• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Trust For poor Brahmin

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi folks
We are proposing to help two meritorious pattar students who are poor. please
publish the following message:
FINANCIAL GRANT FOR EDUCATION OF POOR BRAHMIN STUDENTS

Dear Friends,
We are proposing to sponsor Higher education for deserving Brahmin Iyer boys
and girls. We intend to offer the following financial aid to two students for
their education for class XI-XII and for graduate degree college education. The
students must belong to any one of Palakkad gramams ( Agraharams). The
students will seek admission to a college or school in Palakkad. Children of
widowed women and girl students will be given priority.
1. One student entering Class XI will be selected. The student should have
proven academic record up to Tenth standard (minimum 80% marks). Annual income
of parents not exceeding Rs.100,000. The student should secure admission through
merit. The Financial grant will be :
a. Tuition fee actual paid to college up to a maximum of Rs 2000 per annum
b. A book grant for purchase of all prescribed books subject to maximum of 1500
Rs per annum,
And
c. Incidental expenses Rs 1500 per annum
d. Exam fee at actuals
2. One student who has secured admission to Three year Bachelors degree
Science/Commerce /Arts (on Merit) to be selected. Annual income of parents not
exceeding 1,50,000. The Financial grant will be :
a. Tuition fee actual paid to college up to a maximum of Rs 3000 per annum
b. A book grant for purchase of books , stationery, subject to maximum of 2000
Rs per annum,
And
c. Incidental expenses Rs 1500 per annum
d. Exam Fee at actuals
e.
In both cases, the grant will be continued only if the candidate continues to
maintain acceptably good academic record.
If you know any student needing help, please inform us the details of the
students and their parents to our email id. We will send a form via email or
post which the students have to fill up and get their status attested and
recommended by some responsible person. We will select the most deserving
students fulfilling the criteria by making independent enquiries. Please pass on
the message to others.
We have a plan to fund B. Ed degree for a student who passed B.Sc with first
class from the above.
Parvathi PV and G. Rajagopal Iyer
101, Ganesh Siri Sampada Apartments
Dwarakapuri Colony Panjagutta Hyderabad 500082
Phone: 040-23352165
Email: rajagopal.iyer@...

coutesy www.keralaiyers.com

regards
tbs

Formation of the trust will be over in the next few days and we shall open a bank account immediately.

I am listing below few of my thoughts for choosing eligible beneficiaries

1. For poor brahmin boys and girls, we shall give assistance on case to case basis for school education on non-returnable basis.

2.For college education, if bank loan is available, we shall try to organise bank loan and let the beneficiary repay the money to the concerned bank

3. For those who are not eligible for bank loan, we shall provide the money by way of interest free loan. Once the beneficiary gets gainful employment, let him return the money in suitable installments. If the beneficiary decides, let him add interest portion and pay more money to the trust (Let us follow Islamic banking principle)

4. We shall try to organise medical treatment in good Government hospitals and also provide financial assistance on case to case basis. Last year we were able to get an operation done at Stanley Hospital, Chennai where the treatment was done at Rs.4,000 against the demand Rs.40,000 from this forum. If medical insurance is available, let us try to get the claim processed.

Right now let us avoid old age assistance etc

We shall evolve a mechanism to verify the beneficiary so that the funds are deployed correctly.

We welcome further suggestions to refine our assistance program

All the best

Last edited:
Sri RVR,

Happy to know that the formation of Trust is getting right momentum. Let the start be in a modest way, as deemed fit by the initial few are on the spot. By and By things will be more clear and more can be added ,with co-operation of all well minded.

Best wishes for the effort, and pledging co-operation in all possible ways.
Eager to see the Trust become a reality at the very earliest..

Greetings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear all,

The need for speeding up trust formation is felt much more now as compared to last week.

We will make the trust independent of any individual including me and make it a perpetual entity.

There may be differences of opinion in this forum on personal level but it should not be carried to the trust activities. The proposed trust should be totally independent of this forum and its members. At the same time we can make use of this forum to the best possible extent to improve the functioning of the trust.

Let us conduct Swayamvaram functions under the banner of the trust. We have already made registration free for girls at TVM. We shall make it free for boys also once finance position of the trust improves. Let us continue to provide `Annadhanam' to the participants of the event. Our aim is to do service to our community.

Let us try to provide financial assistance for education and medical needs for the poor among our community.

Over a period of time, let us try to help other needy people also.

I am sure all the existing organisers and contributers to the Swayamvaram function will continue to do so in future also. I welcome further views on this from all those who are interested in our movement.

All the best

Let us conduct Swayamvaram functions under the banner of the trust. We have already made registration free for girls at TVM. We shall make it free for boys also once finance position of the trust improves. Let us continue to provide `Annadhanam' to the participants of the event. Our aim is to do service to our community.
Dear RVR,

I agree with you in respect of all the other points. Regarding the above my comments are as under:-

1. We may charge the same Rs.100/= from boys, make the food supply to the participants at reasonable cost (for example, here in TVM, the Sweetland will supply meals/tiffin/coffee at the venue for reasonable charges). The people coming for NS can afford to pay these charges. The surplus should go to the trust, IMO.
2. Since Shri Sarmah has left, whether the horoscopes are available with you/Praveen so that in the future NSs these can be supplied to the participants.
3. What arrangement is to be made for horoscope matching on the spot? Do we have some one else to do that? BTW, I understand that the participants consult their jyosyar after the NS and some proposals fall through on account of that.

Sri Sangom Sir,

My replies are in blue.

Dear RVR,

I agree with you in respect of all the other points. Regarding the above my comments are as under:-

1. We may charge the same Rs.100/= from boys, make the food supply to the participants at reasonable cost (for example, here in TVM, the Sweetland will supply meals/tiffin/coffee at the venue for reasonable charges). The people coming for NS can afford to pay these charges. The surplus should go to the trust, IMO.

Money is not our motive and service to our community is the objective. We will deliberate on your suggestion internally and decide accordingly.

2. Since Shri Sarmah has left, whether the horoscopes are available with you/Praveen so that in the future NSs these can be supplied to the participants.

Shri Swaminatha Sharma is very much committed to the service to our community and I am sure he will not leave us just like that. All the horoscopes will be available to future programs without any problem.

3. What arrangement is to be made for horoscope matching on the spot? Do we have some one else to do that? BTW, I understand that the participants consult their jyosyar after the NS and some proposals fall through on account of that.

Again Sri Swaminatha Sharma may have left tamilbrahmins.com (I am not sure about that) but not Naveena Swayamvaram functions. We, the organisers of NS, will prevail upon him to continue the future events and I am sure he will not let us down.

We, the organisers of NS, are very much committed to the development of our community and nothing on the earth will stop us. We shall work with double the vigour to make the future events more successful. The proposed trust for our community will be a place for effective action and let us all work towards that goal. We shall carry all the members of our community irrespective of differences of opinion in this forum.

I, on behalf of all the organisers, assure our community members that Naveena Swayamvaram and other proposed charitable activities will continue for ever.

All the best

Sir

I shall help in the trust, once it is formed. And from here sir, i shall contact sharma, for the help, as he is near to me from cuddalore. This week end i am meeting him for distribution of my son's marriage invitation and will discuss about next program of this site. thanking you,
yours faithfully, sindhu, cuddalore

Shri RVR & Others,

Happy to see a lot of progress being made towards forming the trust for helping poor people in our community. Meanwhile, I believe it is time for school and college admissions in Tamilnadu.. and there will be bright students out there finding it difficult to continue their education due to lack of funds to pay for admissions. May be if any of you know or come across such students who are in dire need of help,plese let me know.. I can sponsor a few of them to continue their education...
Best regards,
Anantha Narayanan

Shri RVR & Others,

Happy to see a lot of progress being made towards forming the trust for helping poor people in our community. Meanwhile, I believe it is time for school and college admissions in Tamilnadu.. and there will be bright students out there finding it difficult to continue their education due to lack of funds to pay for admissions. May be if any of you know or come across such students who are in dire need of help,plese let me know.. I can sponsor a few of them to continue their education...
Best regards,
Anantha Narayanan

Sri Anantha Narayanan,

Please go through the following link in our forum

http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/sponso...rement-school-education-poor-brahmin-boy.html

Kerala Iyers trust have assessed the needs of the boy and we are waiting for the result from them

Probably you can think of assisting this boy.

All the best

Shri RVR,
Any update on this from KIT? Meanwhile, I saw in another thread, that the formation of the trust is in final stages and that it will be operational by September. I am eagerly looking forward to participate/contribute in some way or the other in the activities of the trust. TTYL.
Best regards,
Vansan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back