• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

u.s. diplomat undergoes cultural sensitivity course

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunjuppu

The Hindu : News / National : U.S. diplomat caught in row joins cultural sensitivity course

it is very interesting to note that not only has the usa govt apologized, but maureen chao the diplomat in question, has apparently been ordered to undergo cultural sensitivity course.

i am reminded of a similar situation, when indian ambassador nani palkhivala, was apparently helping usa president carter's mother lilian carter with measuring her shoe size. apparently the photo was seen as an embarassment to india's 'dignity' and palkhivala was disgraced and recalled. shows our mentality and in bad light, i think.

talking of black tamils, i have heard the typical madrasi joke of the north of yesteryears, when tambrams were the most prominent group, involved around our dark skin, our singsong accent and our penchant for thayir saadham or something like that.

my relatives in singapore, have also mentioned, that the chinese there look down on our dark skin, and if any chinese girl is seen going out with a tamil boy, the disparaging comments about the colour of our skin is dished out in hakka or cantonese. apparently. and vouched by a chinese girl married to a tamil friend of ours.

considering that maureen chao, appears, from her name, an american of chinese ancestry, this type of remark, shows that our racial memories are intact, atleast for a few generations. the american concept of civility and equality apparently has not rubbed off enough on ms chao. but we indians too live in glass houses, and are worst qualified to throw stones. :)

Indeed Her Remark is Very Unfortunate.She must not have exposed such uncivilized Wordings.

This also shows their Uncivilized Nature.

The Political Trend in India is Unfair and The Parliament must have Condemned such remarks of The Diplomat.

If the very same Tamils are Expelled from NASA , It is sure that NASA can not function without Tamils ,as I came to know that many no of Tamils are in High Posts in NASA.

Before exposing such comments,Everyone must think about the Back Effects.

Indeed Her Remark is Very Unfortunate.She must not have exposed such uncivilized Wordings.

This also shows their Uncivilized Nature.

The Political Trend in India is Unfair and The Parliament must have Condemned such remarks of The Diplomat.

If the very same Tamils are Expelled from NASA , It is sure that NASA can not function without Tamils ,as I came to know that many no of Tamils are in High Posts in NASA.

Before exposing such comments,Everyone must think about the Back Effects.

TSS,

i dont think that nasa would be down to its knees if the tamils quit or fired. i think we have an exaggerated sense of our own importance. please provide some statistics to support your theory.

again, why did you not comment on the shameful way we treated nani palkhivala.

atleast the usa had the honesty to accept their mistake. we indians are so swollen headed with our sense of importance and righteousness, we cannot appear to admit to any mistake. and mistakes, sir, we have committed as many as anyone else.

modesty, honesty, introspection - i think these are traits that we need to cultivate, in order to earn respect from other countries. otherwise we are no better than saddam hussain.

The Hindu : News / National : U.S. diplomat caught in row joins cultural sensitivity course

i am reminded of a similar situation, when indian ambassador nani palkhivala, was apparently helping usa president carter's mother lilian carter with measuring her shoe size. apparently the photo was seen as an embarassment to india's 'dignity' and palkhivala was disgraced and recalled. shows our mentality and in bad light, i think.

. :)

sh,kj, from where you pick that very very relevant examples? i was stoned..

trust me im so curious to know about that magic wand!

does that come out of your own wisdom/wide reading/been keen on news since age 5/ internet/ reading books/ or just like me who rely on the art of google and advanced search engines ?

i would admit, im bit got stoned by that skill... share me the secret please !

with love .

Last edited by a moderator:
my relatives in singapore, have also mentioned, that the chinese there look down on our dark skin, and if any chinese girl is seen going out with a tamil boy, the disparaging comments about the colour of our skin is dished out in hakka or cantonese. apparently. and vouched by a chinese girl married to a tamil friend of ours.

No doubt the Chinese like fair skin, but they also like big Indian eyes. Incidentally I have only seen Chinese women marry some Indian men, but not the other way around. White guys are still the first choice I think. In either case the babies turn out to be quite cute.

In Malaysia and Singapore its always the Indian guy that marries the Chinese women. Its very rare to find Chinese men marrying Indian women. Its like this: More White women date/marry Black men then White men dating/marrying Black women.

A Chinese and Indian baby is known in Malaysia as "Chindian" and they usually tend to look Malay!

No doubt the Chinese like fair skin, but they also like big Indian eyes. Incidentally I have only seen Chinese women marry some Indian men, but not the other way around. White guys are still the first choice I think. In either case the babies turn out to be quite cute.

Somehow the Non Indian females out here tend to fall in love only with Indian men who are above average looks, professionals, rich and well placed .
Never seen them chase after any Indian guy sweeping the road.
I dont think Love is very Blind..I feel its with Infra Red Vison like Predator(anyone seen the movie Predator?)

All babies are cute... when they grow up only then we know who looks good or not.

Rules for dating in Malaysia.
Indian guys here apply this rule when they date girls.

If they are dating Non Indian Girls these are the rules:

1)If the girl makes the 1st move...they say she is friendly and cool
2)If she doesnt look pretty...they say..I like her for her heart and not for her looks.
3)If she makes him spend on her...they say she is worth it.
4)If she jumps in bed with him..they say she loves me.
5)when she wants to marry him..they say Yes I will and even fight with parents,even convert and marry them.

Ok now if its with an Indian girl.

1)If the girl makes the 1st move...they say she is cheap.
2)If she doesnt look pretty...they say yucks she is not my taste.
3)If she makes him spend on her...they say she is money minded.
4)If she jumps in bed with him..they say she is a slut and would have done the same with many guys.
5)when she wants to marry him..they say I cant..you are not my caste/subtype and my mum will die if i break the family tradition.

Rules for dating in Malaysia.
Indian guys here apply this rule when they date girls.

If they are dating Non Indian Girls these are the rules:

1)If the girl makes the 1st move...they say she is friendly and cool
2)If she doesnt look pretty...they say..I like her for her heart and not for her looks.
3)If she makes him spend on her...they say she is worth it.
4)If she jumps in bed with him..they say she loves me.
5)when she wants to marry him..they say Yes I will and even fight with parents,even convert and marry them.

Ok now if its with an Indian girl.

1)If the girl makes the 1st move...they say she is cheap.
2)If she doesnt look pretty...they say yucks she is not my taste.
3)If she makes him spend on her...they say she is money minded.
4)If she jumps in bed with him..they say she is a slut and would have done the same with many guys.
5)when she wants to marry him..they say I cant..you are not my caste/subtype and my mum will die if i break the family tradition.

Spot on Rekka! These are the double standards employed by Malaysian Indian guys only for Indian girls.

renu,

your post #10.

had a good chuckle over it. sad it read it twice though. nincompoops, our young guys in malaysia. i guess most of them are hindu tamil too!!

sh,kj, from where you pick that very very relevant examples? i was stoned..

trust me im so curious to know about that magic wand!

does that come out of your own wisdom/wide reading/been keen on news since age 5/ internet/ reading books/ or just like me who rely on the art of google and advanced search engines ?

i would admit, im bit got stoned by that skill... share me the secret please !

with love .

you flatter me shiv :)

i will take the flattery, but i do not have an answer for you.

i simply dont know how to answer you. :)

renu,

your post #10.

had a good chuckle over it. sad it read it twice though. nincompoops, our young guys in malaysia. i guess most of them are hindu tamil too!!

All types of South Indians Kunjus, TBs included.
Tamil Muslims marry their relatives from India and get a hefty dowry.
Tamil Christians here always insists on conversion of spouse.

Out here in Malaysia we have many nuts cases.There is a Devar lawyer who wont buy vegetables from a particular market cos he says low caste indians sell it there.Can you imagine?
But he has no problems buying mutton and chicken from a Non Hindu.

Kunjuppu mama believe it or not its not just local Malaysian Hindu guys. Many Indian expats especially in the IT industry who are unmarried are open to and prefer Chinese/Malay ladies rather than local Hindu women. These Indian expats also look down on Malaysian Indians for whatever reasons.

I don't beleive its very different in North American either. Indians from India would probably feel more superior to their ABCD counterparts and think ABCDs are too American, too laid back etc. I think its inevitable. 1st generation smugness will be there.

i think canadian,american,malaysian etc-indian women look smashing :).*sigh* i dnt why maureen had to say that especially when you are in diplomatic wing of state department.tamil,andhra,kannadiga,punjabi girls just rock :)

Hello All,
What happened to the US Diplomat about whom this thread was started. Lol
Alwan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back