• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Tuberculosis in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sudeshwer

In today's Wall Street Journal front page, there is report about raising tuberculosis problems. Dr. Zarir Udwadia from Mumbai was interviewed and says that India is in race to contain untreatable tuberculosis. The report is very big. In fact, here in California I work in a school valuntarily. I had to undergo TB test almost every year. I checked with other Indians who are employed here. They also said that they also go for TB test regularly. I havent checked up with Asian communities. I thought TB is controlled in India but it is again showing. any inputs

Some where in this forum, I mentioned about TB please check that one

In fact, here in California I work in a school valuntarily. I had to undergo TB test almost every year. I checked with other Indians who are employed here. They also said that they also go for TB test regularly. I havent checked up with Asian communities
Mr. Sudeshwar,

Your statement can be misinterpreted. I want to clarify that even White/Black Americans who work with patients or others have to undergo annual TB screening. It is not just Indians, but people from Mexico and Africa bring TB to this country. So USA is trying to protect its people from getting TB.

No.3 Mr Prasad, I dont question them. they are justified on TB test. what I want to know is about TB (not tamil brahmin) position in India. by the way I wish to inform my TB forum friends that my name is K Srinivasan; sudeshwer (sudha and eashwer- my daughter and my son) is my email ID. thanks

New, deadlier form of TB hits India
Malathy Iyer, TNN Jan 7, 2012, 05.39AM IST

World Health Organization|Tuberculosis|TB|Iran|Hinduja Hospital at Mahim|common cold
MUMBAI: Tuberculosis, which kills around 1,000 people a day in India, has acquired a deadlier edge. A new entity-ominously called Totally Drug-Resistant TB (TDR-TB )-has been isolated in the fluid samples of 12 TB patients in the past three months alone at Hinduja Hospital at Mahim . The hospital's laboratory has been certified by the World Health Organization (WHO) to test TB patients for drug resistance.TB: gravest danger to India.

Tuberculosis has emerged as the greatest danger to India threatening the health of millions. More than 4,500 people die everyday unable to battle the disease. It is not AIDS that will be India's greatest threat, as most of us believe, warns Ramesh Menon.
http://www.indiatogether.org/2006/nov/hlt-tbdanger.htm

Last edited:
No.5 Mr Prasad: so I was not wrong. TB is not controlled in India, but curable. Wall Street Journal news item is based on certain basic facts and figures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back