriously in india.

*Check it out:* https://www.gitasupersite.iitk.ac.in/

No issue of language as IITK smartly put each Shloka in various languages. Most amazingly, commentary on each shloka by various scholars has also been provided. When you select the language as Bengali, it automatically translates everything into Bengali. Fabulous use of technology.
🙏

Yes, I have checked it out and I am currently comparing the Valmiki Ramayan the IIT site with the one I have from a different author and there is some differences in interpretation of some verses.

But over all IIT Kanpur is doing a great job.

The analysis of the Sundarakhandam Ramayana gives us a glimpse to the age of the earth at that time.
Cos there is a mention of crocodiles in the sea and as we know salt water crocodiles are currently only present in South East Asia and some parts of Australia.

So if it was present back then in days of Ramayan it could give us an idea on which pieces of land broke away and formed new continents and its interesting too cos the Natives of Australia do share some genetic similarity with some tribes of Tamil Nadu.

Then again the mention of sulphur in the soil of the mountain when Hanuman steps on it and it so easily flammable also again some volcanic tendencies..a very young earth, but we dont see volcanoes in India now but seen in Indonesia...again some land drift.

Really interesting to analyze the verses of Valmiki Ramayana.
God know whys I can never feel Bhakti when I read the Ramayana but it surely gives me a lot of neuronal activity to analyze it.

Yes, I have checked it out and I am currently comparing the Valmiki Ramayan the IIT site with the one I have from a different author and there is some differences in interpretation of some verses.

But over all IIT Kanpur is doing a great job.

The analysis of the Sundarakhandam Ramayana gives us a glimpse to the age of the earth at that time.
Cos there is a mention of crocodiles in the sea and as we know salt water crocodiles are currently only present in South East Asia and some parts of Australia.

So if it was present back then in days of Ramayan it could give us an idea on which pieces of land broke away and formed new continents and its interesting too cos the Natives of Australia do share some genetic similarity with some tribes of Tamil Nadu.

Then again the mention of sulphur in the soil of the mountain when Hanuman steps on it and it so easily flammable also again some volcanic tendencies..a very young earth, but we dont see volcanoes in India now but seen in Indonesia...again some land drift.

Really interesting to analyze the verses of Valmiki Ramayana.
God know whys I can never feel Bhakti when I read the Ramayana but it surely gives me a lot of neuronal activity to analyze it.
hi

i think ....in Ramayana period.....Bali/sumatra islands...land was spread from persia to combodia

was as single land...including malaysia/indonesia/ thailand/ srilanka....may be small streams/

river divided ....but not sea as we see now....so lot of connectivity among present different

nations....

hi

i think ....in Ramayana period.....Bali/sumatra islands...land was spread from persia to combodia

was as single land...including malaysia/indonesia/ thailand/ srilanka....may be small streams/

river divided ....but not sea as we see now....so lot of connectivity among present different

nations....
Yes...it seems like that from the info in the Ramayan.

Yes...it seems like that from the info in the Ramayan.
hi

I think.....Ramayana mostly south east Asia/ Asia are more connected......But Mahabharata mostly

west Asia upto persian/present day Iran /Iraq connected.....like gandhar is in afganisthan....sakuni/

gandhari are from that area.....so west is mostly land locked till today...only south east asian

countries is under sea covered...

very nice efforts. I saw Sankaracharya's works,esp.his stostram on Subramanya of Tiruchendur.
Language provision is nice, Upanishads are still to come.Ramayanam compilation is excellant.
W e have to find time to see all.

Latest ads

Back