• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Two legs only. Any significance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Among our Hindu Gods we have seen ஆறு முகம் பன்னிறு கை , பத்து தலை இருபது கை ,நான் முகன் ,முக்கண்ணன் Etc. In all these situation more than normal numbers of these are organs are described specially when the body is human. But I haven"t heard of any character with more than 2 legs. Is it so? If so any explanation ? Jambu:noidea:

Last edited:
This is lakshmi with 8 limbs 6legs plus 2 arms.Human child

1GirlMumBARC_468x292.jpg

Last edited:
I got this picture dragged from web Page Legs . Now I am hunting for it Not able to locate it. When I get it I will keep you posted Jambu:eek:hwell:

I got this picture dragged from web Page Legs . Now I am hunting for it Not able to locate it. When I get it I will keep you posted Jambu:eek:hwell:

Namaste Dr.T.N.Jambunathanji,

The baby girl's name is Lakshmi Tatma, one can google the same to find more info.

Sir, you raised nice question ie I mean the thread !!!

Jai SiyaRaam

The number of heads and hands are nothing but a metaphorical way of expressing that one has vast gnanam and skills.
All our hymns say that we should reach the holy feet of God. Irrespective of the difference in the number of hands and heads, all gods are one and the same and it is His feet that we should strive towards. There should be no confusion about our goal. So all gods are depicted as having only two feet.

i THINK WE WANTED TO DIFFERENCIATE GOD FROM MAN SO THAT WE WORSHIP WITH BHAYA AND BHAKTHI. HENCE THIS CHANGE IN BODY AND UPWARDS. REGARDING LEGS IF IT IS INCREASED IT WOULD LOOK LIKE ANIMAL WHICH IS INFERIOR TO HUMAN ALSO IF REDUCED IT WILL BE SINGLE LEGGED OR WITHOUT WHICH WILL NOT CREATE BHAYA OR BHAKTHI. HENCE NO CHANGE IN LEGGS.

ALSO ANY WITHFOUR OR MORE LEGS HAS TO BENTDOWN .

Dear Kr Subramanian

We do worship Narsimha Varaha Hanuman Hyagreeva & lovable Vinayka are all animal forms partly, and you suggest that this to create Bhaya integrated with Bhakthi. But legs if increased will look like animal that are inferior to human & may not create Bhaya part of Bhakthi. Elephant is not associated with Bhaya but love & We do have Bhakthi to Vinayaka without fear but with love. This I feel does not fully explain " two legs only" for Gods.

Jambu:sorry:

Sir, My point was increasing legs (only) will make us bent to walk as can be seen in animals. We want our God to stand erect and command . We have certain lovable animals whose face we have given to God. They also we want to be above human and hence given two legs.

i THINK WE WANTED TO DIFFERENCIATE GOD FROM MAN SO THAT WE WORSHIP WITH BHAYA AND BHAKTHI. HENCE THIS CHANGE IN BODY AND UPWARDS. REGARDING LEGS IF IT IS INCREASED IT WOULD LOOK LIKE ANIMAL WHICH IS INFERIOR TO HUMAN ALSO IF REDUCED IT WILL BE SINGLE LEGGED OR WITHOUT WHICH WILL NOT CREATE BHAYA OR BHAKTHI. HENCE NO CHANGE IN LEGGS.

ALSO ANY WITHFOUR OR MORE LEGS HAS TO BENTDOWN .

Dear kr subramanian . You are great. You have the answer. Ignore my previous posting. Your answer is in the last line Which I did not understand fully initially After pondering over that some time I got the answer you have suggested

We all want our Gods to be erect straight and tall among others. This standing position is possible only with 2 legs and not with any less or more This is true physiologically & anatomically That is why Gods with 2 legs only. Fantastic!!

Your posting is like பலாப்பழம் . சுளையின் சுவையை அனுபவிக்க you need to struggle and take lots of efforts to reach at it I did that and enjoyed பலாச்சுளையின் சுவையை Jambu :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back