• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Village doctor with no legs has worn out 30 wooden benches in her 15 year career of m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lalit

Wow! Wow! Wow!!! Hats off to Dr. Li Juhong! May she be blessed with stamina - physical, emotional and mental to continue her wonderful service!

[h=1]Village doctor with no legs has worn out 30 wooden benches in her 15 year career of making house calls[/h]
villagefemaledoctor-chongqing-1.jpg

Meet 37-year-old Li Juhong from outside of Chongqing. She had to have her legs amputated at the age of four after a car accident, but instead of losing heart, she was ended up being inspired by the tragic incident. For the last 15 years, she has worked as a village doctor. To get around, she uses wooden benches as "legs" while visiting her patients.
villagefemaledoctor-chongqing-2.jpg

After losing her legs in 1983, Li began practicing to walk with the aid of two wooden benches. After countless hours of practice, she eventually became adept at moving around when she was eight, Tencent reports.
villagefemaledoctor-chongqing-3.jpg

Because of what had happened to her, Li made up her mind to become a doctor, to help heal the sick and save lives. After she graduated from a vocational school, she started her work at a clinic in Wadian village in 2001.
villagefemaledoctor-chongqing-4.jpg

Over her 15 year career as a village doctor, Li has worn out a total of 30 benches. To save some wear and tear, her husband often carries her on his back to take her to visit patients.
villagefemaledoctor-chongqing-5.jpg

"Compared with most others, I've come against more difficulties," Li says. "But, I always whisper to myself that 'God helps those who help themselves' in order to inspire me to keep moving forward."
villagefemaledoctor-chongqing-6.jpg

According to an official statistic, Li has helped her fellow villagers on around 6,000 different occasions over the past 15 years.
villagefemaledoctor-chongqing-7.jpg

Li's 12-year-old son says he is inspired by his mom, and plans to become a doctor as well when he grows up.
villagefemaledoctor-chongqing-8.jpg

villagefemaledoctor-chongqing-9.jpg

villagefemaledoctor-chongqing-10.jpg

In some sort of crazy cosmic coincidence, there's another village doctor outside of Chongqing who makes house calls on one leg, and has been doing it for over a dozen years.

By Lucy Liu
[Images via China News]

God bless her and her family.

Her husband too is a supportive person.

But I wonder..being a doc..didnt she think of prosthesis that would make walking easier?

May be she prefers to move about this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back