• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

To be a Good guy or Bad one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear learned brothers and sisters

We have got thousand s of stories in our PUranas. In all these those who are doing evil (bad) things were at the end Killed by God and given moksha. example. Ravana, Kamsa, Mahisha etc etc. They all had enjoyed life here till end .
There were good charactes like kuchela, Pandavas, etc who had met all the difficulties till end of life and at the end God has given them moksha.
Since we do not know continuation of birth (if at all is there)HOW CAN this be explained. Doing Good and Bad gives you Moksha.
Whereas in Bad you are enjoying life here also.
Please enrich me with your views:nod:

Dear KR Subramanian Ji,

You know no one is actually 100% bad or 100% good.
Is a person doing bad actually feeling happy?
I will give a very simple example: Just say an individual does not declare his income taxes, thus having surplus money to enjoy and be happy.
He is rich, luxurious to the outside world.But wont there be a nagging worry about getting caught by Inland Revenue Board.
Do you really think he is 100% happy.

Now let me give you another example:Just say there is a man who earns a fairly good amount but not really rich, he does not cheat on his taxes.
He is an honest and sincere person but he always wishes that he was richer and feels sad sometimes that he is not leading a luxurios life.
Do you think he is 100% happy?

Being good or being bad might not give you total happiness as long as desire still persists.
Moksha should not be confused with heaven.
All those in the Puranas who were killed by Avatars were given a place in Heaven and not Moksha.
Heaven is just enjoyment for a stipulated period of time hence transient in nature.

We always ask God "why me" when something bads happen.
I read before but I cant remember the name of the individual who said this.
All I remember he was an African American Sports man who died of HIV due to contaminated blood transfussion he received.
He had said that when anything bad happens people ask God "Why me".
He added that when anything good happens to us we should also ask God "Why me"

Dear learned brothers and sisters

We have got thousand s of stories in our PUranas. In all these those who are doing evil (bad) things were at the end Killed by God and given moksha. example. Ravana, Kamsa, Mahisha etc etc. They all had enjoyed life here till end .
There were good charactes like kuchela, Pandavas, etc who had met all the difficulties till end of life and at the end God has given them moksha.
Since we do not know continuation of birth (if at all is there)HOW CAN this be explained. Doing Good and Bad gives you Moksha.
Whereas in Bad you are enjoying life here also.
Please enrich me with your views:nod:

I think we have to differentiate between `Peace of Mind' and`Luxurius Life'.

Music composer Thiagayya lived here about 160 years back. He was enjoying his simple life singing on Lord Rama and earning through `Unchavarthi'.

King offered Ministerial post with lot of material benefits. He refused everything and composed a song `nidhi saala sugama'. In the song he says only lotus feet of Lord Rama will give him pleasure rather than the material benefits and administrative powers.

Pattinathar is suppose to be an avatar of wealth God `Kubera'. He gave up all the wealth and surrendered to Lord Shiva.

Kulasekara Azhwar wants to be with Lord Venkateswara in any of the forms such as a worm, step, pillar etc if he has another birth.

It is the mind which brings peace and not the external factors.

We always invoke `Om Shanti, Om Shanti, Om Shanti'. Our goal is peace and not material wealth.

All the best

Sri Kr Subramaniyan,

I seem to have more questions.

What is the evil thing that Ravana commited? If Surpanaka's proposal was not acceptable, it would have sufficed to either ignore her or keep explaining her until she understood. In what way physically damaging Surpanaka was right? Ravana got furious on seeing his beloved sister in tears and physically assulted. The chain of events followed.

What was the evil thing that Ravana commited?

What was the evil thing Mahabali commited? He compted for 'Indra' post. He had all the qualifications to succeed too. Why would such a noble charecter, Prahalada's grandson, be killed to satisfy the desires of 'Devas'?

Why Mahabali was duped and killed?

What was good about Pandavas? Leave alone gambling, how could Dharma gamble Draupathy? Even a nincompoop like me could not be convinced to gamble even if I consumed half a bottle of Jack Daniels.

I am sorry; too many things don't make sense to me. I sincerely hope some learned member may clear my doubts, please. Thank you.

Dear Sri Raghy & Sri Subramanian,

I have another doubt,

How they would have told anybody that they are attaining Moksham? Is there a clue that, we can leave, or get before leaving the physical body that we are attaining Moksha? Or they were just blessed by the Gods?

Regards,

Sri PVR asked :-

"How they would have told anybody that they are attaining Moksham?"

Sri. PVR,

I have the same question too. But first I like to know who is 'good guy' and who is 'bad guy'. Until the fundementals are established, how can I move forward?

Respected Raghy, I admit that good and bad are relative terms. But in this case we can take into account that good ones are those who are loyal to god and others who oppose god`s ideas.

Here another question also comes to me. HUman is supposed to have atained the maximum of his life when he could see eye to eye the divine power. A person who has seen god or talked to him should have been so purified in thoughts/deeds . (that is what I think because God only shows his roopa to such a high levelled individual). Then how come people who had seen God (had their demands met ) could stoop themselves to such a low level that later on they are killed by the god himself.

iF Even after seeing God AND GETTING VARAMAS we could not control our mind or do good deeds what is the use of JAPA/THAPA. KINDLY GUIDE

Dear Sri Raghy,

I think establishing good guy and bad guy may not be that easy, because Eienstien's relativity theory is the only support I can get. The good guy and bad guy are not sasvatham. Purely relatively. When Rama became bad Rama after killing Vali (without a நேருக்கு நேர் சண்டை), became good Rama after explaining the background.

"So Vali asked the following questions:

• What was my crime?
  • Even if I committed a crime (with my brother), what is your right to kill me?
  • The third statement shows Vali's disapproval of the way Rama killed him. He says, "I was fighting with some other person and was not careful enough when you shot me."
Rama makes the following replies to Vali:

• Your crime was keeping relation with your younger brother's wife even when he was alive. The younger brother should be treated like a son. Even if he made a mistake you should forgive him, specially when he promised to respect you for your whole life.
  • About his authority he said he had permission from King Bharat to spread righteousness and punish evils.
  • The third argument he quoted how great kings did hunting of deers in the past. In fact, Baali in principle could also be kept in the category of deers and a hunting king does not care whether the deer was careful or not.
Vali is satisfied with Rama's answers and even apologised for raising the questions."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vali_%28Ramayana%29

I make bold a line which is quite interesting. I could not resist from remembering Draupati. Are the Ramayana & Mahabharata stories of two entirely different civilization? Here which is the GOOD & WHICH IS BAD?

Thanks

Last edited:
Here, I don't want to hear from the Terrorists, their versions of Good and bad.

(The good and the bad changes according to the

1. The mentality of the do'ers.
2. The mentality of the receivers (a good deed may become bad)
3. Different to the observers
4. The situations (some situations the good guy has to do bad things)

Many things like this.

Good and bad is "Kurudargal aanaiyai paarpadhu polava"?)

Cheers

Last edited:
I believe Good and Bad is within us and we are the better judge of our self being interfered by our “MANASAKSHI” that GOD only can know.

No one of us are good. Every Human being has some sort of wrong thinking against something and or someone. This is the basic challenge that God gives to human beings in this land of survival.

We need to refrain our self and make sure that we are not against justice and not indulging in hurting/ruining any one.

"MANASAKSHI" is the only thing that can evaluate oneself. No other person can determine that a particular person is God or Bad. Every one have different opinion about other person based on one's experiences and relationship with other.

If "A" considers "B" as a very good guy in all the aspects; "C" my consider "B" as a very bad guy and "D" my consider that "B" has two faces - One appears bad and another appears good as per his mean mentality.

But "B" cannot cheat himself. He can not rule over his "MANASAKSHI".

If "B" identifies his bad thoughts and bad deeds, repent extremely for his wrong doing, ask sincere apology to GOD; do "PTCHATHAAPAM" whole heartedly and never repeat anything wrong against his/her "MANASAKHI" in any given situation than "B" would be considered as a very Good person by GOD and may grant "MOKSHAM" to "B" even if “B” considers and accept himself/herself as Bad.

Sri. Kr Subramaniyan asked:-

"Here another question also comes to me. HUman is supposed to have atained the maximum of his life when he could see eye to eye the divine power. A person who has seen god or talked to him should have been so purified in thoughts/deeds . (that is what I think because God only shows his roopa to such a high levelled individual). Then how come people who had seen God (had their demands met ) could stoop themselves to such a low level that later on they are killed by the god himself.

iF Even after seeing God AND GETTING VARAMAS we could not control our mind or do good deeds what is the use of JAPA/THAPA."

Sri. KR Subramaniyan,

This is very valid question. When I was young, I wondered, If a person gets to see the God in a physical form and gets even to commuinicate with the God, then why ask for boons in the first place? As if getting to see the God is not enough boon by itself!

But in puranas and idhikasas, we see a different picture. That is, most of the persons who conducted the tapas attained weapons and/or boons to increase their powers in fighting. Sounds really silly, is it not? Why would a person who could control his/her mind would seek weapons or wordly riches? This also raises one more question - Does a tapas not bring peace to one's mind? obviously not!

I also join Sri. KR Subramaniyan's quest to find guidance from learned members, please. Thank you.

Sri. PVR,

"Your crime was keeping relation with your younger brother's wife even when he was alive."

In Ramayana, Sukrivan's wife was not wedded to both Sukrivan and Vali. But in Mahabharata, Draupathy was living in a polyandry relationship shared by five brothers. So, the quoted condition would not apply in Mahabharata. This is my opinion.

Dear Sri Raghy,

Sri. Kr Subramaniyan asked:-

Sri. KR Subramaniyan,

But in puranas and idhikasas, we see a different picture. That is, most of the persons who conducted the tapas attained weapons and/or boons to increase their powers in fighting. Sounds really silly, is it not? Why would a person who could control his/her mind would seek weapons or wordly riches? This also raises one more question - Does a tapas not bring peace to one's mind? obviously not!

I also join Sri. KR Subramaniyan's quest to find guidance from learned members, please. Thank you.

I can think of only one thing, in BG, , even after seeing / debating with God Sri Krishna, Even after seeing the visvaroopam, Arjuna can not achieve the moksham, before he does his karma, the fighting. So, I think, Japa & Thapa must be a accessories to do our our karma. When swamy asks, he gives a test there itself, "what you want my child?" If the rishi answers, yes i want to come to you, may be he grants, but i think, most of the thapas are aimed at achieving something rather than moksham. So, god gives to those who really succeeds all tests.

I remember a story, a Zen thuravi asks his disciple to bring a bucket of water. The bucket was dirty, added to that the thuravi makes a hole at the bottom. The boy wonders why this thuravi asking me to bring water in a dirty bucket with holes. But he follows, Every time, he brings water, before he reaches the thuravi, because of the holes, the bucket used to be empty. He does several times and finally, he comes to thuravi, he tells that he can not bring water as it contains holes. Then thuravi asks him to see the bucket. The bucket was very clean (because of many trips with water). So the moral goes, till the impurities are there, we must clean with water, msg: japa or thapa may not be sufficient if it is done alone without having the aim to attain moksha.

Acutally the above story was told to learn till any doubts are cleared.
கற்க கசடற கற்ப்பவை கற்றபின்
நிற்க அதற்க்கு தக.

Thanks

The story did not end there I think. The zen guru took his disciple all the way and showed him the beautiful plants filled with flowers, said to him that the water came from your holed bucket has developed these beautiful plants.

The moral is nothing is waste. Some purpose will be solved in doing things.

Pranams

Sri Raghi,

Sri. PVR,

"Your crime was keeping relation with your younger brother's wife even when he was alive."

In Ramayana, Sukrivan's wife was not wedded to both Sukrivan and Vali. But in Mahabharata, Draupathy was living in a polyandry relationship shared by five brothers. So, the quoted condition would not apply in Mahabharata. This is my opinion.

I just wonder, how they can accept to marry a women, when such dharma is there. It is not that after they get marry, the Dharma was written. For this alone, pandavas and their mother are fit to achieve "moksha" directly..Grrrr...

One 180deg opposite proverb is there in Tamil
அண்ணன் பொண்டாட்டி அரை பொண்டாட்டி, தம்பி பொண்டாட்டி தன் பொண்டாட்டி.

சாலி ஆதி கர் வாலி

Cheers

The story did not end there I think. The zen guru took his disciple all the way and showed him the beautiful plants filled with flowers, said to him that the water came from your holed bucket has developed these beautiful plants.

The moral is nothing is waste. Some purpose will be solved in doing things.

Pranams

very good and apt ending., i read long back, So I think I remembered some part of it.

Thanks, A fit Climax.

cheers.

Sri PVR growled:-

"I just wonder, how they can accept to marry a women, when such dharma is there. It is not that after they get marry, the Dharma was written. For this alone, pandavas and their mother are fit to achieve "moksha" directly..Grrrr..."

Sri PVR,

Polyantry was a common practice in some socities. Kindly go through the links at your leisure, please.

Polyandry

Tibetan Marriage and Polyandry

Each link has more articles and links. Polyantry is happening till todate as mentioned in some of the articles.

In a polyantry relationship, woman is the boss. No question of divorce. property stays with woman only. Some of the articles discuss the pros and cons of such arrangement in detail.

Cheers.

Dear raman, I too agree ANNANPONDATI.... but let us take KRISHNA. He was with all gopikas of whom many were married.Whenever they hear his PULLANKUZHAL they leave the house/household/ husband/ everything and run after Krishna. Now how are we going to justify it. Even when we are hailing EAKI PATnI VRUTHAM of Rama we have to see that his father had more wifes and Krishna many more . So when god himself set example then to whom we have to ask?

Here question even after seeing god one is not purified then we should admit that there is some sakthi more powerful that God or God cannot change the programmed man released by his birth . If god cannot change the programme (in older words VIDHI) THEN WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF japa/thapa. pLEASE ENLIGHTEN

Sri Kr Subramaniyan,

With due respect to Krishna's 'rasa leela' and all, I have question about his age when he left Gokulam with Akrura. Did he leave at the age of 12 years or at the age of 14 years? What kind of a serious 'relationship' would a 12 or 14 year old boy would have with married women/married girls? Hope someone would provide with answers, please. Thank you.

Sri Kr Subramaniyan,

With due respect to Krishna's 'rasa leela' and all, I have question about his age when he left Gokulam with Akrura. Did he leave at the age of 12 years or at the age of 14 years? What kind of a serious 'relationship' would a 12 or 14 year old boy would have with married women/married girls? Hope someone would provide with answers, please. Thank you.

Sri Raghy ji,

I could read between your lines. I am also thinking on the same lines as yours.

I strongly believe that it was Lord Krishna's divine charisma and positive spiritual vibes that attracted lot of unmarried and married women to him. His divine appearance, Tejas and mesmerizing flute playing pampered the females to get close to him. It is the fact that Lord Krishna was blackish/blue in complexion. They were close to him to feel the pleasure of positive energy and nothing more than that.

Gentlemen

Dear raman, I too agree ANNANPONDATI.... but let us take KRISHNA. He was with all gopikas of whom many were married.Whenever they hear his PULLANKUZHAL they leave the house/household/ husband/ everything and run after Krishna. Now how are we going to justify it. Even when we are hailing EAKI PATnI VRUTHAM of Rama we have to see that his father had more wifes and Krishna many more . So when god himself set example then to whom we have to ask?

Here question even after seeing god one is not purified then we should admit that there is some sakthi more powerful that God or God cannot change the programmed man released by his birth . If god cannot change the programme (in older words VIDHI) THEN WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF japa/thapa. pLEASE ENLIGHTEN

Sri Kr Subramaniyan,

These questions are pretty valid but when posted to ordinary human beings like us would get answers more baffling than the questions. A good thing to do is ask a guru but where it is not possible to delve into the readings of enlightened gurus or yogis. Though thousands of books are available I suggest you read the Bhagawad Gita as interpreted by Paramhansa Yogananda. He gives a masterly account of the symbolism that is rich in our tradition much before Dan Brown has made it a buzzword. Krishna's dalliances with the gopikas is one that is rich with such symbolism and which cannot be taken in a literal sense. I cannot explain this as well as the book.

I will explain this from my very little understanding of this subject. There are four Mahavakyas occurring in our Upanishads all literally meaning that the Paramatman and we mere mortals are the same. The Mahavakya "Prajnanam Brahma" occurring in the Aitreya Upanishad means "the Brahman is realizing the gnana that is the highest". "Aham Brahmasmi" or "I am Brahman" occurs in the Brhadaranyaka Upanishad. "Tat Tvam Asi" or "You are the Brahman"occurs in the Chandogya Upanishad. "Ayam Atma Brahma" or "The Self is the Brahman" occurs in the Mandukya Upanishad. They more or less mean the same thing that we as ordinary mortals or no different from the Brahman as we have come from him but what differentiates us from him is the Maya or Illusion contributed by our purva janma vasanas and the Prarabdha and the Kriyamana karma one is creating. When this Maya is lifted one achieves god-realization.

If you apply this principle to Krishna and the Gopikas, for Krishna who is a Supreme Being or an aspect of him, the Gopikas are already a part of him. He is already in/with them. The Gopikas yearn for him as a devotee seeks god. This is not a kind of relationship that we see today with tainted eyes full of lust and carnal undertones.

Shri. Subramanian, Please don't lose sleep in trying to justify Krishna's actions. If anyone questions, you can tell them to slay some Kamsas in their locality first just like Krishna did. On the question of someone getting purified or not by seeing god, we are talking about an age where the level of consciousness was higher than today as well as dharma. It is generally believed that more number of people were dharmic and it was much more difficult to see or realize god. That is why you read about very hard penance like one legged stance, upside down and all. One underwent all kinds of tests by god. My feeling is after meeting god one sought boons keeping with their basic nature. So rakshasas sought boons which would supposedly destroy and Kshatriyas to win over enemies. But there are also tales of devotees who sought to be with god always and were granted immortality.

On the question of VIDHI, there is a theory that the Law of Karma as made by god cannot be altered even by him so it has to run its course.
More than god himself it is you who can lessen the impact by doing what is rightfully ordained in the scriptures. Since the Law already exists isn't it right that if you created bad karma for yourself you set it right by creating good karma also. Japa and thapa are definitely one of them. Why should god intervene in a physical form when he has already given so many methods of mitigating your bad karma. Apart from japam, tapas, devotion and rituals you can be a model citizen in every other respect to alleviate the bad karma.

Apologies for this lengthy reply.

Respected anandb
Thank u for your enlighting reply. For a layman like me when it is told that Rama lived like a human being and it is for us to follow his steps it is understandable. But at the same time you say that Krishna`s (the latest avatharam) need not be followed. But it has to be looked at higher level. Here I think that nobody has thought of Gopan`s (husband of gopikas) mental state.
As I understood from stories told to me that when we see god there will not be any need. His OORAPARVAI will be enough to lift us from all PAPAS and we will be attaining the extreme level expected of a mankind. Then how come DESIRES exists in us. If even god`s physical presence cannot stop our desire who can.
You said thatI myself can only stop it. Are you saying that VIDHI can be overcome by our own deeds. I have read in a book that each second of our life is already programmed and even blinking of eye is programmed and we canot change it. If so what is the use of goingto temple or doing rituals? Please correct me if I am wrong

.... Then how come DESIRES exists in us. If even god`s physical presence cannot stop our desire who can.
You said thatI myself can only stop it. Are you saying that VIDHI can be overcome by our own deeds. I have read in a book that each second of our life is already programmed and even blinking of eye is programmed and we canot change it. If so what is the use of goingto temple or doing rituals? Please correct me if I am wrong

krs,

i too am interested in answers in layman's language, as i am not at all read in scriptures.

every day, to me, life is a building block, starting from seconds and moving on to minutes and hours. to be aware of each minute itself, i do seldom. most of the time, it passes me, and later i wonder where it went.

i can say this too about my actions. most of it, is an instinctive reaction to a situation. one simple example, many a times, i just heap the food on my plate, and wash my hands, and sit infront of a t.v. and eat without even realizing what went inside.

i am not saying whether this was right or wrong, but this is how most of what happens in my life. not sure whether this can be called preordained? or preprogrammed?

it would be tough for me, to think of my actions in such a grand terms. i would more likely term it as routine, good or bad it may be.

desires, i think are good. it is limitless desire, i think is bad. each one of us has our imaginative sense of well being. whatever this may be defined, i think there is nothing wrong in aspiring and putting our best effort to acquire it.

but to keep moving the limits of satisfaction limitlessly appears to me uncontrolled greed.

i have above, talked of living. not sure where rama comes into play. as long as we do our jobs well, be honest, and live within the rules of the law, i think, we should feel a sense of self worth and peace.

but the mind is indeed a strange beast. and we have the unknown once we stop breathing. to me, it is for these unknowns, that i turn to God and several times, chant a prayer.

a prayer to me, is to seek peace of mind and consolation about the future. how i can use prayer to get a new car or a new t.v.? that simply does sound right. we can then extend it to argue, that if we get that car or t.v. our prayers are answered. otherwise, our god is bad?

i think prayers should be beyond demanding quid pro quo, for favours. prayers are goodness in itself. rama or krishna, are guidelines, i think, when times of trial and tribulations come - to give us a philosophical hands up to deal with a difficult situation.

rama, krishna not Godlike. just guides for better living. if in the process, we tend to believe in the divinity of rama or krishna, that is ok. but not essential, i think, to goodllving.

this is my personal philosophy. having ignrantly unread and not having any particular need to seek too much to confuse my simple rules of the road to a contented life :)

take care.

Dear Shri. KR Subramanian,

Respected anandb
Thank u for your enlighting reply. For a layman like me when it is told that Rama lived like a human being and it is for us to follow his steps it is understandable. But at the same time you say that Krishna`s (the latest avatharam) need not be followed. But it has to be looked at higher level. Here I think that nobody has thought of Gopan`s (husband of gopikas) mental state.
As I understood from stories told to me that when we see god there will not be any need. His OORAPARVAI will be enough to lift us from all PAPAS and we will be attaining the extreme level expected of a mankind. Then how come DESIRES exists in us. If even god`s physical presence cannot stop our desire who can.
You said thatI myself can only stop it. Are you saying that VIDHI can be overcome by our own deeds. I have read in a book that each second of our life is already programmed and even blinking of eye is programmed and we cannot change it. If so what is the use of going to temple or doing rituals? Please correct me if I am wrong

I did not say Krishna's avatar need not be followed. Your answer implies that Krishna coveted the Gopan's wife and possibly reduced the Gopan to a state of a mental wreck. What I am trying to say is Krishna's dalliances with the Gopikas is filled with symbolism or allegory and for that please read the Gita interpretation by Paramahansa. Don't take the literal meaning of it as we see someone coveting another's wife these days.

To answer your other question, I think god-realization is more than just seeing god to get relieved from one's desires or papa. In those ages, conversations between gods and rishis or gods and kings or commoners was quite common but did not mean that these beings became one with god. That is because as long as your are born in this karma bhoomi you are still attached to performing your karmas, good or bad. God can give you a physical darshan because of your punya karma but that alone does not ensure that you achieve brahman. Our scriptures say you need to look at your inner world to realize the brahman. So an enlightened yogi may never have witnessed god in a physical world but he is all the time with god in his inner consciousness.

Your terming VIDHI which I call KARMA is in your hands. That is what the Law of Karma states. This karma is three fold. Sanchita karma is the sum total of past karmas yet to be resolved. Some of it can get resolved in this janma and some of it in the later janmas. The portion that will be resolved in the present janma is called Prarabdha karma. Let us suppose that one's Sanchita karma consists of only papa karma. No doubt one has to suffer for it but the suffering can be greatly mitigated by being a person as ordained in the scriptures. This may reduce one's negative Prarabdha karma in this janma as well as the portion of suffering to be experienced in the later janmas. The third karma is Kriyamana karma which is the karma, good or bad, you are creating at present in this janma. The more good Kriyamana karma you are creating now increases the bank balance in your favor in the bank called Sanchita Karma. This bank balance will ensure that you enjoy good Prarabdha karma. Among many things, going to temple or doing rituals are a way to reduce one's negative Prarabdha karma. Unfortunately the term VIDHI has acquired a fatalistic connotation which it is not.

The Law of Karma is a very complex one which is beyond human understanding. One theory is being a law of Cause and Effect it runs its course according to one's punya or papa where even God does not intervene in its functioning. Sathya Sai Baba says though karma can be mitigated it cannot be eliminated. It can be eliminated only if someone else takes your papa karma. There have been instances where Sathya Sai Baba himself had taken certain karmas of his devotees and suffered.

If one understands this Law of Karma properly, we can see it is a beautiful law which actually helps in uplifting mankind.

Sri Anand,

Thanks for your detailed reply about Krishna's 'Rasaleela'. I looked at Rasaleela in a much more simpler terms. That's why I mentioned about Krishna's age.

In any village like 'aayarpaadi', any boy aged 12 to 13, who could play flute very well, who has charisma, who could play pranks, who could keep everyone happy, who is friendly would attract lot of youngters/not so young in age, but young at heart around him. Girls are more attracted to music than boys at that age (teen age years). That was all to Rasaleela. It was just kids having fun. No more than that. Different narraters indulged in their interpretations and made 'rasaleela' look as if it was a taboo thing. In my opinion, Rasaleela was a simple past time for younsters. Period. It would make a lot of sense in a village setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back