• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Think or sink!

Refer to #23642

Men and Matter (continued)

All the substances we see around us are in one of the three forms of matter viz Solids, Liquids and Gases. But wherever there is a rule, there will be an exception to break the rule.

Water is the unique substance which exists naturally in all these three states, in the solid form as ice, in the liquid form as water and in the gaseous form as water vapor.

Men ( women and children are included of course) are also of three types. He, for whom the world is limited to himself, is the center and sole purpose of the entire creation! All the others just happen to be there to serve him, to please him, obey him and take care of him!

He can be compared to a block of Ice...Cold, Unresponsive, Lacking Warmth, the feelings of Sympathy and Empathy and Selfish to the Core. Please look around for real life examples!

Man who lives a normal life interacting with the others, helping them, taking help from them but in a limited circle. He can be compared to the water which cleanses, purifies and satisfies the world.

Mahaans of the world can be compared to the water vapor. They may be visibly present as when the water boils, or invisibly present as the vapor in the air.

They influence the world in a healthy manner. They move freely, all embracing and help the persons known to them as well as perfect strangers.

The air carries various smells and odors but does not get attached to them. In the same way these mahaans interact with the good, the bad and the ugly - but they never get attached to any of them.

The three types of men and the three states of matter can be best understood this simple manner.

It is true that we can learn more about a person by what he says voluntarily than by asking him one hundred different questions. The same is true of the drawings made by the person, the choice of words to describe anything under the Sun.

When we recognize the tell tale symptoms of a deranged mind or a mind wired weirdly, it is best keep off from him at a safe distance, for the sake of everyone.

I have read that one out of five persons are mentally afflicted in someway or the other. But my guess is that the ratio may be more than 1/5 or 20 % of the population.

It is sad case of mental illness when a person gets confused between NAMI and MAMI!

Mental Health By the Numbers | NAMI: National Alliance on Mental ...
by N Leaders - ‎Related articles
Prevalence of Mental Illness Approximately 1 in 5 adults in the U.S. (46.6 million) experiences mental illness in a given year. Approximately 1 in 25 adults in the U.S. (11.2 million) experiences a serious mental illness in a given year that substantially interferes with or limits one or more major life activities.

Some people have to complain about everything and everyone - all the time and everywhere.
I used to live in close proximity with one such family of whiners!
I may offer them ambrosia but all i will get in return would be a cold stare, faces drawn long to resemble the banana blossom and some odd grunts.
I have long since learnt that no one can CAN please everyone.
Not just that but also that no one NEEDS to please everyone.
If they want to go about with a long face, foul words and suffer constantly,
it is their own personal choice! Why should I worry about it???

When people would do anything to gain attention we must learn to ignore them completely.
The child's tantrum increases when we try to pamper and pacify the child.
It has been long since established that Ignorance is bliss.
Now I learnt that Ignoring wanton tantrums may also lead to bliss!

Tamil also has it own share of irregular verbs. Here are a few!

தா => தந்தான்
வா => வந்தான்
விழு => விழுந்தான்
எழு => எழுந்தான்
BUT.....
அழு => அழுதான்
தொழு => தொழுதான்
உழு => உழுதான்

One of the many short formula-like-sermons given by my dear dad is "Always remain focused"
The focused beam of Sunlight is hot enough to ignite dry leaves and even dry wood. It is so much more powerful than the scattered sun beams at the same time of the day.

Remaining focused at the chosen task eliminates the waste of precious Time. It gives us new ideas and brain storms to tackle the task and its associated problems. The sense of achievement after accomplishing the task is immense. We knew what we wanted and we were able to do it successfully.

The story if the industrious Ant and happy-go-lucky Grasshopper conveyed the very same idea when we were kids. If ONLY we remember the lesson and use it everyday!

According to a legend, Archimedes burned down the Roman fleet by reflecting Sun beam on it using concave mirrors! Such is the power of focused light, heat and concentration of the human mind!

From time immemorial India has considered Rivers, Trees , Lakes and almost everything seen in Nature as associated with God and so defiling them or destroying them was considered as grave sins. May be the other countries and other religions thought that we were mere pagans!

I am happy to learn that now Water Bodies are conferred with the status of human beings with the same rights and liberties. In the long run it will make a lot of difference - since now anyone can become the spokesperson / guardian of these 'human beings'!

UNLESS the chemical is manufactured artificially, children will be denied of

their mom's milk ...just as calves are now being denied of the cows' milk! :(

Do the nEtAs of the G 20 Nations avoid this Charming Disney Prince -
just because they would cut a sorry figure when they are seen with him ?

I have seen a student collapsing after being hit by the cricket ball thrown by another a sports competition! I have read with horror the javelin piercing a boy's eye - just as he shoved and saved another boy from the path of the javelin. :(

Pluses and Minuses.

In Mathematics
(+1) + (+1) = +2.
(-1) + (-1) = -2.
(+1) + (-1) = 0.

In other words two pluses add up and so do two minuses too.
But a plus and minus cancel out when they are equal.

Why then does not a 'hypertension' (+) cancel out a 'hypothyroidism (-) ?

To cancel out each other the two factors must be equal and opposite.
But they must also act on the same point in opposite directions!

This is where Physics moves in :)

If the two equal and opposite factors (let us say forces for instance)
are not applied at the same point, the constitute a couple!

Can we understand better now why wedded people are always called a 'couple'?
Also why there s\are so many rotations due to the presence of a 'perfect couple'!

Hypertension (+) and Hypothyroidism (-) can never cancel out each other
- even if they are equal and opposite - since they constitute a perfect couple!

Couple
Mechanics
Description
In mechanics, a couple refers to two parallel forces that are equal in magnitude, opposite in sense and do not share a line of action. A better term is force couple or pure moment. Its effect is to create rotation without translation, or more generally without any acceleration of the centre of mass. Wikipedia

Note:

There will be rotation without translation and acceleration at the center of the mass.
Is there any better way of expressing what goes on in every single home - all over the world.
If you doubt or object to this statement then your marriage was really made in Heaven -
when God was in really in a very good mood!

It is fool that gets angry.
A wise man will not.
He will not since
words can't hurt him!

A bit of fragrance always clings
to the hand that gives out roses.
You become happy when you
make the others feel happy!

True and lasting fame is never a gift of chance.
Any Success = Perspiration + Inspiration

Nothing was invented and perfected at the same time.
Man can think and evolve only in small steps - never in giant leaps!

Partnership with powerful people is never really safe.

It is far better to be convinced by words than blows.
But he who won't listen to words will receive the blows.

Beautiful or Pathetic???
Lolita Express - that which transported innocent young girls to make them fallen women!
Juvenile Island - there where the Sex Festival aka Orgy used to take place!
Sweetheart Deal - that which was eyewash to cover up the multiple rapes of underaged girls
Jail Term - that which allows the criminal 12 hours of freedom every day - free of any kind of supervision or restriction - to prey upon more girls and young women even while serving the sentence!
Money - that which was used to lure and expand the circle of victims to spin more money!
Yes truly the WHOLE THING just stinks! :(

He who knows nothing, has no doubts.
He who knows everything, also has no doubts.

It is the people with incomplete knowledge that get doubts.
And genuine Doubt is the first step in gaining knowledge.

The only competition worthy of a wise man is with himself.

Only the 'best' is 'good enough' for me.

The only way to get the best out of an argument is to avoid it, at all costs.

Least said...soonest mended.

Keep your mind always young. Your face will follow the suit.

A thinking mind is eternally young. So too the thinking brain!!!

40. Lolita

Lolita is a world famous novel by Vladimir Nabokov, first written in English and published in 1955, in Paris. Later it was translated to Russian and published in 1958 in New York.

The novel is famous for its controversial theme in which a middle aged man Humbert Humbert becomes obsessed worth a 12 year old Dolores Haze. The other names of Dolores are Dolly, Lolita, Lola and LO!

The plot of the novel is the story of Florence Sally Horner who was abducted from new Jersey in 1948 by a child molester. At the age of eleven, Sally stole a 5 cent note book in Camden, New Jersey, USA.

Frank La Salle, a 50 year old mechanic caught her stealing. He posed as an agent of FBI and threatened to send her ” to place for girls like you”. He abducted the girl and spent twenty one months traveling with her to different American states, holding her as a sex slave!

Several details of Sally Horner and Dolly Haze rhyme and seem to run almost parallel! Both Sally and Dolly were nice looking youngsters; both had widowed mother and both had brown hair. Lolita’s Florentine hands and breasts evoke the memory of “Florence” -the first name of Sally.

Copying La Salle, Humbert too terrorizes his victim. He even alludes to the case of Frank La Salle. Both Frank and Humbert take the girls to the different states of USA. Both the girls die very young. Sally dies in a car accident and Dolly dies during the child birth.

The appearances and names of the girls as the well as the plots are strikingly similar. No doubt the Lolita of Nabokov’s novel is Sally Horner of New Jersey.

Visalakshi Ramani

I recognize a troubled soul - when I come across one.
It is not necessarily the ghost of a person dead and gone.
It might even be a person who is alive but hollow in the inside.
May God give Peace and Solace to these Living Dead! :(

Latest ads

Back