• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

To be a Good guy or Bad one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear anandb, Thank u for a detailed reply. This in one way explains to me that even if a person is a good guy in this JANMA he is suffering because of his last JANMA`S deeds. So also a bad guy in this JANMA IS living happily due to his last JANMA`s karma. It is like balance sheet and carrying forward to the next financial year.
Then in your case you have to admit that ATMA (BECAUSE BODYIS BURNED AFTER DEATH) CARRIES the punya/papa effects to. ie. it is not affected by any karma kindlyexplain. Also when atma is affected by karma, when does it become part of parabrahma?

Dear Shri. KR Subramanian,

Dear anandb, Thank u for a detailed reply. This in one way explains to me that even if a person is a good guy in this JANMA he is suffering because of his last JANMA`S deeds. So also a bad guy in this JANMA IS living happily due to his last JANMA`s karma. It is like balance sheet and carrying forward to the next financial year.
Then in your case you have to admit that ATMA (BECAUSE BODYIS BURNED AFTER DEATH) CARRIES the punya/papa effects to. ie. it is not affected by any karma kindlyexplain. Also when atma is affected by karma, when does it become part of parabrahma?

I am not a expert in this subject so I will answer this from my understanding of it. The atma or the soul does not die but is reborn again carrying with it all the purva janma (s) vasanaas including the karma. The first thing is the negative bank balance of your Sanchita karma has to be made positive first. At the same time you should not be accumulating any negative kriyamana karma as well. With good merit in your account and a single minded devotion on realizing the Brahman the atma migrates towards merging with the Brahman. I don't know how long this process takes. Paramahansa Yogananda in his autobiography says it normally takes a million years of life and death for a soul to realize the Brahman but this can be accelerated by performing Kriya Yoga, a method propagated by Babaji (remember Rajnikanth's guru).

A soul which breaks free from the cycle of births and deaths is called a Videhamukta. But then there are enlightened souls which are still born on earth not to fulfill their karma (as they don't have any karma) but for certain other noble purposes. Such souls are called Jivanmukta (ie) they are already liberated even while living in the physical body. The previous Acharya of Sringeri Mutt, Sri Abhinava Vidya Theertha Mahaswamigal was one such recognised Jivanmukta.

Respectable forum members,

I have one basic fundemental question. I would much appreciate if I get an answer for that.

My question is -
Jeevatma initially came from Paramatma. When Jeevatma was with Paramatma, it was one with Paramatma in a 'nirguna' stage and was in anandham. Why should Jeevatma, which at that time was pure and no karma burdens had to leave paramatma in the first place? Everyone keeps saying that the Jeevatma should strive to 'go home' to Paramatma. My query is, why that Jeevatma left home in the first place?

Thank you.

Cheers!

Dear Shri. Raghy,

Respectable forum members,

I have one basic fundemental question. I would much appreciate if I get an answer for that.

My question is -
Jeevatma initially came from Paramatma. When Jeevatma was with Paramatma, it was one with Paramatma in a 'nirguna' stage and was in anandham. Why should Jeevatma, which at that time was pure and no karma burdens had to leave paramatma in the first place? Everyone keeps saying that the Jeevatma should strive to 'go home' to Paramatma. My query is, why that Jeevatma left home in the first place?

Thank you.

Cheers!

I don't know what the Shastras say but this is my interpretation. The process of Creation and Dissolution has to go on ceaselessly. There are intervening periods of quietness but the process never stops because it is all one big dream dreamt by the Isvara. The process of Creation is never complete unless the Created is put to test and experimentation. This is so true even in the physical world. Now imagining Isvara as a big time Creator he is not just going to sit there idling his time doing nothing. He is playful and he wants to see how his Creations measure up. So he sends the Jivatmas to the physical world but covered in Maya or Illusion that they don't realise they are part of the same Isvara. This Maya makes them do things more for their sensual and materialistic pleasure keeping with the physical state of this world. The more this Maya is lifted the more the Jivatma realise it is part of the Brahman.

Dear Raghy,

Even I thought of the same before.
Initially there were no jeevatmas only the One and Only Paramatma.
Doesnt the famous line goes " I am One and willed to be Many".(Ekoham Bahusyam)
God knows why He wanted to create many.

renuka

Krishna's "Rasaleela"

In any village like 'aayarpaadi', any boy aged 12 to 13, who could play flute very well, who has charisma, who could play pranks, who could keep everyone happy, who is friendly would attract lot of youngters/not so young in age, but young at heart around him. Girls are more attracted to music than boys at that age (teen age years). That was all to Rasaleela. It was just kids having fun. No more than that. Different narraters indulged in their interpretations and made 'rasaleela' look as if it was a taboo thing. In my opinion, Rasaleela was a simple past time for younsters. Period. It would make a lot of sense in a village setting.[/QUOTE]

Dear Friends :

Bhagavatham has recorded that Lord Krishna was only 7 years of age while performing Rasaleela. This is the reason when Narayana Bhatadri composed "Narayaneeyam" thro 'Oliyum/Olliyum' that he saw at Guruvayur, he was able to write the names of gopis. [which was not recorded even in the Bhagavatham.].

Anbudan

Sanki:eyebrows:

I don't know what the Shastras say but this is my interpretation. The process of Creation and Dissolution has to go on ceaselessly. There are intervening periods of quietness but the process never stops because it is all one big dream dreamt by the Isvara. The process of Creation is never complete unless the Created is put to test and experimentation. This is so true even in the physical world. Now imagining Isvara as a big time Creator he is not just going to sit there idling his time doing nothing. He is playful and he wants to see how his Creations measure up. So he sends the Jivatmas to the physical world but covered in Maya or Illusion that they don't realise they are part of the same Isvara. This Maya makes them do things more for their sensual and materialistic pleasure keeping with the physical state of this world. The more this Maya is lifted the more the Jivatma realise it is part of the Brahman.

sri Anand,

in my humble opinion, your interpretation may not be the answer.Nirguna Brahmam will not engage in creation works; then it ceases to be nirguna brahmam. Further, I can't imagine Paramathma 'testing' or compelling 'jeevatma' to go through miseries for 'playful' intentions. Sorry, I am not convinced.

Shri. Raghy

sri Anand,

in my humble opinion, your interpretation may not be the answer.Nirguna Brahmam will not engage in creation works; then it ceases to be nirguna brahmam. Further, I can't imagine Paramathma 'testing' or compelling 'jeevatma' to go through miseries for 'playful' intentions. Sorry, I am not convinced.

I never said my interpretation is correct. Before the creation there is just one Brahman which is responsible for the Creation. The Advaita philosphy states that everything is One. Look at it from that point of view. Actually the Paramatma is not responsible for the miseries of the Jivatma. It is the Jivatma's maya which is responsible for its miseries. The Paramatma dispenses the fruits of the Jivatma's actions through the laws of karma.

Sri Anand,

With due credit to your explanations, still my initial question stands - Why does the jeevatma leave Paramatma in the first place? Also, personally, I don't think Brahman does any creation.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back