• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Vaduvoor - Kothavasal Lineage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Members,

I am trying to contact current generations who have had their roots in Vaduvoor and going deeper to Kothavasal (currently called Mukundhanur). I have come to know that certain forefathers of the current generation with their roots to Vaduvoor migrated from Kothavasal which used to be an Iyengar Agraharam a long time back. It has been stated that the amman temple there is the Kula-Deivam. Recently (1 yr back) the koil kumbabishekam was completed. I wish to get in touch with all such members. I will need help from all the members to refer anyone of such lineage.

You can reach me at : [email protected]
Name: Vaduvoor P. Ram Prasad

Sree Matrae Namahah.
Rama Rama Hare Rama.

Dear Members,

I am trying to contact current generations who have had their roots in Vaduvoor and going deeper to Kothavasal (currently called Mukundhanur). I have come to know that certain forefathers of the current generation with their roots to Vaduvoor migrated from Kothavasal which used to be an Iyengar Agraharam a long time back. It has been stated that the amman temple there is the Kula-Deivam. Recently (1 yr back) the koil kumbabishekam was completed. I wish to get in touch with all such members. I will need help from all the members to refer anyone of such lineage.

Sree Matrae Namahah.
Rama Rama Hare Rama.

Sri. Ram Prasad, Greetings.

My eldest sister's husband's family was from Vaduvoor. But he grew up in Kumbakonam. I heard only his grandfather was from Vaduvoor. Unfortunately he is nomore now. His children would not know anything about Vaduvoor. But I don't know if his family had any connection with Kothavasal though.

Sri Raghy.

Thanks for your response. I have noticed that many of the current generation have no idea of this. I would like to get in touch with generations originating from Vaduvoor also especially from Purana Theru. I have been informed that my forefathers belonged to Madapusi Puranam. If you or anyone could throw some light on this. I will be grateful

Sree Matrae Namahah.
Rama Rama Hare Rama.

Sri Ram,

Our family hails from Vaduvur and Sri Rama is our Kula deivam. We still are associated with the Vaduvur Sri Kothanda Ramar temple, Srimad Andavan Patasala etc. My Chiththi hails from Kodavasal and resides in vaduvur as of today.

Our clan is called "Madabushi Puranam".

Regards,

Dear Members,

Sree Matrae Namahah.
Rama Rama Hare Rama.

Hi,

I know quite a few family members who have connection with Vaduvur. I know a family which is living there also. Are you talking here about kodavasal or kothavasal? Are the two the same? I know a few families from Kodavasal too(Smartha brahmins) which has an agraharam even today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back