• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Upanayanam

1. What is COVID's part in wearing Poonal? You said you are 13. May be you are shy in showing off your bare chest with Poonal across. Your friends may ridicule you. Just tell me, whether your Jew friends are shy in wearing their cap? Does yourIslamic friends are shy in wearing their cap or growing beard? If anybody asks you, explain why you are wearing Poonal. They will understand. Gayathri Matha be with you.

R.Ramaswami

I am actually really proud to wear a poonal as it is amazing part of our culture.My parents say that I should only got to srirangam and do it and I cannot do it where I am leaving right now.My only concern is i cannot travel to India now and I am aging.So I might miss my Opportunity to wear a poonal as I am getting older

You have asked for the upanayanam ceremony while the reply you got it as the daily wearing of poonal (because it may interpret in that way too from your content).

Don't worry you may get the opportunity in future too after covid may be in your age of 15(or later too). Your concern is understood and it is good to do the ceremony between 7 and 13 but what to do if circumstances beyond our control. So you can do it in your next trip to India that is Srirangam. All the best.

To perform upanayanam there exists veda pandits (here in TN some people say vadhyar and some sastrigal). Your father will be doing main things along with your mother as per the instructions and manthra received from veda pandits.

You may invite to grace the occasion all your near and dear relatives and friends.

Latest ads

Back