• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Think or sink!

Whoever we may be and whatever we plan to do, learning cooking is as essential as walking and talking for our very existence.

I brought up my to sons like two little princes and never made them do any work in the kitchen.

They cook better than their wives now since they had to survive of the scholarship they received.

Men are the cooks we find in most of the catering services. All my brothers in law are expert cooks - giving their respective spouses extra sleeping time, breathing space and elbow room.

As for my master the story is different. He is used to getting everything DONE by me - rather than doing anything for me.

All knowledge is power - even that of cooking! :)

ஔவையார் is very intelligent and hence she prayed for old age to avoid such complications.
and Pillayar granted her wish.

But in those days women were safe to roam around day or night and eat the clean food offered with respect by the householders!

Now I doubt whether ஔவையார் will survive safely even for one night outside in the open! :(

My father used to say this often...

A doctor SHOULD NOT take long leave!

IF HE DOES, then the patients will realize that
they become alright even without the doctor's treatment.

I think a writer should not take too many days off!

The people will forget him sooner than the time
it TAKES TO SAY, "DROP YOUR HAT!"

My father used to say this often.

"You are not what you think you are!
You are not what I think you are
You are what you think i think you are!"

The same theory can be extended to actions as well!

Projection of oneself onto the others is
the root cause of most misunderstandings.

Each action is NOT what is being done ...
but what we think is being done!!!

Each sentence is NOT what is being spoken...
but what we think is being spoken!!!

Unless people stop adding shades of their own-selves
into the words and actions of others misunderstandings can never be ruled out!

Don't look at the world through tinted glasses!

I saw a beautiful girl in the Eye Clinic. There was something different about her - but it only made her look more beautiful.

I realised that she was having a small bone growth - the size of half a marble children play with.

It was right at her Eyebrow Centre and the girl had painted her thin and long, tikA ( pottu ) right in the middle of the bump with a black kAjal.

Instead of looking like an ugly bump, it actually highlighted her pottu and made her look more beautiful.

I liked the idea - instead of trying to hide the bump she had cleverly used it to her advantage. :)

If looks can kill....I may not be here right now!

I usually like people - all sorts with all their shortcomings and idiosyncrasies. No one is really perfect any way... right?

No one can be really perfect except God.

But of late I wished to avoid being seen by someone who had neither good wishes for me nor any good thought about me!

How do I know?

Well those looks convey those thoughts as clearly as spoken words! So the hide-and-seek game went on as best as possible- since the character I am speaking about is rooted to the window-unseen by the other but seeing everything day and night!

I want to try out all the new dresses stitched by me from the old saris - to find out if they needed any adjustments / alterations.

So the dress I wore to the temple yesterday evening was new by the sari it was made from was not new. It was pearl color and usually it suits me well since my lucky gem is pearl.

When I got out of my front door, that weird character happened to be right there in front of my door and gave me a LOOK!

Oh what a look it was!!!

It felt like a ball of fire hitting the nape of my neck. I somehow plodded on to the temple near the colony gate and settled down in a plastic arm chair.

But my mind was not focused. My eyes went dim and the world suddenly became surreal. I got a fear whether I will be able to walk back home or will need to be assisted by two or more people!

I could not sing the usual songs! I just closed my eyes and sat taking deep breaths and meditating on Devi. I felt slightly better after half an hour and was able to walk back home!

I am a staunch devotee of HanumAnji who can drive away bootha, prEtha, pisAsu...... but a living demon???

I could not help wondering what would have happened to a person with less belief in God, less spiritual practices and was less strong mentally!

MAYBE LOOKS CAN KILL!

இனியவை எட்டு... இன்னா எட்டு!
(ஒளவைப் பாட்டியின் அடிகளைப் பின்பற்றி...)

இருக்க வேண்டியது.......பிறரை மனமாரப் பாராட்டுவது.
இருக்க வேண்டாதது......பிறரைக் குறை கூறுவது.

இழக்க வேண்டியது.....கெட்ட பழக்கங்களை.
இழக்க வேண்டாதது....நல்ல நண்பர்களை.

மகிழ்ச்சியுற வேண்டியது.....பிறர் வளர்ச்சியைக் கண்டு.
மகிழ்ச்சியுற வேண்டாதது...பிறர் வீழ்ச்சியைக் கண்டு.

பேச வேண்டியது.....பயனுள்ள வார்த்தைகளை.
பேச வேண்டாதது...வெட்டி ஊர் வம்புகளை.

தலையிட வேண்டியது.....பொதுப் பிரச்சனைகளில்.
தலையிட வேண்டாதது...தனிப் பட்ட பிரச்சனைகளில்.

கடைப்பிடிக்க வேண்டியது ....மௌனம்.
கடைப்பிடிக்க வேண்டாதது....ஓயாத பேச்சு.

செய்ய வேண்டியது.....ஓடிச் சென்று உதவுவது.
செய்ய வேண்டாதது....செய்த உதவியைச் சொல்லித் திரிவது.

தடுக்க வேண்டியது.....தீய செல்களை.
தடுக்க வேண்டாதது...பிறர் முன்னேற்றத்தை.

நல்ல பரிசு எது?

பகைவனுக்கு.............மன்னிப்பு.

நண்பனுக்கு................உள்ளம்.

குழந்தைக்கு................ஒழுக்கம்.

பெற்றோருக்கு............மரியாதை.

மனைவிக்கு.................சகிப்புத் தன்மை.

எல்லோருக்கும்...........தாராளகுணம்.

தனக்குத் தானே..........தன்னம்பிக்கை.

காரணம்........................................................காரியம்.

1 a. மன்னிப்புக் கேட்கும்போது புனிதம் அடைகிறீர்கள்.
1 b. மன்னிப்புத் தரும்போது மேன்மை அடைகிறீர்கள்.

2 a. மற்றவர்களை மதிக்கும்போது மதிக்கப் படுகிறீர்கள்.
2 b. மற்றவர்களைத் தாழ்த்தும்போது தாழ்த்தப்படுகிறீர்கள்.

3 a. உதவும் போது கடவுள் ஆகிறீர்கள்.
3 b. உழைக்கும்போது மனிதன் ஆகிறீர்கள்.

4 a. நம்பும்போது பலசாலி ஆகிறீர்கள்.
4 b. நேசிக்கும்போது தேவன் ஆகிறீர்கள்.

5 a. நல்லதையே பார்க்கும்போது அன்னம் ஆகிறீர்கள்.
5 b. செல்வத்தைத் திரட்டும்போது தேனீ ஆகிறீர்கள்.

6 a. தோல்வியில் துவளாதபோது தீரன் ஆகிறீர்கள்.
6 b. வருவதை ஏற்கும்போது வீரன் ஆகிறீர்கள்.

7 a. சவால்களைச் சந்திக்கும்போது உறுதி அடைகிறீர்கள்.
7 b. விமரிசனத்தைத் தாங்கும் போது வலிமை அடைகிறீர்கள்.

8 a. வென்றபிறகும் பணிவோடு இருந்தால் இமயம் ஆகிறீர்கள்.
8 b. வெல்லும் வழியக் காட்டும்போது வெளிச்சம் ஆகிறீர்கள்.

Nearly 18 years ago, I had a student whom came to me for maths tuition.

She was the heroine of the kallappam episode, in which she was giggling uncontrollably and confessed that she had eaten appam made with kallu for the evening snack.

One day I told her to ask any doubt she had.

She asked me point blank how to use a popular birth control device, making me perform a sitting high jump. I had expected some doubt in mathematics, but nothing was farther from my thoughts than the doubt she asked me.

I told her she DOES NOT need to know it now. When the need arises she will be told all about it by her parents.
I tipped her father that she needs close supervision to make her concentrate only on her studies.

Later she stopped coming for tuition.

May be she could not face me or may be she got into some trouble and stayed away.

It was NOT the age of INTERNET. People still asked the elders things that they did not know about.

Reading about the arrest of a doctor who performs abortion for a mere 1500 Rs, I was reminded of this incident that took place nearly 25 years ago.

In spite of this being the Internet saga girls are still curious,
girls are still ignorant, girls still get into trouble for the mischiefs they do and girls still seek the help of a quack
to set right their problems!

Here is the full poem:

"God and the doctor we alike adore

But only when in danger, not before;

The danger o’er, both are alike requited,

God is forgotten, and the doctor slighted.''

Today's new link

Why are these “naughty poems”?

Time is supposed to be a continuous stream flowing eternally. This is what supports the concept of time travel back to the past or to the future.

At times working backwards is easier than working in the forward direction. When unable to find the way to the centre of a maze we work backwards. It is much more easier to come out of the maze – if we start from the centre.

This is a similar attempt in writing simple English poetry. Instead of starting with a theme and going searching for words which rhyme perfectly, I did the converse.

I got all the rhyming words and tried to weave them into a poem – with a rational and acceptable theme – to the best of my ability.

These poems are naughty – not because of their theme – but since they were made differently. These poems had to become long or short – depending on the number of rhyming words at my disposal.

Some of the poems are really good and some are a little weird. Since it is an experiment, I request you to enter the blog with a lenient and open mind and try to enjoy my logical and mathematical creations.

To produce half a K.G. of meat we require 10,515 liters of water.
To produce half a K.G. of wheat, we require only 253 liters of water.

To conserve water, people are advised to become vegetarians or vegans. Yet we read about the smuggling of capsules filled with the dried flesh of dead babies!!!

Going back to cannibalism and dwelling in caves???

தனியாக இருந்த பெண்ணுக்கு பிரசவம் பார்க்கத்
தாய் வடிவு எடுத்து வந்தாராம் சிவபெருமான்.

"தாயும் ஆனவர்" என்ற நல்ல பெயர் பெற்றார்.
"தந்தையும் ஆனவர்" என்று சொல்லத் தேவை இல்லை.

தரணியில் உள்ள அனைத்து உயிர்களுக்கும்
தந்தை அவரே என்று அறிவோமே நாம்!

என்றோ நடந்த கதை அல்ல இது.
இன்றும் உலகில் இது நடக்கின்றது.

பிரசவம் பார்க்க வேண்டிய தாயே
படுத்து விட்டார் உடல் நலம் இன்றி.

மனைவிக்குப் பிரசவம் பார்த்த உத்தமன்
மனைவிக்கே ஒரு நல்ல "தாயும் ஆனான்".

முதலில் பிறந்திருந்த குழந்தைக்கு நல்ல
"தாயும், தந்தையும்" ஆக அவன் மாறினான்.

பிறந்த குழந்தைக்குத் "தந்தையும் ஆனான்"!

"தாயும் ஆன இறைவனே" அந்த நல்ல மகனுக்குத்
தாங்கும் திறனையும் அளித்திட வேண்டும்! ?

My next project os to complie as many AstOthrams as possible.
I am just waiting to get back to USA to start that project.

It so happened that one of my old neighbors called me to talk about her collection of 100 astOthrams from ancient books which had already started crumbling to powder.

She wished to publish them. Can you guess what the publisher had to say?

"Hand me over all the materials and an additional Rs 40, 000/-
and then forget about me, the money and the material once for all"

He would get the book published at her expense but the proceeds from the sale of the book would go to himself.

How do you like it?

I told her I can publish it for her in the Wordpress (unless she herself wants to do it herself) giving her the full credit of compiling the astOtramas.

I can also post it in the forum promising ~ 100 views per day.

She has to get back to me!

Will we get a glimpse of those rare ashtOthrams?

Will they get preserved for the future generations??

Will she publish it herself or let me do it for her???

Only Time can give us all the answers!

Great baktas may be reborn as a snake worshiping Siva, a monkey attending Ramayana discourse etc.

My son had two rabbits. One of them, the male, looked like a deer and the other a female looked like a lamb.

The female I used to call as "Aattukkutti" since had the head and face of a black and white lamb. She loved to watch our Hindi movies. She will stretch out her limbs and settle comfortably in front of the T.V. screen.

She watched both "Chak de India" and "Om Shanthi Om" fully. The male just did not bother even to take glimpse.

Corollary:

All females of all species are attracted by the big screen, the movies and the serials. :)

இது எப்படி இருக்கு???

When the two horoscopes matched well the father of the boy contacted the mother of the girl on phone.

(Apparently the father of the girl was NOT allowed to answer the incoming phone calls or to take important decisions)

Before the boy's father could ask her whether the girl was willing to relocate after the wedding, the mother of the girl asked him the same question regarding his son!!!

Latest ads

Back