• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Think or sink!

The origin of Olympics ???

Man and war are inseparable!

Men simply have to invade another person's personal space, personal land, territory, village, country, continent ...whichever is possible!

We have learnt about the wars waged by
Chera + Chola on Pandiyas,
Cheras + Pandiyas on Cholas and
Cholas + Pandiyas on Cheras.

Eventually the God of War got sick and tired of these constant wars.

He wanted the real wars to be converted to mock wars between the countries... retaining the love for one's country and patriotism, fighting for a title, but all these all without bloodshed and violence.

That was how The Olympics was born!

Everything is warlike-right from the preparation but the properties used are not deadly weapons! ?

What a wonderful idea conceived by the God of War! :hail:

Dream Girl Moms!

A competition was held by a Tamil magazine a few years ago, in which mothers and daughters who looked more like sisters than a mother & her daughter were brought into prominence.

But when a mom dominates her daughter on that girl's wedding day, it becomes unpalatable.

Wedding day is THE day for the bride and the groom. The are the V.I.P s of the day. They are the hero and heroine of the day!

Let us not steal that small pleasure from them. That is what they will remember life long.

Same thing when you attend any wedding. Never look more glamorous or more decorated than the bride.

Let her glow on her special day!

One of my dance students (who must be on the wrong side of the 40s now) is planning for a Bharatha nAtya arangEtram next year. She is a professor by profession. This surprised me. I know the difficulties involved in a 40+ person dancing unless one is a professional narthaki.

My surprize got another boost hn I learned that one of the friends on my son - who is also on the wrong side of 40s is planning to have her arangetram later this year. She also works in a reputed firm in a very responsible post!
How do you explain these ???
Love of Art?
Mind over Matter??
Better late than never??
Making up for the last opportunity???
Whatever may be the real reason I can't help admiring their commitment and dedication to achieve something life - which to them is far more precious than the successful career!

The more we learn... the more we can remember.

The more we remember... the more we can learn.

So this another circle (but definitely not a vicious circle)! :)

Practice makes perfect. Interest makes one practice!

Does the End justify the Means?
Honestly I don't think so!
When anyone says "DO it all costs" it has several implications!
'It' may not possible, plausible, affordable, effective or even practical.
But 'getting it done it anyway' will surely cause more real problems than those one is trying to solve!

Loners and Losers!

Some men and women can't get married - however hard they may try.
Probably marriage is not included in the software of their life.

Most of them become Loners and avoid interacting with the others.
Many of them become Losers since they could not even win a spouse!

To fight off these negative feelings they take to Comfort Eating.
Very soon this Comfort Eating will reach uncomfortable level
and cause obesity related problem!

I am sure most of the killer diseases can be traced back to obesity!

So instead of achieving what is within their capacity and talent, these people choose
to leap to their early death - by digging their own grave with their spoon, fork and knife!

Mind is behind most of the problems of Mankind! :(
Things become important since Man gives them importance! :(

When we were kids, A.I.R used to broadcast 'thALa vAdhya sammeLaNam' very similar to the present day's Jugalbandhi.

My father was an ardent fan of that programme. Even though he was a very busy doctor kept on his toes 24/7, he would make time to listen to these audio feast of percussion instruments.

He would keep the rhythms with beats of the thALam and enjoy every minute of the programme. The grand finale and the crescendo always left him visually pleased!

Now we see the same thing with actual visuals of the bhavams of the performing artists - which make it so much more interesting like the nava rasa of the dancing artist.

I dedicate the following to the memory of a great human being and a great doctor - whom we five siblings had the good fortune of having as our dear father. ?

Should the word "Marriage" be redefined now?

I come across girls and boys who get married and continue to stay in different cities/ states/ countries and even continents.

They meet during the long weekends and indulge as though it were their last weekend on
the earth and then... go back to their place of work quietly!

Their life is alternated by Honey moon and Sani Moon! (Remember the cool full moon is supposed to scorch the people who are far away from their loved ones) !

At this rate the very concept of starting a family and raising kids is out of question.

He....Hardware,
She ...... Software,
Children.....nowhere
is the situation now.

Once upon a time the need to wed was for procreating worthy
citizens of the world.
Should the word Marriage be refined now as the license to enjoy without feeling guilty?

Unless a person is a genius,
it is best to aim at being intelligible.

The real test of man's character is
what he would do if he knew that
he would never be found out.

A man is what he is in the dark.

Walking down the memory lane...

It is exactly NINE long years since I entered the Forum as a complete novice...
more ignorant, more innocent, more touchy and more gullible than I am today.

Well! Surviving in a BIG Forum with a handful of mentors and several tormentors is bound to change anyone to the better - since it is the Survival ofthe fittest aka the people who are most willing to adapt and evolve!

It is true that what does not kill one makes him emerge stronger!

The Forum has taught my Patience, Tolerance, Ability to Forgive and Forget and the Power of Discretion as to when to Respond and when to Ignore. I know I still have a lot to learn and I am a willing student!

The Forum has brought out my latent talents ( if I can call them that way). It has made me use up all my free time in productive work - useful for me as well as for the others. I am happy to feel assured that I will be leaving behind me many more interesting things - than just my faded photos.

My 72 blogs ( as of now) and My Website would have never come into existence but for my joining the Forum most reluctantly on 2nd September 2010.

I KNOW have far to go and so I am not relaxing or letting the rest of my life go in utter waste. The next project is the blog of poems on
The Lives of Great Cultural Leaders and Ancient Saints of India.

Welcome to my website which (GOD WILLING) will get more interesting blogs added ASAP
http://visalakshiramani.weebly.com/ ?

Here Gay guys and Gay couples are accepted like normal people! They get married, adopt children, and lead a normal life ( as seen from outside). I bet their personal or intimate relationship would be anything but normal.
THIS is a country which places personal freedom above everything else. But to me freedom is entwined with responsible behaviour.
Whether the fifty shades of grey in gender orientation helps or harms people is widely debatable!

I know a sweet little girl who had been adopted by two gay guys. Even during divorce procedure, the mother gets the custody of the minor girls. Then how is that two men are allowed to adopt a girl?

What will be the life of this adopted girl like when she attains puberty. I am sure she will need the advice and proximity of a loving female relative - if not her mother.

What will happen if she does not get it? Will she grow normally or will the union of two gay men as her parents affect her normal emotional and psychological development?

I don't know enough info to come to a decision! :(

Unless a person is a genius,
it is best to aim at being intelligible.

The real test of man's character is
what he would do if he knew that
he would never be found out.

A man is what he is in the dark.

One pound of learning requires
ten pounds of common sense
to be able to apply it in life.

Doctors put drugs - of which they know little
to cure diseases - of which they know less
into human bodies - of which they know nothing.

Latest ads

Back