• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Think or sink!

Nature, Time and Patience are the three great Physicians who can heal any wound!

No day is so totally lost as the one in which we have never laughed.

Circumstances do not make or mar a man, but they show what he is made up of!

It takes much less time to do a thing right - than to explain why you did it wrong.

Some read in order to think. They are rare.

Some read in order to write. They are common.

Some read in order to talk. They are the great majority.

சொந்த அம்மா போலவே...

பாடம் சொல்லித் தர வேண்டும்!
கூடத் துணையாக இருக்க வேண்டும் !

உணவு சமைத்து போட வேண்டும்!
உடைகளைத் துவைத்துத் தர வேண்டும்!

தேவைக்கு ஏற்ப உதவிகள் செய்ய வேண்டும்!
தையல் திறமையை அர்ப்பணிக்க வேண்டும்!

பரிசுகள், பணம் தொடர்ந்து தர வேண்டும்!
வாரிசுகளுக்கும் மனமார உழைக்க வேண்டும்!

தூய 'தே' எண்ணெய் ஆட்டிக் கொடுக்க வேண்டும்!
தூய எண்ணையில் பலகாரங்கள் செய்ய வேண்டும்!

உடல், பொருள், ஆவி என்ற அனைத்தையும் தருபவளுக்கு
கிடைக்காது என்றுமே 'அம்மா போல 'அன்பும் அரவணைப்பும்!

கசக்கிப் பிழிவார்கள் உம் உடலில் சக்தி இருக்கும் வரை!
கருவேப்பிலையை ஆக்குவார்கள் தம் தேவைகள் தீர்ந்ததும்!

விழித்துக் கொள்வீர்! பிழைத்துக் கொள்வீர்!! உலகம் மாயை!!!

Some Startling Scientific Facts I have learned recently.

1. A person CAN hang himself using a bedsheet!
(No! Not a torn piece... but the whole thing)
I could hardly fold my sheet without tiring my arms! :(
I can't even imagine myself being able to tie a knot it!

2. A person can hang himself by kneeling on the ground !!!
While kneeling his body is supported by his knees resting on the ground!
Where and how does the 'hanging ' come into this picture???
Hanging implies that he hangs like a simple pendulum completely above the ground!!!

3. Hanging by a thick sheet while in contact with the ground can be 'so fierce' as to break several bones in the person's neck! They can cause cuts in his palm and store loose skin under his nails!!!

I have heard of White Lies which are said to be completely harmless.

I bet this is this is the Whitest Lie in the history of mankind!

In fact it is so white that everyone would love to believe it and happily live with it!

Ignorance thy name is bliss!!!

If you can give your child only one gift, then let it be enthusiasm.

A good memory is one which is trained to forget the trivial.

A word of warning to ladies who work in various factories....

"If you wear your clothes too loose, you will have trouble with the machines.
If you wear them too tight, you will have trouble with your male colleagues"

A question to those who try to promote the concept of exposing human body and even Nudism...

"If God wanted human to roam around naked, would He not have given human a shaggy coat of hair and made human walk on all the four limbs??"

Weaknesses:
To be silent when it is proper to speak;
To speak when it is proper to be silent.

Confidence:
The feeling we often have before
we understand the situation well.

WHY do many people hate the others???

Is it is because they look very different ?
Is it because they look much better ??

Is it because they are far too smarter ???
Maybe a combination of all these factors ???

Whatever be the real reason for the hatred
there is always an underlying undeniable anger!!! :(

Attachments area
Preview YouTube video One Eye Two Eyes and Three Eyes Story | Bedtime Stories for kids | My Pingu Tv

Please do not find fault with me thinking that I am promoting kids' bedtime stories.
I believe that True Knowledge can be absorbed from anywhere and at any age!

I do not like the world torn asunder by senseless hatred and fear :(
I do not like the world where people have no assurance that they will come home safe after work!

Es tut mir leid! = I'm sorry
Aber das gefällt mir nicht = But it does NOT please me!

If you are possess this knowledge please do pass it on to the impressionable youngsters in your circle - the future-citizens of this hate-filled-world!! Maybe they can and will change the world!

Please do not find fault with me thinking that I am promoting kids' bedtime stories.
I believe that True Knowledge can be absorbed from anywhere and at any age!

I do not like the world torn asunder by senseless hatred and fear :(
I do not like the world where people have no assurance that they will come home safe after work!

Es tut mir leid! = I'm sorry
Aber das gefällt mir nicht = But it does NOT please me!

If you ALREADY possess this knowledge please do pass it on to the impressionable youngsters in your circle - the future-citizens of this hate-filled-world!! Maybe they can and will change the world!

Re-posted with an important correction!

The wrongdoer has learnt to successfully silence the tiny voice inside him
which originally had the power to differentiate the right from the wrong.

In that process he has developed a strong spine and duck's back to keep off comments!!

The right doer has developed the tiny inner voice to become louder and clearer
which will guide him in life and prevent him from committing grave sins.

In that process he has made his spine so weak that he can't enforce his convictions on another man

WHY are the Spine and the Scruples mutually exclusive? :(

In olden times the population in any house would be a dozen + or (-) !
The parents + grandparents + children + unmarried aunts and uncles to name a few.

The lady/ ladies in the house would share the household chores.
The food would be simple but wholesome - which everyone would eat without complaining.

So though the amount of food prepared was large, the women in the house managed well.

Recently we had a family reunion with 10 members.
To feed the group of ten, five people had to work in the kitchen...all day long!

The 'pOththas' would not eat what the 'thAthA' would eat!
Nor would the thAthA like to eat what the pOththAs would eat!!

NOR did the three pothAs and pEththi see eye to eye when it came to food.

So all the parents had to cook for their own kids - just right and the poor pAtti cooked for thAthA.

Man needs choices in life....but is this called merely as a choice???

The weekly washing is becoming more and more difficult.
The load is too much to be carried around by the elterns!
The young would have gone out on their duties / chores!
When any group/ any load becomes too big to be handled smoothly,
the logical solution is to to break it into smaller groups/ loads!
May be washing once in every 4 or 5 days will reduce the strain.
It is worth a honest trial. When there is a will there is a way! :)

Which kind of weirdo would have these strange 'decorations' in his House of Horror???

A statue of an African warrior is scary enough even when in it is life size!
Imagine a naked African warrior twice the life size - exhibiting all his muscles and power!

A mannequin of a bride hung over the staircase - where no one can miss it while passing by!

Truly marriage is a gamble for many women ...but is not this too sinister to be suggested?
Did it suggest "Become my unwed bride OR get hanged OR both"???

The painting of himself in a prison and that of a bosom-friend dressed as a seductive woman?
He knew he belonged inside a prison and his bosom friend was probably wired all wrong!

I used to have some acquaintances who would always chat with me wherever they meet me and whenever they meet me - but would never visit me in my house, despite numerous invitations.

I would tell them "If you want to know the REAL ME you must visit my house at least once!"
I have a rare collection of mini souvenirs from USA and my paintings of Krishna all over the walls.

Now I realize how true I had been - even though the House of Horror was far away from my thoughts! Truly each house has a Mood, an Atmosphere, an Attitude and an Ambience!

Home is where the heart is! Home is where the Art is!! Home is where the Horrors are!

Der magische Spiegel (The magical mirror)

In Fairy Tales we come across magical mirrors which can show the owner of the mirror
persons living far far away and / or the things happening far far away.

I used to wonder as a child whether such a thing was really possible!
My doubt has finally got cleared - after all those long years of waiting for an answer.

YES! There is magical mirror or ( a small handy flat surface) which lets you see remote persons and know things happening far far away. It is called as a Handy (a Mobile phone) which has become an integral part of human existence,

At times it it bothersome since people do not wish to speak or listen to those sitting right in front of them - but which like to know what is happening halfway across the globe.

I used to grudge and grumble since in a household with just two persons, IF one person is possessed by this 'Magische Spiegel' the other person does not exist for him.

But to day I realised that it is the very same 'Magische Spiegel' which makes one person feel pushed out of the life of another keet the other one somewhat connected with the world of reality. But for that he may feel completely lost and be lost to the world of Reality.

Well there can be neither an unmixed blessing nor a dark cloud without a silver lining! Right???

Attachments area
Preview YouTube video Der magische Spiegel | Gute Nacht Geschichte | Deutsche Märchen

All problems can be solved.... if they are real and not created by imagination and projection!
All problems can be solved ....if both the parties involved in it wish to end it ....not otherwise!

So it requires human wisdom to distinguish between the real and the imaginary problems.
It requires human wisdom to determine whether or not the other party is willing to cooperate.

Falling short of this, people will be bangig their heads against walls and rocks with no success.
No point in blaming the others when one does not know when to "Let it go!"

It is not necessary to have the last word in every altercation!

I accompanied my husband when my son took him for a medical consultation.
The young doctor beamed at me and asked my son "Is she your father's wife?"

Probably he noticed the resemblance between me and my son after this question.
So he asked my son again,"Is she your mother?"

The way people live in USA has got condensed in these two questions!

A lady can be a boy's father's wife ....BUT NOT BE his biological mother!
The biological mother of a boy NEED NOT BE the wife of his father forever!!

I could not help recollecting the popular words said by one celebrity to another,
"Your children and my children are playing with our children in the garden!"

It happens in many movies. The child (hero/ heroine/ villain) would become an adult during a song/ a dance/ a fight/ a chase!

Often our own children grow up and become adults before we realise it - while we ourselves become middle aged or even older!

So one couple I met recently were feeling bad that they did not enjoy the different stages of their kids growing up. Now both their boy and their girl are old enough to get married.

I consoled them by saying, "Whatever you have missed in your own children, you can catch up and make up with your grandchildren. The parents are too busy serving their children to have time for admiring them growing up. But once they become grandparents they start observing the different stages of the growth of their grandkids. "

I put it in a nutshell by saying "Then You were the Servers. Now you will become the Observers. So do not feel bad for what you might have missed!"

Cabbages and Roses!

Cabbages are the essential things in life while Roses add elegance and interest to one's life.

I will compare Cabbages to our jobs/ chores/ tasks essential for our very existence in life.

I will compare Roses to our hobbies/ interests/ enjoyments and entertainments.

"All Cabbages and no Roses" will render one's life mundane, monotonous and tiring.

"All Roses and no Cabbages" will make a person a couch potato - in all probability!

So man must learn to balance both of these for a interesting and successful life.

One of my son's masters used to say very often,

"The secret of renaming young aged is remaining engaged!"

I myself could not have put the concept in a shorter or better way!
IF you do not have any hobby whatever it is high time that you developed on at least now!

The concept of "Survival of the Richest" seems to be hovering over the world quite unmistakably.

A presidential candidate says proudly that despite being the child of mere janitor, the person has risen to become a Senator and Presidential Candidate.

Can such a rare feat be performed by a brilliant and committed child in the future also?
I have my own doubts!!:(

On the one hand the stinking rich throw around $$$$$ to get their kids admitted in prestigious schools and colleges. On the other hand earning for the basic needs of the family is being made more and more difficult for the have nots.

Dreaming of College Education while struggling to keep a roof over the head and bring enough food for the family to keep the body and soul together??? It is but a Pipe Dream :(

AS I had said earlier the stinking rich HAVE a spine as strong as Indra's vajrAyudham but their scruples as flimsy as the cobwebs! :(

In a talk show the host said, "We still have The Spring but it comes in January!"

True all the seasons are still there but something / someone has disturbed the impeccable and perfect order which was maintained by Nature till five decades ago!

Apparently a mild Winter has already set in some cities in the East Coast of USA. It was NOT due for at least two more months!

Will the future generations hate us / love us / respect us / disown us for the atrocities we are committing on Mother Nature?

A laughing child is the best portrait of pure happiness.

Want of variety leads to satiety.

The loveliest bird may have no songs.

The sweet singing bird may have no beauty!

Nature knows to balance talents and looks!

Latest ads

Back